+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
dnyfyn said:
All I understand is that if the application goes through the normal process then its fine.

If they start to look deeper and dig more; then the time takes forever.
Thats my understanding as well. If the case is complicated it makes sense for them to dig deeper such as if the sponsor or sponsored spouse has criminal record, if there is a big age gap, if either was previously married/divorced etc.... From my perspective if the sponsored spouse is a male they are actually taking forever for most cases than vice versa which I really think is unfair. We live in a world where both men and women ( not talking about every single individuals in this planet) are involved in everything from scam to criminal activities so its not fair to assume if the sponsored spouse is a male they are high risks to Canada and takes forever to issue a visa. This is just my opinion only from my own expereince handling with the immigration.

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Saina said:
Congrats faa...finally everyone are moving ahead...m wait listed but it's okay my time will comeHappy for u gas.all the best.happy journey
Thank you so much Saina! I hope you get PPR soon!

Lav_Canadian said:
Wow thats great news!!! Congrats hun!! Welcome to Canada soon :)
Thank you so much Hun your hubby will get PPR soon as they're working on the files now! Stay strong my prayers are there for everyone!!

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Guys please advise me about booking the ticket. I heard something like there's restrictions to which transit you should take and which airlines to take! I don't know how far it's true.. what's the real thing? Please advise me. I want to land in Calgary..

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
Guys please advise me about booking the ticket. I heard something like there's restrictions to which transit you should take and which airlines to take! I don't know how far it's true.. what's the real thing? Please advise me. I want to land in Calgary..
colombo to either via hong kong or japan to calgary shud be fine.btw when did u get the PPR request? Do the office work on sat??

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
colombo to either via hong kong or japan to calgary shud be fine.btw when did u get the PPR request? Do the office work on sat??
Any specific airlines? Or I can choose anything I like? And the port of landing should necessarily be Vancouver or can I land in Calgary itself? By any chance can I get London transit?
No darling I got PPR yesterday (Friday)

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
Any specific airlines? Or I can choose anything I like? And the port of landing should necessarily be Vancouver or can I land in Calgary itself? By any chance can I get London transit?
No darling I got PPR yesterday (Friday)
u got permanent visa to canada so u can choose to fly however u want to as far as I know alot of ppl avoid coming via USA cuz of all the extra hassles. U can come via london too but I am not sure if there is direct flight from london to calgary u might have to stop at either toronto/montreal. U can choose any airlines/route u want only difference will be the fare and travel hours. Just go to the airlines website and put it the details of ur travel and u will be able to see all the lay overs

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Faa1599 said:
***PPR received***
wow congrats.... colombo office started to work again hopee for gud one soon

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
u got permanent visa to canada so u can choose to fly however u want to as far as I know alot of ppl avoid coming via USA cuz of all the extra hassles. U can come via london too but I am not sure if there is direct flight from london to calgary u might have to stop at either toronto/montreal. U can choose any airlines/route u want only difference will be the fare and travel hours. Just to to the airlines website and put it the details of ur travel and u will be able to see all the lay overs
Thanks for the info hun. The thing is I heard something like any srilankan traveling with PR visa for the first time should take specific airlines (heard it like it should be Cathay Pacific) and the transit should be Hong Kong. I don't know whether this is true or not..

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
Thanks for the info hun. The thing is I heard something like any srilankan traveling with PR visa for the first time should take specific airlines (heard it like it should be Cathay Pacific) and the transit should be Hong Kong. I don't know whether this is true or not..
In my opinion which transit you choose does not really matter as you only go through immigration at departure and arrival destination. No matter where your transit is everyone have to go through only security when you are in transit in any country and thats all. If you have all the necessary docs to travel then u have nothing to worry dear.If its your first time flying, I wud only suggest to avoid coming via USA.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
I came to visit my husband in Srilanka in November and when I was coming back to Canada a girl with permanent visa (similiar to ur case) came on the same airline/route as me. I came from colombo to Dubai(srilankan airlines) to Toronto (air Canada) and there was nothing different about mine and her travel.Only difference was that she had to spend more time at arrival filling out all the forms that all new permanent residence fill out. So relax and enjoy your travel ;)

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
I came to visit my husband in Srilanka in November and when I was coming back to Canada a girl with permanent visa (similiar to ur case) came on the same airline/route as me. I came from colombo to Dubai(srilankan airlines) to Toronto (air Canada) and there was nothing different about mine and her travel.Only difference was that she had to spend more time at arrival filling out all the forms that all new permanent residence fill out. So relax and enjoy your travel ;)
Thank you so much lav!! That helped me a lot!!

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
vijay1987 said:
wow congrats.... colombo office started to work again hopee for gud one soon
Thank you so much Vijay! Hope you get PPR soon, and I think MP inquiries helps a lot..

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Friends, have any of you applied for a visitor in transit visa for UK? Some says it's not needed if I have a valid Canadian visa and some say it's needed. What's the process and what are the documents needed? Please help me. (Overnight transit- around 23hrs)