+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
My husband went to VO recently. They have said, they are reviewing their case and if anything they will call him. You pretty much have to go visit them to find out more info.

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
FrusT said:
Wotz up girls? My Medical expires tomorrow. I visited CMB office to inquire about my file status a week ago. They were like " Your file is still in the Que to be reviewed and we will contact you later" I don't think that they are gonna call me for re-medical very soon. I guess they will take another 4 months to review the file because the way they reply seems ridiculous. I don't think that visiting CMB office just for inquiring is not worth coz they just read the computer screen to tell us that the file is in the flicking Que. It's been 7 months since received AOR and I haven't got any reply from CMB office yet. I m hopeless....

Wotz going on with u Vaali? Any updates from your end? btw, you don't wanna worry about the selection certificate coz it'z only for the applicants from Quebec.

Hi canadian parrot!!! Wot about ur medical? When it expires? You may share you time line with us using the below link..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvUlLTdcRGXCdDY4bUJqcFlWN1RSSldfbGgwSm1Ec0E

Frust,

Have they sent you any requests to re do the medicals, have you followed up?

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Lily_TV said:
Frust,

Have they sent you any requests to re do the medicals, have you followed up?
Hi lily,

I did contact them via email more than 3 times in July, but they replied that they would contact me after reviewing my file. I m really confusing about the way they process each application. I applied last year but colombo office kept on telling me that my file was in the que to be reviewed. They even sent me the same when I emailed them last week too.

Btw, One of my friends had sent his wife's application to Missisagua in the end of may. Her file is now in Colombo office coz she has been asked to submit some missing docx recently. Super speedy process to be honest. He got AOR n file transfer within 45 days. The funny thing is CIC official website is still showing that they process April 30th files, but my friend has already got his wife's file tranfered to Colombo. Not only that but also her file is being processed. I wish I could know where I was wrong n the mystery behind CIC n Colombo office. I didn't believe such rumers earlier, but I have to trust now that CIC treats applicants unfairly. Canadian visa process seems like lottery tickets. I hate it....

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
hey Frust, u're lucky that they reply you! i have emailed so many times, they've never replied to me :(
can you tell me to what email address you send the inquiries and also what else we hav to tell them, i mean File number, and what else do we have to state, when we are inquiring through email?

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
vaali said:
hey Frust, u're lucky that they reply you! i have emailed so many times, they've never replied to me :(
can you tell me to what email address you send the inquiries and also what else we hav to tell them, i mean File number, and what else do we have to state, when we are inquiring through email?
Hi Vaali,

I do contact them using the same regular method wot u have I guess, but hope they ll start response ur mails soon, no worries. Just fill out the online inquiry form and message box.

Here is the link:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=colombo

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
wow! congrats! that was sooo long! but do u think it was because you had to add your baby in the middle of the application?

waiting111

Jun 22, 2011
Thanx Valli.. It might have slowed because of the baby but I never had to add to my wife application since baby's canadian citizenship was processed here in canada.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
oh really! so you have no explanation as to why it took so much longer than their published average processing times?!
scares me :(

waiting111

Jun 22, 2011
I have no idea why they took so long, I went to the MP last week and wife got the visa in a week, they didnt even ask my wife any documents either, its kinda strange but finally she got it without any hassel.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
which party MP did you go to? i went to a liberal MP in Manitoba, he inquired for me, but he got no response. and now i hear in the news he is like this outspoken critic of Immigration minister Kenney, so i dont know how much respect they would give to the inquiry of such a critic of their minister...but maybe coz only six months have gone in my waiting time, its too early to inquire

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
@ waiting111,
i went through all your posts now, nothing seems out of the ordinary. it sucks when we have to be in the dark about why they do things this way. what can we do, we are in such a helpless position, nothing we do could change anything :(

was yours an arranged marriage? did you submit proof of a lot of relationship? did they have to wait until your baby is six months to believe that you both should live together!!!

i hope this immigration system changes someday, so that atleast others will be spared of the tears we go thru :'(

waiting111

Jun 22, 2011
@ valli

I went to a Conservative MP . since yours is still below the prossesing time, you wont get a reply and I hope u wont have to wait that long, and yes it was an arranged marriage and I Did submit enuf evidence but again its up them, but in a way my wife was lucky that she had the baby there bcoz everyone is there in SL