+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vathan said:
Sponcership application status saying decision made.
Permanent residence application status in processing.
What is this mean?
Sponcership application status saying decision made.
It means the person(either your wife/husband) is eligible to sponsor you.

Permanent residence application status in processing.
It means they are still working on your application.....

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Saina said:
For me too decision made...faa luci kankan lav Vijay praba what about u guys
Decision was made regarding my sponsorship 2-3 months after I applied which basically means I passed the eligibility to sponsor my husband. That really means nothing cuz almost everyone who sponsor are eligible to sponsor and DECISION IS MADE really fast.

We all want DECISION MADE to show under our permanent residence column ???

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
Hi Rainbow, it seems like most of the applicants have got this update today, I could read in the forum that most of the NDVO and LVO have got the same update today, So I'm confused whether it means PPR is close by or its just a common update by cic confused to the maxxx!!! :(
Hello Faa,
Its only a standard update. Actually DECISION MADE should have been there from the time sponsor received the eligibility approval letter but CIC just update that section whenever they feel like it (I guess) so yesterday they decided to change the status from in progress to DECISION MADE. I heard that some people sponsor status is STILL IN PROGRESS even after they arrive in Canada so you do the math.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Hello Faa,
Its only a standard update. Actually DECISION MADE should have been there from the time sponsor received the eligibility approval letter but CIC just update that section whenever they feel like it (I guess) so yesterday they decided to change the status from in progress to DECISION MADE. I heard that some people sponsor status is STILL IN PROGRESS even after they arrive in Canada so you do the math.
yes lav,
you are right i thought all got decision made on today and i was happy that colombo vo is started working.... :D But as usual that decision is for sponsor which usually get within 30 days ...

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Saina said:
Again processing time changed into 15months
wattttt!!!!! really???

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Saina said:
Are you frigging kidding me? Why don't they just leave the processing time to 17 months instead of playing around with it and confusing the hell out of us. When processing time for Sri Lanka used to be 24 months most people used to get the visa as little as 7-8 months but now that its 14 months most people like us are still waiting even after the processing time is passed AHHHHHHHHHHHH??? I wouldn't be surprised if they change it to 17 or 24 months soon.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Are you frigging kidding me? Why don't they just leave the processing time to 17 months instead of playing around with it and confusing the hell out of us. When processing time for Sri Lanka used to be 24 months most people used to get the visa as little as 7-8 months but now that its 14 months most people like us are still waiting even after the processing time is passed AHHHHHHHHHHHH??? I wouldn't be surprised if they change it to 17 or 24 months soon.

Omgggg this vo is getting on my nerves.. they r such waste.. well they are just gonna keep our file till next year and do nothing.. my hus. Medical expiring on sept 9 there is no way we getting ppr and I dont noe how long we will have to wait for remedical request they r so slow and dont care abt our feedings... and there was no point in going to the mp cuz they never got back to me.. everything sucks :mad:

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Omgggg this vo is getting on my nerves.. they r such waste.. well they are just gonna keep our file till next year and do nothing.. my hus. Medical expiring on sept 9 there is no way we getting ppr and I dont noe how long we will have to wait for remedical request they r so slow and dont care abt our feedings... and there was no point in going to the mp cuz they never got back to me.. everything sucks :mad:
Such a BS immigration policy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Saina said:
Seriously?? :mad: :mad: :mad: what's happening????????????

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
dnyfyn said:
Hi guys,

Same with me.

Both was in process as of yesterday.

But today the SPONSORSHIP is DECISION MADE and PR is IN PROCESS. Does this have a meaning?
I also had the same update

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
CIC playing with us :( :( I'm just gonna stay away from everything and just wait until the PPR e-mail Ecas is just BS

skmayu

May 25, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
I submitted my application on sept 17th.. medical expired 2 weeks ago and remedial request came 3 days after expired.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
skmayu said:
I submitted my application on sept 17th.. medical expired 2 weeks ago and remedial request came 3 days after expired.
What is your timeline.. can u share and did u check ur link application what does it say..

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
FYI: CIC seems to have fixed a technical bug on their ECAS system today that triggers a Decision Made status on the sponsorship parts for many Family class applications. Guys so I got this from fb page.. so again that didnt mean anything and back to dissapoitment for all of us :mad: