Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
kankan said:
(Federal government reaffirms commitment to bring Yazidi refugees to Canada) oh no look at this insaid so many files waiting but new minister to focus bring refugee guys don't wait any more I am going to meet new minister who gonna come whith me let me know his office in York area we have to inform ather way they put the file until end of the 2017 all the time our mp office told me few file tack long time security ck we submitted police clearance too
Hey do you think its a good idea to sent the new minister a personal message about my concern??

Teresa777

Oct 13, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
hey did they ask for additional docs or for remedical/police clearance after the interview?
Hi Lav,
Yes,after interview they asked him to do medical again. They told him at interview he passed interview and to do medical again.
If it has been more than 1 month since you submitted additional documents after interview. Maybe you can try sending a polite, official letter signed by your husband,mail it and email the same to Colombo office. Saying he has done the interview and provided medical/addidtional documents on xxxxx date,as per their request. To kindy process the application without any further delay....(If this is applicable for you). I sent them a similar letter via email and mail updating them of our contact info. and telling them we would appreciate it if we could be together for Xmas. Its past holidays but i am still happy they gave.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Teresa777 said:
Hi Lav,
Yes,after interview they asked him to do medical again. They told him at interview he passed interview and to do medical again.
If it has been more than 1 month since you submitted additional documents after interview. Maybe you can try sending a polite, official letter signed by your husband,mail it and email the same to Colombo office. Saying he has done the interview and provided medical/addidtional documents on xxxxx date,as per their request. To kindy process the application without any further delay....(If this is applicable for you). I sent them a similar letter via email and mail updating them of our contact info. and telling them we would appreciate it if we could be together for Xmas. Its past holidays but i am still happy they gave.
Thank you for your reply really appreciate it. I sponsored my husband in June 2015 and he had the interview in november and they did tell him he passed the interview. Since his medical and police clearance expired they asked to redo which he did and submitted everything by mid dec. Funny thing is he moved to a different address about 1.5 yrs ago and we updated it via case specific inquiry and he even got his intetview letter to that address. However, end of dec he received a call from the embassy in colombo and they asked him about whether he informed them about his new address and he told them yes i did informed it via case specifc inquiry 1.5yrs ago and the guy on the phone said u have to let us know in writing so he did that the same day and couriered it. Btw, I thought change of address is something that can be done online thats why they have that option available online. I dont know the rules/procedure anymore. Going to be 3 weeks we submitted that and still havent heard back from them.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
kankan said:
(Federal government reaffirms commitment to bring Yazidi refugees to Canada) oh no look at this insaid so many files waiting but new minister to focus bring refugee guys don't wait any more I am going to meet new minister who gonna come whith me let me know his office in York area we have to inform ather way they put the file until end of the 2017 all the time our mp office told me few file tack long time security ck we submitted police clearance too
I am really surprised by your attitude and the way you look into the issues.

Canada has given refuge to many people historically; including Americans, Irish, Chinese, Czech, Chielans, Vietnamese, Koreans, Black slaves, Iraqis, Afghanis, Punjabis and more recently Syrians. NOT TO FORGET so many Sri Lankans.

Becoming a refugee is not a choice and providing safe haven for refugees cannot be held and given after they are dead and it should be done in a timely manner.

Having said that the Government has promised to get the applications processed with an year provided all the documents are properly submitted and meets the requirement; I am pretty confident the government will uphold the timeline since the new immigration minister stated that clearly when I met him few days ago in meeting. If you write to the minister about your concerns of bringing refugees go ahead and do it and make a fool out of yourself. Please don't say you are a Sri Lankan and make us look bad. End of the day remember that most Sri Lankan were refugees at one point too.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Thank you for your reply really appreciate it. I sponsored my husband in June 2015 and he had the interview in november and they did tell him he passed the interview. Since his medical and police clearance expired they asked to redo which he did and submitted everything by mid dec. Funny thing is he moved to a different address about 1.5 yrs ago and we updated it via case specific inquiry and he even got his intetview letter to that address. However, end of dec he received a call from the embassy in colombo and they asked him about whether he informed them about his new address and he told them yes i did informed it via case specifc inquiry 1.5yrs ago and the guy on the phone said u have to let us know in writing so he did that the same day and couriered it. Btw, I thought change of address is something that can be done online thats why they have that option available online. I dont know the rules/procedure anymore. Going to be 3 weeks we submitted that and still havent heard back from them.
Hi Lav_Canadian,

I pretty confident that you should get a call soon. I know its very hard to wait for long time; given the fact that you have been waiting for more than an year. You will be hearing the good news soon.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
dnyfyn said:
Hi Lav_Canadian,

I pretty confident that you should get a call soon. I know its very hard to wait for long time; given the fact that you have been waiting for more than an year. You will be hearing the good news soon.
Thank you for the positive feedback. I hope to hear something good soon too. Waiting over 20 months already...

Teresa777

Oct 13, 2016
Hi Lav,
Sounds like a typical office losing documents. But since your husband passed the interview and you gave the documents, I don't think it will be long before he gets the positive phone call:) Good luck!

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Hi all

Congrats to all who got PPR and visa. I was tiedup at work these days and didnt get a chance to visit the forum. I got visa today. Feeling so happy

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
luci1209 said:
Hi all

Congrats to all who got PPR and visa. I was so tiredup these days at work and didnt get a chance to visit online. I got visa today. Feeling so happy
Congrats Luci! ❤ You got PPR today? Or the visa sealed? Happy for you

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
luci1209 said:
Thanks Faa1599 I got visa sealed
Wow that's great! Have a Safe journey!! Btw, when did you get PPR?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
luci1209 said:
Hi all

Congrats to all who got PPR and visa. I was tiedup at work these days and didnt get a chance to visit the forum. I got visa today. Feeling so happy
wow congrats.... you made ittt :D

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016