03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Anyone here who recently came from srilanka to canada tried to get canadian driver license using srilankan driving experience?
I know many people who have done it. But it depends on which province you live in.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Nila1 said:
Application received - October 18, 2016 Transfer to colombo office November 21, 2016.
Medical received Jan 05, 2017
Interview - end of February

Thank you soo much for your comment. This will definitely help me prepare for interview..
This is the fastest ever I have heard. Good luck

When is your interview?

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Got my passport back. Feeling happy. At last

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
dnyfyn said:
Got my passport back. Feeling happy. At last
congratsss

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
we are in ontario
Congratulations first of all!

Best method is get your licence fresh here in Canada. Because, if you use a different country one to get yours here, they keep the original. When that happens, if and when you go back to Sl, you wont' be able to drive there. By getting one fresh here you get to keep both.
Hope this helps

Verthica

Feb 19, 2017
Hi All.
Have been following this thread for past two years.
Finally with God grace and luck, we got visa and happy about it.
I would like to share our time line.
Application applied in May 2015
Sponsor approval and files sent July 2015
Request Police clearance (again) and scheduled A Jan 2016
Request Medica (again) March 2016
Passport request Jan 2017
Application closed Feb 2017
Whole process took us total of 21 months
We followed our applications through online, notes, lawyer and MP.
I'm sharing this information now because someone would find it useful as I was following others' timelines (Thank you)
Pease don't lose hope. One day whole process would come to end.
Good luck.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
SL_chica said:

Best method is get your licence fresh here in Canada. Because, if you use a different country one to get yours here, they keep the original. When that happens, if and when you go back to Sl, you wont' be able to drive there. By getting one fresh here you get to keep both.
Hope this helps
Thank you!

KiPriyan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-2016
File Transfer...
12-2015
Interview........
11-2016
Passport Req..
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-2016
LANDED..........
20-12-2016
SL_chica said:

Hope this helps
Hey
Actually my husband just got his G1 license using his SL license. They did not retain his SL license. Service Ontario gave it back to him. Also bc he had licence from SL...they added one year expereince to his profile. Are you also in Ontario?

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Can anyone help me with this question... the vo requested some more documents from us and asked to submit by feb 19 when my hubby went to drop off in person he didnt submit the pcc cuz by then we didnt get it.. but we wrote a note saying once we get it we will provide it.. so then on feb 13 he went in person again and dropped off the pcc... the concern is on the 21st he got an emaol from the embassy stating final request for pcc and hand it in vy march 7.. but before the email he got a call but he missed it and so what we did is replied back to the email stating that we have submitted.. so I am worried if they read that or not, I did get an auto reply saying we will get back within 5 days.. plus my hubby redialed the number and the person who talked on the phone also mentioned to reply the email... but after that we havent heard anything from them.. and just waiting is there any other way to let them know we already submitted the police c... let me know guys.. thanks

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
With regards to drivers license; in Ontario (I don't know about other provinces) they don't keep the drivers license. They only keep the license if it is issued in USA, other Candian province, UK, NZ, Aussie, Japan and South Korea.

If you come from SL; you need to go to the embassy or the consulate and get a letter validating your drivrs license. Then you need to go to drive test and give your license with the passport and the letter. They will waive off the waiting period and you can directly go for the test.

If you get fresh license you need to wait for a year before you can drive.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
dnyfyn said:
With regards to drivers license; in Ontario (I don't know about other provinces) they don't keep the drivers license. They only keep the license if it is issued in USA, other Candian province, UK, NZ, Aussie, Japan and South Korea.

If you come from SL; you need to go to the embassy or the consulate and get a letter validating your drivrs license. Then you need to go to drive test and give your license with the passport and the letter. They will waive off the waiting period and you can directly go for the test.

If you get fresh license you need to wait for a year before you can drive.
someone told me that they contacted the srilankan embassy in canada and was told they dont provide such letter and that they have to go to MTO in srilanka to get the letter. Do you actually know anyone who got the letter from the srilankan embassy/consulate in canada?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Rainbow21 said:
Can anyone help me with this question... the vo requested some more documents from us and asked to submit by feb 19 when my hubby went to drop off in person he didnt submit the pcc cuz by then we didnt get it.. but we wrote a note saying once we get it we will provide it.. so then on feb 13 he went in person again and dropped off the pcc... the concern is on the 21st he got an emaol from the embassy stating final request for pcc and hand it in vy march 7.. but before the email he got a call but he missed it and so what we did is replied back to the email stating that we have submitted.. so I am worried if they read that or not, I did get an auto reply saying we will get back within 5 days.. plus my hubby redialed the number and the person who talked on the phone also mentioned to reply the email... but after that we havent heard anything from them.. and just waiting is there any other way to let them know we already submitted the police c... let me know guys.. thanks
Did u send the documents through email? if not please send it through case specfic enquiry. hope you have copy of the clearance so scan it and send it through the below link and write them a notes saying you have already submited pcc to colombo cic
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp