+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Rainbow21 said:
FYI: CIC seems to have fixed a technical bug on their ECAS system today that triggers a Decision Made status on the sponsorship parts for many Family class applications. Guys so I got this from fb page.. so again that didnt mean anything and back to dissapoitment for all of us :mad:
Oh no. can you send me the fb link please

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
luci1209 said:
Oh no. can you send me the fb link please
The fb page is called canada spousal sponsorship petitioners and you have to request and they must accept you to join the page..

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
CIC playing with us :( :( I'm just gonna stay away from everything and just wait until the PPR e-mail Ecas is just BS
We just have to be patience and wait for the day for the request to PPR to come. They will request it when they are ready to do though so no point of stressing out.
We all come here to vent anyway :)

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
We just have to be patience and wait for the day for the request to PPR to come. They will request it when they are ready to do though so no point of stressing out.
We all come here to vent anyway :)
Yeah we have to wait patiently .. I called mp office today and there is an update they r working on securtity check right now and after that is review + the lady was tolf that my hubbyz medical expires sept 14 and they told us to wait until we hear from them asking us to do remedial. And our normal processing time hasnt been passed so the mp said cant push them and we have to wait.. They will do an inquiry every 3 weeks and would let me. She also told me depending on our case they might be just willing to exrend our medical and so there is chance he doesnt have to do it again.. I am just going to wait for that special day to come..

skmayu

May 25, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
What is your timeline.. can u share and did u check ur link application what does it say..
Submitted application on sept 17.
AOR - early Dec
File transfer - mid Jan
Jun14 - requested to submit Q8 and Q12 in schedule A and new police clearance
Jun30 - my 2015 T4, notice of assessment and employment letter
August 19 - remidical request (3 days after expired)
Nothing since then.

Like others my ecas says DM and in-progress
Myservice says in-progress for eligibility and rest is not-started

thara@

Sep 9, 2016
hi!
i am new here.
i have a question . i live in canada ( sponsor ) and is it okay if i visit my husband in sri lanka when my file is under processing ?

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
luci1209 said:

omg they change processing time again 15 month today I told you guys they playing with us one day we have to tack out this government wait until next election srilanka every month incrising but india before 26 month now 19 month maybe we have to change the officer ther working only 3 Canadian and all srilankans how they can control Canadian people life this is not anywhere in the world I mean any embassy only Canada hair same county people for file process

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
thara@ said:
hi!
i am new here.
i have a question . i live in canada ( sponsor ) and is it okay if i visit my husband in sri lanka when my file is under processing ?

when did u apply ?

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Are you frigging kidding me? Why don't they just leave the processing time to 17 months instead of playing around with it and confusing the hell out of us. When processing time for Sri Lanka used to be 24 months most people used to get the visa as little as 7-8 months but now that its 14 months most people like us are still waiting even after the processing time is passed AHHHHHHHHHHHH??? I wouldn't be surprised if they change it to 17 or 24 months soon.

u know before government not 24 month they just 9 month I know 100% t

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
thara@ said:
hi!
i am new here.
It should not be a problem as long as you go for short period of time. I went to Sri Lanka twice and going there again soon.

thara@

Sep 9, 2016
kankan :
they received my application feb 1st, started processing it in march 8th and transferred to colombo visa office march 17th.

lav_canadian:
How long have you stayed there?