+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey this forum is not active at all.. I guess everyone is fed up and plus I think vijay is enjoying his time with his wife... Have u taken any other step or just waiting
I just called the MP's office and talked to the same person who inquired about my case in July. She said she will call the immigration today and do a follow up.

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi rainbow i sent an email and ordered gcms nothing has changed since may. Seem like they havent touched the file since may. Do u know if anyone from canada went to srilanka and met the canadian officer in person? I want to go there and meet them in person but i dont know if i can actually meet them?
Hi Lav,
I went to the Colombo visa office with wife in June 2016 and security guard didn't even let me in. i was told that i can't meet the visa officer without appointment.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi rainbow i sent an email and ordered gcms nothing has changed since may. Seem like they havent touched the file since may. Do u know if anyone from canada went to srilanka and met the canadian officer in person? I want to go there and meet them in person but i dont know if i can actually meet them?
Hi lav I dont think u can meet the officers that r in vo colombo cuz there will be security and wont let u in.. Lolll unless we all protest in front of the. Vo office hahahaha I am just so done with everything like y Nothin is happening with our files

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
suthatheone said:
Hi Lav,
I went to the Colombo visa office with wife in June 2016 and security guard didn't even let me in. i was told that i can't meet the visa officer without appointment.
Thanks for the info Sutha. Is there any way for us to make an appointment with them or its impossible. So one of my friend brother's friend had the same issue. Was taking so long for his wife to get the visa. He tried calling the srilankan visa office and they were either kept on hanging up the phone on him or wudn't answer. Somehow he got the name of the visa officier working on his wife's file and he flew to srilanka and met with the officer and when he came back to canada his wife came with him :( :eek: however this happened about 2-3 yrs ago. Alot have changed now. It's sad that they wont even let us in :-\

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
So guys mps office called me back yesterday and the immigration told them the same crap. My Husband is in the queue for an interview and advised us to wait another 6 months and if nothing happens after 6 months to call them back to follow up and they will follow up with the Colombo visa office. Why cant they frigging do that now that 15 months is already over for us? 8) ??? FYI, my husband has been in the queue for an interview for 7 months already and they are telling me to wait another 6 months cuz they dont know how many ppl are waiting in the queue. How can they not know any info about their system/queue. Okay I am done venting :mad:

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
So guys mps office called me back yesterday and the immigration told them the same crap. My Husband is in the queue for an interview and advised us to wait another 6 months and if nothing happens after 6 months to call them back to follow up and they will follow up with the Colombo visa office. Why cant they frigging do that now that 15 months is already over for us? 8) ??? FYI, my husband has been in the queue for an interview for 7 months already and they are telling me to wait another 6 months cuz they dont know how many ppl are waiting in the queue. How can they not know any info about their system/queue. Okay I am done venting :mad:
I dont knw wht to say !!! Passed 15th months ? I have left 36 days to reach 15 th months but i have no hope!

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Praba said:
I dont knw wht to say !!! Passed 15th months ? I have left 36 days to reach 15 th months but i have no hope!
Yes Praba. 15 months passed and no update on ecas since Jan and still waiting to hear about the interview date and time and I heard they dont give a date soon too. It can take anywhere from 2-3 months

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hey Guys,

While putting my spousal sponsorship story a side. Another friend of mine got a request for medicals from the Colombo VO. Does this mean everything is finalized?

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Kankan, Where did your wife hear/see this? Was this news on any of the Sri Lankan medias? I think I am going to write a letter to the immigration minister and all the media here. We need to expose this news to everyone here. People like us wait for soo long with the fear of being rejected and these people get money and issue visa to the wrong people.
hi my wife told me Colombo news paper thinakural everyone know that happen. pls look at ndvo how fast even they call all of the 2015 file interview but Colombo vo still sleeping tho very old age officer I think so I hope change the officer

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
ajarupan said:
#bullshits# :mad:

please they don't know feel every new married couples Europe countries never do like this how can they process with in 3 month and they don't need the police clearance but Canada we submit all document but they cant finish 20 month security process because officer not talent for this job

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
kankan said:
hi my wife told me Colombo news paper thinakural everyone know that happen. pls look at ndvo how fast even they call all of the 2015 file interview but Colombo vo still sleeping tho very old age officer I think so I hope change the officer
Hi kankan ru able to sent the link of the news that your wife read please share it if you do then atleast we can take step and show it to someone in power and do something about it. Cuz what they r doing is not right we all r waiting for visa but nothin happening so we really shd take some steps

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
kankan said:
please they don't know feel every new married couples Europe countries never do like this how can they process with in 3 month and they don't need the police clearance but Canada we submit all document but they cant finish 20 month security process because officer not talent for this job
I am angry because Srilanka Immigration wasting our life. At the end we all going to die. What's the point of holding our file too long. Bad people end up getting visa very fast. So many of those people end up in separation.

Vaish00

Star Member
Sep 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ONtario/Srilanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2015
Doc's Request.
10/2015, 02/2016,
AOR Received.
08/2015
File Transfer...
09/2015
Med's Request
11/2016
Interview........
Not applicable this time
Passport Req..
17 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
20th January 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
Why Srilankan Canadian embassy is procrastinating spouse visa???

Our medical is expired, 15Months expired, Applied on July 2015 !!! No interview

What's the hidden Objects in this matter??? Are they ignoring Tamil applicants?? Is there any other issues???

Couples are so depressed & don't no what to do situation!!!! So bloody depressing

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Vaish00 said:
Why Srilankan Canadian embassy is procrastinating spouse visa???

Our medical is expired, 15Months expired, Applied on July 2015 !!! No interview

What's the hidden Objects in this matter??? Are they ignoring Tamil applicants?? Is there any other issues???

Couples are so depressed & don't no what to do situation!!!! So bloody depressing
Hi Vaish, we applied in June 2015, 15 months passed and waiting to get a date for the interview since March and they keep telling us to wait until we hear from them.