Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
nope, it says "Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" since the file transferred to Colombo. but somehow they requested medical.. Btw why does ur application take so long? even if it falls to the old category, one of our cousin got his visa in 8 months 5 years ago.
No. Medical not depend on any checking steps. Normally will get once transferd to colombo.

Ya same question I have too. Im a new category applicant. My application received on aug 1st 2017. It's transferd to colombo & got medical on nov. Medical done & passed on dec 2017. But still eligibility going on... I don't know wt kind of process this? Honestly we didn't do any fraud in application or anywhere. Honestly Colombo process is really stupid & very stressful for us.

Last edited:

Uma101

May 25, 2018
No. Medical not depend on any checking steps. Normally will get once transferd to colombo.

Ya same question I have too. Im a new category applicant. My application received on aug 1st 2017. It's transferd to colombo & got medical on nov. Medical done & passed on dec 2017. But still eligibility going on... I don't know wt kind of process this? Honestly we didn't do any fraud in application or anywhere. Honestly Colombo process is really stupid & very stressful for us.
oh I didn't mean that way. I thought maybe u would have made a mistake...
Let's hope for the best! one day very soon all of a sudden you will get a good news!!

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
oh I didn't mean that way. I thought maybe u would have made a mistake...
Let's hope for the best! one day very soon all of a sudden you will get a good news!!
Oh I didn't mention like too. Just said ha ha Thanks!!!

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi,
Any udates from colombo VO. My file was transferred on 08th May and gckey changed to started proessing on 11th May. No updates from there.med req is still pending.Is this normal. Does this mean that they havent started working on my application.

Thanks

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi,
Any udates from colombo VO. My file was transferred on 08th May and gckey changed to started proessing on 11th May. No updates from there.med req is still pending.Is this normal. Does this mean that they havent started working on my application.

Thanks
Normal process

Reactions: NPRA

Uma101

May 25, 2018
can anyone tell me how long does it take to complete bg check?
Can I apply for visitors visa while my application is in process?

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Some people applied for visitor visa and got granted. But the chances are pretty low. You have to convince the immigration that u will return and dont intend to stay. According to the people who got visas they applied for short period stay like 1 month, have shown ties at home country such as job and properties and have given valid reason for travel. Its better to state why the one residing in canada is not able to visit u and y u have to visit him instead. Hope for the best and congratulations.

Last edited:

NPRA

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Uma could you please share ur timeline. My file was transferred on 08th May. But nothing after that. Im awaiting for Med req and my bgc hasnt even started yet. Getting tensed now

Thanks

Uma101

May 25, 2018
Uma could you please share ur timeline. My file was transferred on 08th May. But nothing after that. Im awaiting for Med req and my bgc hasnt even started yet. Getting tensed now

Thanks
hey hi yestryest i replied to your post but I cant see the post anymore coz your timeline is similar to mine.
app sent on 1st of Feb
AOR on 20th March
Pcc & SA request on29th March
Decision made for Sponsor on 25th April
File transferred to CMB on 9th May
Started processing CMB on 11th May
Med req on 8th June
Med passed on 14 th June
Background check started on 12th June
btw I heard usually they send the Med request on the 5th or 6th months

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
hey hi yestryest i replied to your post but I cant see the post anymore coz your timeline is similar to mine.
app sent on 1st of Feb
AOR on 20th March
Pcc & SA request on29th March
Decision made for Sponsor on 25th April
File transferred to CMB on 9th May
Started processing CMB on 11th May
Med req on 8th June
Med passed on 14 th June
Background check started on 12th June
btw I heard usually they send the Med request on the 5th or 6th months
Ya I watched ur post but no more that. Any how I think ur visa is on the way. Bcz ur bg check is already started. wait 2 months. Im telling u. U will get ur PPR soon.

Reactions: Uma101

Uma101

May 25, 2018
Ya I watched ur post but no more that. Any how I think ur visa is on the way. Bcz ur bg check is already started. wait 2 months. Im telling u. U will get ur PPR soon.
Thanks gobiy.. but I have no patience anymore. Its been 10 months since we got married and he is stuck with work.. my friends said visa will be given in 6months but when I see posts here it looks like a long process. So for time pass we just fight all the time ;)

gobiy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Visa Office......
Colombo
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Thanks gobiy.. but I have no patience anymore. Its been 10 months since we got married and he is stuck with work.. my friends said visa will be given in 6months but when I see posts here it looks like a long process. So for time pass we just fight all the time ;)
Ya I can understand. I hv good enough experience. No more to loose Ha ha ... Do not apply for visit visa. U will get ur visa before end of aug. Wait & see my words. Bcz ur process is going smoothly.