+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Uma101

May 25, 2018
Hi
Got med req today via gckey. Uma u r so right.
Thank you
aww so you can make the appointment with doc asap and probably in 4-5 days med will be approved. I think they must be having a monthly reminder coz I got all the updates "n 1st week of the month

Reactions: NPRA

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
aww so you can make the appointment with doc asap and probably in 4-5 days med will be approved. I think they must be having a monthly reminder coz I got all the updates "n 1st week of the month
True. I will do so Uma. Hope my bgc will start soon :)

Reactions: Uma101

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
True. I will do so Uma. Hope my bgc will start soon :)
It's a 'million dollar' question as our senior members said. Anyway Good luck... You will get it soon. :)

Reactions: NPRA

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
@yoge @hopefulcanuck1 my wife listened cic online tool. It's saying we have finished till aug 1st 2017 files. As I said Im aug 1st 2017 applicant. Still 20days more to hit timeline too. But I didn't get any signs like bg start or etc... Still it's saying we r reviewing ur eligibility. Wt is this?

Last edited:

hopefulcanuck1

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Colombo
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
17-05-2016
From my understanding, this reviewing eligibility, security check, background check and all these processes are not always promptly updated in the online tool. Also I have seen that it differs from person to person. So I don't know if there is a standard procedure for what comes first and what is the order and how long each stage takes. We can only guess based on previous applicants.

In terms of reviewing eligibility, I think that it is all part of security check and background check. Because for example if someone doesn't pass the security check for any reason then they can't pass the eligibility also. So in my understanding they are all connected.

At the end of the day, we just have to wait and see. Once the timeline is exceeded then we can inquire about the status of the process and even get the help of the local MP in Canada. This whole process is definitely stressful so good luck to everyone! But be happy, the new system seems to be moving a lot faster than the old system so thats a good thing!

@yoge @hopefulcanuck1 my wife listened cic online tool. It's saying we have finished till aug 1st 2017 files. As I said Im aug 1st 2017 applicant. Still 20days more to hit timeline too. But I didn't get any signs like bg start or etc... Still it's saying we r reviewing ur eligibility. Wt is this?

thiva

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
colombo
From my understanding, this reviewing eligibility, security check, background check and all these processes are not always promptly updated in the online tool. Also I have seen that it differs from person to person. So I don't know if there is a standard procedure for what comes first and what is the order and how long each stage takes. We can only guess based on previous applicants.

In terms of reviewing eligibility, I think that it is all part of security check and background check. Because for example if someone doesn't pass the security check for any reason then they can't pass the eligibility also. So in my understanding they are all connected.

At the end of the day, we just have to wait and see. Once the timeline is exceeded then we can inquire about the status of the process and even get the help of the local MP in Canada. This whole process is definitely stressful so good luck to everyone! But be happy, the new system seems to be moving a lot faster than the old system so thats a good thing!
I would say you are right

Reactions: hopefulcanuck1

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....

Mm exactly. Thanks

Reactions: hopefulcanuck1