AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
KiPriyan said:
Hey Rainbow21
His medical expired Aug 6th I think. And after that the status changed to not needed at this time from being "passed". Yesterday when logged in after work it stated "in process". Also, yesterday he received request for remedical.
So seems like exactly 2 months after ur medical expiry they asked for remedical... Mmm hopefully you hear good news soon.. Good luck

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
AIIA said:
Hey guys,

haha so it seems like I really need to get my horoscope checked, that is probably the one think I haven't done! My husband's medical expires again this at the end of the month, I am just hoping he'll get PPR before then.

Were you guys all able to link your paper applications to your online account? I tried so many times but couldn't get it to work, tech support told me my app just might not be linked yet :/
AIIA for the number of applicant question did you put 2 instead of 1 (when you try to sign up for the link my application). You have to put 2 not 1.

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
So seems like exactly 2 months after ur medical expiry they asked for remedical... Mmm hopefully you hear good news soon.. Good luck
VO request my wife to do the re-medical 2 days back............... initial medical was expired in June.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
suthatheone said:
VO request my wife to do the re-medical 2 days back............... initial medical was expired in June.
Ohh but u noe wat its still a good sign.. I think now only they started working on files hoepfully by end of this year we all get good news..

samsho39

Jun 13, 2015
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
11/20/2015
Doc's Request.
4/4/2016
AOR Received.
1/19/2016
Med's Done....
9/7/2015
Hi Everybody!

I'm revisiting this forum after a long time because my husband and I decided to live together in Malaysia until my visa arrives however, I just checked the processing time today and it says 16 MONTHS?!! Are the people at the office becoming slower or what? I see a lot of familiar names still here, anybody got their visas recently?

Also I noticed remedical requests are coming in now. Mine also changed from "PASSED" to "Not needed at this time", my medical expired in September. I'm currently back in Colombo to renew my Malaysian visa. Hopefully they won't ask for my remedical as I will be in Malaysia from the 14th-- travelling back and forth and staying in another country in so expensive :(

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
samsho39 said:
Hi Everybody!

I'm revisiting this forum after a long time because my husband and I decided to live together in Malaysia until my visa arrives however, I just checked the processing time today and it says 16 MONTHS?!! Are the people at the office becoming slower or what? I see a lot of familiar names still here, anybody got their visas recently?

Also I noticed remedical requests are coming in now. Mine also changed from "PASSED" to "Not needed at this time", my medical expired in September. I'm currently back in Colombo to renew my Malaysian visa. Hopefully they won't ask for my remedical as I will be in Malaysia from the 14th-- travelling back and forth and staying in another country in so expensive :(
Hey Samsho, I am also thinking about living together with my husband in another country until he gets the visa and I was actually thinking about either singapore or malaysia but singapore is soo expensive and as for malaysia, dont srilankan only get one month visitor visa to stay in malaysia? If u dont mind can u pls tell me if ur husband and u r in malaysia with visitors visa or work permit.

KiPriyan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-2016
File Transfer...
12-2015
Interview........
11-2016
Passport Req..
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-2016
LANDED..........
20-12-2016
If only my work would permit me to move that would be great. It's great you guys could at least stay together in another country.

KiPriyan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-2016
File Transfer...
12-2015
Interview........
11-2016
Passport Req..
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-2016
LANDED..........
20-12-2016
Hey guys
My husband going to do his medical sometime this week. I know the result are sent electronically to cic. But do the hospital give a paper or certificate to the applicant? All my husband has to go to designated MD and do the medical exam. They will send all required info? Is that correct? Or will the give him any document to submit to CIC?

djaya

Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016
AOR Received.
Feb. 2016
File Transfer...
Feb. 2016
Med's Request
Oct. 2016(Re-medical)
Med's Done....
Oct. 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov. 10, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Soon
My hubby's medical was supposed to expire in 2 weeks. However, he got an email today requesting to get another medical exam done in 30 days. I hope this is good news that the application is in progress, and not that it will be more delayed.

