AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
KiPriyan said:
Hello everyone,
I need some guidance. My husband received email yesterday with an interview date in November. They requested him to bring passport and "documents pertaining to your application" for that day. They want those documents to be original and translated in english/French. I find this description is unclear as I'm not sure exactly what documents they r referring to. Does anyone of you have any insight to this?

Hey goodluck on the interview.. Well I beleive they want documents proving your relationship so bring lots of them.. And tell your hus. to be confident and everything will be okay:)

Teresa777

Oct 13, 2016
Hi everyone, my husband(living in Srilanka) got a call from CIC yesterday telling him to go to an interview in mid-November. Does anyone know if it's a good thing or bad thing if they call for interview? Do they only call you for interview if they suspect fraud? It's scary to think they can deny our application after just one interview...Also thanks to everyone who have posted their experiences. It's been helpful to know there are people in similar circumstances.

Timeline:
Submitted application in Feb 2016
Additional documents requested-Aug 2016
Interview booked-Nov 2016

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Teresa777 said:
Hi everyone, my husband(living in Srilanka) got a call from CIC yesterday telling him to go to an interview in mid-November. Does anyone know if it's a good thing or bad thing if they call for interview? Do they only call you for interview if they suspect fraud? It's scary to think they can deny our application after just one interview...Also thanks to everyone who have posted their experiences. It's been helpful to know there are people in similar circumstances.

Timeline:
Hi if your husband knows everything about you and your family there is nothing scary tell him to be confident when he answers. and also take lots of supporting documents to prove your relationship

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Hi friends need an advice. My medical will be expiring on November 23rd is it advisable for me to send an email to colombo visa office informing it

KiPriyan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-2016
File Transfer...
12-2015
Interview........
11-2016
Passport Req..
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-2016
LANDED..........
20-12-2016
luci1209 said:
Hi friends need an advice. My medical will be expiring on November 23rd is it advisable for me to send an email to colombo visa office informing it
Hey,
I think it's better to wait until they contact you if your application process is within your time frame. T

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Teresa777 said:

Timeline:

They called ur husband over the phone or email ?

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Hello All,
My husband got an email as well for the interview. It will be held in November. On the same day he received the email, they also called him over the phone to confirm the interview date and time. It seems like Colombo Visa office finally started moving :)

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
KiPriyan said:
Hey,
I think it's better to wait until they contact you if your application process is within your time frame. T
I agree. They will contact you when they are ready to do so. No point of contacting them.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Teresa777 said:

Timeline:
Hi Teresa,
From what I've seen here in this forum and from others... if they have any doubts or if we made a mistake on our application they give us a chance to clarify everything during an interview. So whether they decide to give us the visa or deny depend on how well we answer the questions during the interview and how satisfy the officer is with our answers so basically everything depends on the officer. Oh man.. I hope the officer is in good mood on the day of our interview.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Below link might help those who have to attend the interview. These are common questions they ask during an interview.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-interview-questions-t157678.0.html

KiPriyan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-2016
File Transfer...
12-2015
Interview........
11-2016
Passport Req..
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-2016
LANDED..........
20-12-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hello All,
My husband got an email as well for the interview. It will be held in November. On the same day he received the email, they also called him over the phone to confirm the interview date and time. It seems like Colombo Visa office finally started moving :)
Congratulations Lav_Canadian. Your long wait is finally over.

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hello All,
Congrats Lav_Canadian.

KiPriyan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-2016
File Transfer...
12-2015
Interview........
11-2016
Passport Req..
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-2016
LANDED..........
20-12-2016
Teresa777 said:

Timeline:

Did they ask you to bring any documents or passport on your email?