Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Nila1 said:
Hi guys, quick question

So my husband had his interview couple of days ago. And today someone called him from the colombo embassy requesting him to send a photo copy of his passport.. even though I already sent it with the application. Maybe the miss placed it not sure. Anyways can someone please help me how do I send his photo copy of his passport and why are they checking into passport again I'm worried now. Can someone please help me. Much appreciated
hi can you share ur timeline plz

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Nila1 said:
Hi guys, quick question

So my husband had his interview couple of days ago. And today someone called him from the colombo embassy requesting him to send a photo copy of his passport.. even though I already sent it with the application. Maybe the miss placed it not sure. Anyways can someone please help me how do I send his photo copy of his passport and why are they checking into passport again I'm worried now. Can someone please help me. Much appreciated
Did they ask you to submit COPY of the passport to the embassy? If so, you can send it via the case specific inquiry portal. Link is below:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=colombo

Nila1

Feb 8, 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
Did they ask you to submit COPY of the passport to the embassy? If so, you can send it via the case specific inquiry portal. Linl

Yes they have asked to send a copy to them by email... thanks...

I have posted my timeline in previous post.

Nila1

Feb 8, 2017
Can someone help me please ... I just got a email stating this.. does this mean visa has been approved? Or do they still have a chance to reject the application?

Date: March 2, 2017

Dear

The processing of your application for admission to Canada is almost complete. To finalize your application, we need your:
1) Passports
VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Visit the VFS Sri Lanka website for

Please present this letter to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in Colombo in a secure envelope. VFS will contact you when your passport is ready to be picked up.

• Permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
• There must be at least two blank pages in each person’s passport.
• We are unable to issue a visa with a validity date beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport should be valid for at least six months when you submit it.
2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. The photograph format has changed recently so new photographs are needed even though photographs were included in your application.

tamilrootz

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
you've got visa!!!!

Nila1 said:
Can someone help me please ... I just got a email stating this.. does this mean visa has been approved? Or do they still have a chance to reject the application?

Dear

The processing of your application for admission to Canada is almost complete. To finalize your application, we need your:
1) Passports
VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Visit the VFS Sri Lanka website for

Please present this letter to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in Colombo in a secure envelope. VFS will contact you when your passport is ready to be picked up.

• Permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
• We are unable to issue a visa with a validity date beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport should be valid for at least six months when you submit it.
2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. The photograph format has changed recently so new photographs are needed even though photographs were included in your application.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Nila1 said:

Dear

1) Passports

2) Photographs
CONGRATS!!! It means your application got approved :)

Nila1

Feb 8, 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
CONGRATS!!! It means your application got approved :)

Thank you so much guys... feels much better... I was so worried since they didn't say anything at the interview.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Nila1 said:
And what does PPR mean? Do I still need to wait for that?
Congratulations Nila1
PPR is what you already got (Passport Request = PPR) to send passport to VFS global

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Arrived in Canada

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Praba said:
Hi vijay, any updates?
nothing for me.... wat about u?

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
vijay1987 said:
nothing for me.... wat about u?
Nothing vijay, Got reply from MP and Minister they said background check are in process! I dont know how long its gonna take