Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Rainbow and Vijay have been MIA. Where are you guys? Any good news?
Hey how ru?? I am jyst so fed up with this so much stress.. I just wanted to get a relief from this and went on a 4 day trip to new york and tried not coming to forum.. I was back last night and got back on and very sad to hear no one heard anything esp. Lav urs passed 14 months so like they cant do this... I called my lawyer and she is saying they r keeping the file till the last and the process is slow and advised me to go see the mp but even then from reading here I think mps r also helpless its all upto the vo office in colombo and we r all very unlucky :mad: we just have to keep praying and hope for the best..

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey how ru?? I am jyst so fed up with this so much stress.. I just wanted to get a relief from this and went on a 4 day trip to new york and tried not coming to forum.. I was back last night and got back on and very sad to hear no one heard anything esp. Lav urs passed 14 months so like they cant do this... I called my lawyer and she is saying they r keeping the file till the last and the process is slow and advised me to go see the mp but even then from reading here I think mps r also helpless its all upto the vo office in colombo and we r all very unlucky :mad: we just have to keep praying and hope for the best..
Hope you had fun in New York. I totally understand your feelings. My opinion is that emailing the visa office or contacting MP is just a waste of time, everything really depend on our luck. It's really sad that some spouses are reunited with their partners in Canada within 4-6 months whereas people like have to wait for so long without exactly knowing what's going on. What can I say, life is not fair!

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Congrats Rathika

Probably you ran it through already. Can you give your timeline please

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
So guys I am seeing something odd today and have no clue what it means. So I logged into our link application account and under CORRESPONDANCE last "date read" is August 31st (look below). I wonder if that means someone actually looked at our file yesterday? Well we didn't get any email from them and I am really curious to know what it means...

Date read
August 31, 2016 09:25:52 a.m. EDT

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Hi i was just checking my link account and under my correspondance it says data not available.. So maybe ur rite someone did check ur file .. So I went to the mp today and they asked me to scan consent form and sent it to him to sign.. then only they will call and find out more info. Did the same procedure happen to you even they need a copy of his passport.. Also the lady asked if he did medical when requested or if we did before hand.. I told her we did it before requesting it and she said thats not right.. Cuz they have certain procedures that they follow... Did anyone else been told the same...

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hi i was just checking my link account and under my correspondance it says data not available.. So maybe ur rite someone did check ur file .. So I went to the mp today and they asked me to scan consent form and sent it to him to sign.. then only they will call and find out more info. Did the same procedure happen to you even they need a copy of his passport.. Also the lady asked if he did medical when requested or if we did before hand.. I told her we did it before requesting it and she said thats not right.. Cuz they have certain procedures that they follow... Did anyone else been told the same...
LOL she is wrong about the medical... the procedure right now for spousal sponsor is that we do the medical beforehand and submit with our documents at the beginning.... Yes, you do have to provide them with your consent for them to inquire on your behalf. I did not have to give any of my husband's documents except for our file number and my driver license for them to check my address. .

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
So guys I am seeing something odd today and have no clue what it means. So I logged into our link application account and under CORRESPONDANCE last "date read" is August 31st (look below). I wonder if that means someone actually looked at our file yesterday? Well we didn't get any email from them and I am really curious to know what it means...

Date read
August 31, 2016 09:25:52 a.m. EDT
Hi Lav,

Sorry i didnt come to forum for few days and also i dont want to get irrirated by seeing nobody getting update from cic...i hav told guys tat my wife is here....and finally you got some update from cic ..you will recieve through email or by letter...

What did u filled when you submit your application i means to contact you by email or letter or by both? i marked as both so i usually get by both...

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Just came back from the mp office handed in the consent form and inquiry form.. She said once they contact vo they will give me a call and let me know whats goin on but proally have to wait till wed. I just have a feeling something wrong with our application and maybe we will never get it :mad:..

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Rainbow21 said:
Just came back from the mp office handed in the consent form and inquiry form.. She said once they contact vo they will give me a call and let me know whats goin on but proally have to wait till wed. I just have a feeling something wrong with our application and maybe we will never get it :mad:..
Think positive rainbow! Stay strong!! You will get your visa soon!! *Hugs!!

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Faa1599 said:
Think positive rainbow! Stay strong!! You will get your visa soon!! *Hugs!!
Thanks for ur kind words faa... I try to be so positive but sometimes its just so hard.. No choice than waiting I guess..

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Rainbow21 said:
Thanks for ur kind words faa... I try to be so positive but sometimes its just so hard.. No choice than waiting I guess..
same with me, I try to console myself, but sometimes nothing works.. still, we just have to wait till God's perfect time..

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Faa1599 said:
same with me, I try to console myself, but sometimes nothing works.. still, we just have to wait till God's perfect time..

don't worry guys everyone going to get visa this year 100% so stay strong :)

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Rainbow and Vijay have been MIA. Where are you guys? Any good news?
Hi Lav_canadian, any updates? Can u still able to
Check ur status? Bcz somebody said if 14 month passed we cant able to check our status online.
I have 25 days to reach 14th month but still no response from them