Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Any idea how long it takes to receive Medical Request after biometrics? I applied end of June 2023

kam96

Apr 1, 2023
Submitted the application august 26 2022
AOR-20 November
Biometrics done -25 November
Request for the medical exam -31 January
Medicals exam done -9 February
Medicals got updated on PR tracker-11 February
Eligibility update-23 February Eligibility completed-20 March
Invitation for Pre arrival service-21 March Background verification updated to completed -21 March
Ready for visa letter(PPR/RFV) -3rd of April Passport was given to VFS - 6th of April Passport sent from VFS to embassy -7th April Passport received back from embassy to VFS -28th of April Passport Collected on the same day (I had to renew my passport before giving it to VFS as it was going to expire soon so maybe it took some time to receive it back from the embassy )
I know the waiting time is frustrating just be patient
Hope this will help Goodluck all with the application :)

Reactions: LKtoCanadaPR

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
AOR-20 November
Invitation for Pre arrival service-21 March Background verification updated to completed -21 March
Ready for visa letter(PPR/RFV) -3rd of April Passport was given to VFS - 6th of April Passport sent from VFS to embassy -7th April Passport received back from embassy to VFS -28th of April Passport Collected on the same day (I had to renew my passport before giving it to VFS as it was going to expire soon so maybe it took some time to receive it back from the embassy )
Thanks for sharing. This actually matches what I've seen from others. Usually Eligibility completes after a month from medical completion, then pre-arrival comes a day or two after. You were lucky with early background verification completion as it can take 2-3months longer for some ppl.
I'm hoping for Eligibility completion and pre-arrival by end of next week. Then I can get an idea on when PPR will come.

I'm not in a hurry to go there but just want the application to progress and complete so I can plan things accordingly :)

Shihaan Irshad

Dec 30, 2021
AOR-20 November
Did you apply by yourself or with the help of a consultant. My question is on proof of relationship as my spouse is outside of Canada. As I am newly married how should I show address proof? I have created a joint account with my wife and is that sufficient? I wanted to change her NIC address to my home address but as her foreign police certificate has her NIC on it I am thinking otherwise. Is Joint account sufficient to show we are living together or is there anything else required?

Shihaan Irshad

Dec 30, 2021
Thanks for sharing. This actually matches what I've seen from others. Usually Eligibility completes after a month from medical completion, then pre-arrival comes a day or two after. You were lucky with early background verification completion as it can take 2-3months longer for some ppl.
I'm hoping for Eligibility completion and pre-arrival by end of next week. Then I can get an idea on when PPR will come.

I'm not in a hurry to go there but just want the application to progress and be complete so I can plan things accordingly :)
A new IRCC bill has been passed where you can apply for a visitor visitor which will get a result in 30 days if you have spousal AOR and it will be approved as well. As you are nearing completion it may not be required but that is the option which I am planning on choosing.

https://canadianimmigrationexperts.ca/ircc-shortens-processing-time-for-spousal-trvs-to-30-days/#:~:text=IRCC Shortens Processing Time for Spousal TRVs to 30 Days&text=Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada,a remarkable 90% approval rate.

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
A new IRCC bill has been passed where you can apply for a visitor visitor which will get a result in 30 days if you have spousal AOR and it will be approved as well. As you are nearing completion it may not be required but that is the option which I am planning on choosing.

https://canadianimmigrationexperts.ca/ircc-shortens-processing-time-for-spousal-trvs-to-30-days/#:~:text=IRCC Shortens Processing Time for Spousal TRVs to 30 Days&text=Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada,a remarkable 90% approval rate.
Yeah, after sponsor approved in last October I knew I was able to apply for TRV, but didn't since I don't want to leave until May this year anyway. If Eligibility and Background Verification completes soon I can plan to move within May as expected. Otherwise will have to apply for TRV in April.

Reactions: Shihaan Irshad

Shihaan Irshad

Dec 30, 2021
Yeah, after sponsor approved in last October I knew I was able to apply for TRV, but didn't since I don't want to leave until May this year anyway. If Eligibility and Background Verification completes soon I can plan to move within May as expected. Otherwise will have to apply for TRV in April.
Yes, that seems like the plan and if you could offer some guidance on my question which is on proof of relationship as my spouse is outside of Canada. As I am newly married how should I show address proof? I have created a joint account with my wife and is that sufficient? I wanted to change her NIC address to my home address but as her foreign police certificate has her NIC on it I am thinking otherwise. Is Joint account sufficient to show we are living together or is there anything else required?

LKtoCanadaPR

Jan 31, 2024
Yes, that seems like the plan and if you could offer some guidance on my question which is on proof of relationship as my spouse is outside of Canada. As I am newly married how should I show address proof? I have created a joint account with my wife and is that sufficient? I wanted to change her NIC address to my home address but as her foreign police certificate has her NIC on it I am thinking otherwise. Is Joint account sufficient to show we are living together or is there anything else required?
As far as I know, you just have to provide as many evidence as possible. That includes:
Marriage certificate
Join bank account details
Photos you've taken together, and with family members or friends (from first to last - timeline format)
Gifts or money you sent to each-other (online/offline receipts, transactions and emails)
Call and chat history (get screenshots from your phone and include them in a word/pdf file)
Since you're newly married its also better to get couple of signed letters (notarized affidavits) from closest family members or friends stating they know about your marriage and love you have for each other, etc.

Reactions: Shihaan Irshad

Shihaan Irshad

Dec 30, 2021
As far as I know, you just have to provide as many evidence as possible. That includes:
Marriage certificate
Join bank account details
Photos you've taken together, and with family members or friends (from first to last - timeline format)
Gifts or money you sent to each-other (online/offline receipts, transactions and emails)
Call and chat history (get screenshots from your phone and include them in a word/pdf file)
Since you're newly married its also better to get couple of signed letters (notarized affidavits) from closest family members or friends stating they know about your marriage and love you have for each other, etc.
Thank you loads