+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

thara@

Sep 9, 2016
Hi
I recently got an email from Colombo visa office to submit copies of alterations pages of the passport, notice of assessment and employment letter. Does anyone know how and where to submit it? I asked them ,they told me to scan the documents and send them via email. anyone here submitted them in email?

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
thara@ said:
Hi
I recently got an email from Colombo visa office to submit copies of alterations pages of the passport, notice of assessment and employment letter. Does anyone know how and where to submit it? I asked them ,they told me to scan the documents and send them via email. anyone here submitted them in email?
So similar situation but they sent the email to my husband in srilanka asking for more documents from me and copy of his id card and he went in person to colombo vo and handed in. But ru the sponosor? So same like that u can ask ur wife/husband to submit its the safe way to do it

Shan4dev

Apr 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
thara@ said:
Hi
Hi thara@,

My wife received the exact same request via letter mail just 2 weeks earlier, she submitted them through registered post from Jaffna to Colombo (kollupittiya). The exact address would be given on the letter/email request. Dont worry, your husband will have 30 days to submit these docs from the date they sent the request. By the way, a lot of folks on this forum who started their sponsorship applications in Nov-Dec, also received similar requests in July-Aug. This to me means that their applications are nearing completion and are being finalized to get visa. So congrats to you and your hubby, he can expect PPR soon. When did CIC receive your application? Ours was received by CIC in April 29, and we got this request in mid August.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
I really wish its nearing the process end to issue visa. sometimes i feel the VO is buying time through this way.

Niya varathan

Aug 13, 2016
Hi may I know that when did you apply ? My husband applied on December they approved it on feb and forwarded it to Colombo on March 3.but I did not receive any correspondence and email.. and I stay in India. I applied from India .but they my application to Sri Lanka .why did they do like that? I'm scare of my application. . My application status shows as in process .. 7 months completed but I did not have any information from Colombo vote office ..

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Niya varathan said:
Hi may I know that when did you apply ? My husband applied on December they approved it on feb and forwarded it to Colombo on March 3.but I did not receive any correspondence and email.. and I stay in India. I applied from India .but they my application to Sri Lanka .why did they do like that? I'm scare of my application. . My application status shows as in process .. 7 months completed but I did not have any information from Colombo vote office ..
Hi

I even applied on december 2015 and during march i was asked to submit the updated schedule A after that no updates from Colombo VO

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
luci1209 said:
Hi

I even applied on december 2015 and during march i was asked to submit the updated schedule A after that no updates from Colombo VO

hi luci how r u? if u think combo visa office working for us I don't think so because my wife see the srilanka news p srilankan cid found the 200 srilankan passport with Canadian original visa how come they can put the original visa with out inside support ?

thara@

Sep 9, 2016
Rainbow21 : yes, i am the sponsor and my husband is the one who got the email anyway thanks.

Shan4dev : okay thanks and cic received my 1st of February.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
kankan said:
hi luci how r u? if u think combo visa office working for us I don't think so because my wife see the srilanka news p srilankan cid found the 200 srilankan passport with Canadian original visa how come they can put the original visa with out inside support ?
Hi Kankan, Where did your wife hear/see this? Was this news on any of the Sri Lankan medias? I think I am going to write a letter to the immigration minister and all the media here. We need to expose this news to everyone here. People like us wait for soo long with the fear of being rejected and these people get money and issue visa to the wrong people.

thara@

Sep 9, 2016
Do i have to submit the original documents or is it okay if i submit the photocopy? the notice of assessment and employment letter?

Shan4dev

Apr 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
thara@ said:
Do i have to submit the original documents or is it okay if i submit the photocopy? the notice of assessment and employment letter?
Copies of it are okay, as long as its legible.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Vijay hasn't been here for a while.. I wonder if he got the PPR request. Anyone else got a PPR request. I hope the officer who is currently working in Colombo quit or fired I don't think she/he is doing a good job LOL

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Where is everyone? Why are you all quiet? :(
Hey this forum is not active at all.. I guess everyone is fed up and plus I think vijay is enjoying his time with his wife... Have u taken any other step or just waiting

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Hi rainbow i sent an email and ordered gcms nothing has changed since may. Seem like they havent touched the file since may. Do u know if anyone from canada went to srilanka and met the canadian officer in person? I want to go there and meet them in person but i dont know if i can actually meet them?