+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

anusiya

Feb 6, 2015
Hi,
Me and my husband-to-be are in a relationship and he is in Australia and his Refugee Claim there is under process and I am going to Australia in Sep to marry him

Has anyone sponsored a spouse who has a Refugee Status in Process in another country

I have a valid PR in Canada and I am working full time as a Software Engineer so all other box ticked except for the Refugee Claimant In Progress

AvishkaS

Sep 18, 2022
Did anyone receive any correspondence from Colombo VO recently? My husband completed his Medicals on the 5th of April and the Medicals updated to Completed on PR Tracker on the 7th of April. Background check started on the 19th of April on the PR Tracker and nothing after that. Everything else is complete on the PR Tracker, only Background shows as "In Progress".

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Did anyone receive any correspondence from Colombo VO recently? My husband completed his Medicals on the 5th of April and the Medicals updated to Completed on PR Tracker on the 7th of April. Background check started on the 19th of April on the PR Tracker and nothing after that. Everything else is complete on the PR Tracker, only Background shows as "In Progress".
We received Pre-arrival Feb 16, 2023 and also everything else completed except BG in progress since Feb 17,2023. It's been a complete silent since now

RamMin

Jun 25, 2023
Same here, wonder when we will get the PPR :(
Is your file in Colombo or Ottawa? Mine said Colombo in my SA but when I emailed Colombo VO around 3 months back they said it's in Ottawa. I called an ircc agent again like two weeks back and he said its in Ottawa as well.

RamMin

Jun 25, 2023
Hi! do you know any email address of Colombo VO so we can write and ask about an update? When I called IRCC, they said pending from Colombo VO, tracker shows everything completed with COPR number, so I'm just waiting for final decision I think..
Hey, did you get your ppr?

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Application Submitted: 26 June 2023
Applied : Online
Sponsor - PR in Canada

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Is your file in Colombo or Ottawa? Mine said Colombo in my SA but when I emailed Colombo VO around 3 months back they said it's in Ottawa. I called an ircc agent again like two weeks back and he said its in Ottawa as well.
Yeah, transferred from Colombo to Ottawa.

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hello everything since my application is beyond processing time and no movement for 7 months, I contacted the local MP to see if they can push from their end. Prior to that I call the IRCC and they informed me that ' They are unable to give any update since they no longer a have the file in Canada". 2 days later the MP email the IRCC office and this is what they said "
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Kindly note that your application xxxxxx is currently being processed in our office in Ottawa due to the COVD-19 pandemic.

Please rest assured that we will contact you via email or online account if additional documents or information is required.

For processing times, please refer to Check processing times

For application status, please refer to: Check your application status

I am unsure what to understand at this point.