02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
canadian parrot said:
HI
My husband sent them a normal medical.
They didn't ask for the original one yet.
I am really worried about it.
I am here with him in Sri Lanka and I left my studies in Canada.
I am very upset. Since october 2011 I am here because I got married in January 2012.
Hi Canadianparrot,
yes, i dont understand what you mean by normal medical too, anyways they'll call you if they see any missing documents.
also, are you a citizen? if so, you have the option of staying in SL as you're still a citizen of canada, but otherwise, we have the option of only taking just a regular Canadian holiday of 2 weeks or so outside of Canada.
Even if you were Canadian, when they know you are there, they are going to question how you will support him in Canada as its your responsibility as the sponsor, and you said you are a student too (i am a student as well) and it will be hard to prove to them and it might take alot of effort to prove to them with job letters and all... I did the same too, i put my studdies on hold and i stayed with my husband, but only later i got to know that as a PR i couldnt do that, so i came back to Canada.

for more info, look for a user named Gayan on this forum and other forums, he stayed with his wife and you can read his experience.

canadian parrot

Jul 23, 2012
I am part time student and part time worker.
I have sent all my work letters already.
regular medical means the one I sent with the application.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
ok if you have sent the medical with the application, that is all that you need as far as i know.

yes, i think as long as you will be able to prove to the colombo embassy later on (only if they ask) that u'll still have your job when you go back and u can support two ppl, u should b fine. I am assuming u're a canadian citizen as well? If u're PR, then you cant stay in SL, which is why I had to come back, becoz i am PR

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
canadian parrot said:
How much longer it would take?
Do you have any idea?
I sent the documents in september 2011.
When did u receive ur AOR? I assume u may be the 1st one who received AOR among 2012 applicants for the time being. Guess u r gonna hear from Colombo Office very soon. Ur Time approaches Canadaian Parrot... Good luck on ur application..

Sivam

Jul 24, 2012
Dear friends

I am a new waiter from Jaffna :), I had many unanswered questions until i find the Forum :-X,
i read almost all pages, including the excel sheet a great effort by Jafffna, is Rathika missing from the list ? Sorry i am not sure plz dont mistake me.

Thank you friends

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all the new members,

frust, good thing i read your post. My husbands medical expiring tomorrow, i was gonna tell him to go visit the embassy but whats the point now... do you know how long they take to send re-medical request? Thank you :) how are you doing vaali? any updates on ur end?

Sivam

Jul 24, 2012
Dear daisy27,

AOR: Acknowledgement of receipt. A letter from Case processing Center(CPC), that refers to
1. your Application received at that office on dd/mm/yyyy
2. giving you the Clint ID xxxxxxxx

by using above information you can check your file status at online
services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas

Jafffna

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Watreloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 March 2012
AOR Received.
04 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 June 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Hi Canadian parrot & Sivam,

Glad to see new members, If you don't mind, Could you update your timelines in our Excel sheet ?

Thanks

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hi guys hope all u are doing well...still here in srilanka with hubby will be heading home on aug 09..still waiting for the appeal date ...YES JAFFNA WHY U NEVER ADDED ME ON THE LIST :'( :'(...

Sivam

Jul 24, 2012
Jafffna said:
Hi Canadian parrot & Sivam,

Glad to see new members, If you don't mind, Could you update your timelines in our Excel sheet ?

Thanks

Hi Jafffna, I added my time line to the excel Sheet, it seems similar to your time line but any way your are senior by ONE day in the approval of Sponsor :-X .

Thank you Jafffna

Jafffna

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Watreloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 March 2012
AOR Received.
04 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 June 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
rathika2011 said:
hi guys hope all u are doing well...still here in srilanka with hubby will be heading home on aug 09..still waiting for the appeal date ...YES JAFFNA WHY U NEVER ADDED ME ON THE LIST :'( :'(...
Sorry Rathika, I added only few and others filled it out... You got around 2 weeks, hope u ll hear something.. prayers are with you..

now we can see you and Sivam :) .. Parrot is missing :( .. ohh Sivam is competing closely with me ...hahah