djaya

Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016
AOR Received.
Feb. 2016
File Transfer...
Feb. 2016
Med's Request
Oct. 2016(Re-medical)
Med's Done....
Oct. 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov. 10, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Soon
KiPriyan said:
Hey guys
My husband going to do his medical sometime this week. I know the result are sent electronically to cic. But do the hospital give a paper or certificate to the applicant? All my husband has to go to designated MD and do the medical exam. They will send all required info? Is that correct? Or will the give him any document to submit to CIC?
Yes, they will send the results electronically to CIC. The doctor does give a document which indicates that the applicant got their medical completed. This is what we submitted as part of the application as we did it upfront. However, if you have already gone through the process, CIC should be able to link as the form contains UCI. Also, it is better if you can go to a doctor, that is Emedical enabled, as they have a link with CIC'c medical system.

AIIA

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
01-01-2015
Med's Request
21-10-2015 and 08-11-2016
Med's Done....
27-10-2015 and 18-11-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
19-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
Lav_Canadian said:
AIIA for the number of applicant question did you put 2 instead of 1 (when you try to sign up for the link my application). You have to put 2 not 1.

Thank you Lav_Canadian! We were able to link our app by using 2, I put 1 in the original application so didn't make sense to put 2 but glad it worked.

I was also considering living in Sri Lanka until my husband gets his visa but it would be hard to leave my job. But it's an interesting idea to live in another Counry together. Does it effect the application at all to live in another country? My husband has already lived in two other countries and that's only delayed our app

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
AIIA said:
Thank you Lav_Canadian! We were able to link our app by using 2, I put 1 in the original application so didn't make sense to put 2 but glad it worked.

I was also considering living in Sri Lanka until my husband gets his visa but it would be hard to leave my job. But it's an interesting idea to live in another Counry together. Does it effect the application at all to live in another country? My husband has already lived in two other countries and that's only delayed our app
You are welcome AIIA :). I have no idea why we have to put 2 for number of applicants instead of 1 when we are ONLY sponsoring 1 person LOL. Initially, I put 1 as well and it didn't work then I tried 2 and it worked... weird but worked. As for the delay I don't know what to say/think anymore :(... from what I've seen here it seems if the sponsored spouse is a male and if they lived in another country it's taking forever to get the visa. My husband lived in UK and India and I think that's what's causing the delay. Now, I am starting to worry... I know about 2-3 people here who lived in 2 other countries and have not received the visa yet.

If nothing happens by end of this year, I am thinking of staying with my husband until he gets the visa but if we quit our job, immigration can use that against us(they will basically say u r unemployed at the moment so u won't be able to financially support your spouse) and reject the visa. Living in SriLanka will be hard cuz even if I get a job most likely it wont be enough to pay my monthly bills in Canada...oh man.. this is too stressful. I don't know what to do, I am actually so lost with my life at the moment.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
AIIA said:

Also, it will be easier for us(those with Canadian passports) to move to another country since we normally get 6 months visitor visa and can easily obtain work permit(depending on the country) but the hardest part is getting a visitor visa/work permit for our spouses from Sri Lanka. My husband has masters in IT and can easily get a job in another country ( I am guessing) but I am scared if we do that it might screw up our file and delay everything even further. Oh man... I never been this lost in my life.

KiPriyan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-2016
File Transfer...
12-2015
Interview........
11-2016
Passport Req..
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-2016
LANDED..........
20-12-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Also, it will be easier for us(those with Canadian passports) to move to another country since we normally get 6 months visitor visa and can easily obtain work permit(depending on the country) but the hardest part is getting a visitor visa/work permit for our spouses from Sri Lanka. My husband has masters in IT and can easily get a job in another country ( I am guessing) but I am scared if we do that it might screw up our file and delay everything even further. Oh man... I never been this lost in my life.
I feel you. I'm in the same scenario. My husband also did masters in IT. But moving back home or another country will greatly affect our sponsorship application. Never felt this helpless. Plus this long distance been difficult although I've visited him at least twice in between. But don't give up on your hope. You have to be positive. That's the only way for us to get through it.

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Rainbow21 said:
Ohh but u noe wat its still a good sign.. I think now only they started working on files hoepfully by end of this year we all get good news..

hi rainbow21 did u see today IRCC releases news again conditional PR 2 year.. what they doing over16 month?