10-03-2016
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Faa1599 said:
hi shan4dev, same with us, we attached those docs too with the application, but they requested it again.. they requested me in july and I submitted them within a week, and since then we didn't hear anything from the VO.. so, that may be normal, requesting for already submitted docs..
Oh okay. I really hope we all get the PPR soon.

KiPriyan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2015
Doc's Request.
02-2016
File Transfer...
12-2015
Interview........
11-2016
Passport Req..
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-2016
LANDED..........
20-12-2016
Hey guys
Is it me or did cic change the processing time to 14 months now? I checked the cic website. For applying from I put sri lanka and it stated 14 months now. It was last updated Aug 22nd. Am I seeing this right?

Shan4dev

Apr 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi all,

For those who got PPR, to which address did you have to hand in your passport? Is it to the VFS Lanka (Private) Limited at 4-1/1, 1st Floor, Geethanjali Place, Colombo 3 or did you have to bring it to High Commission of Canada at 33AFifth Lane, Kollupittiya, Colombo 3? I'm getting conflicting information.

Thanks.

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
KiPriyan said:
Hey guys
Is it me or did cic change the processing time to 14 months now? I checked the cic website. For applying from I put sri lanka and it stated 14 months now. It was last updated Aug 22nd. Am I seeing this right?
Yes, the processing time is 14 months for Sri Lanka!

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Shan4dev said:
Hi all,

For those who got PPR, to which address did you have to hand in your passport? Is it to the VFS Lanka (Private) Limited at 4-1/1, 1st Floor, Geethanjali Place, Colombo 3 or did you have to bring it to High Commission of Canada at 33AFifth Lane, Kollupittiya, Colombo 3? I'm getting conflicting information.

Thanks.
did you get the mail from immigration? so u can see your there address

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
So guys I've sent an email to the Colombo visa office last week. I think if I send one more email for an update, I am afraid they might get pissed off and delay our file further. Apparently, he has been in their queue for interview for about 6 months now. Here is the reply from the visa office:

Please note that as per our previous email the file is in queue for an interview, you will be notified of the date and time accordingly.

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
So guys I've sent an email to the Colombo visa office last week. I think if I send one more email for an update, I am afraid they might get pissed off and delay our file further. Apparently, he has been in their queue for interview for about 6 months now. Here is the reply from the visa office:

Please note that as per our previous email the file is in queue for an interview, you will be notified of the date and time accordingly.
guys seriously what we gonna do now?? :( there are so many here with no any updates! what's happening to Colombo VO? :(

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Guys I just checked, in the New Delhi thread there are some updates of PPR, someone has got PPR in 4 months too. I wish Colombo VO also will start showing some movement very soon.. :(

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Hi i sent an email to colombo visa office two weeks back requesting an update of the status and i got an email from them last week . Please see the reply colombo visa office sent me

Dear Madam,

This is in response to your request for an update of the status of your/your spouse’s application.

For information on global processing times, please visit our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp. That site is updated regularly because while processing times for cases completed in the past are a guide to how long it may take to process cases in the future, they are not a guarantee.
Check application processing times
www.cic.gc.ca
Processing times will vary based on: Type of application submitted; Volume of applications received; How easily we can verify information; How well and how quickly ...

Resources used to respond to status update enquiries take away time that could be better used to process applications. Please refrain from sending correspondence unless there is information on your spouse’s file that needs to be updated or if the processing time shown on the web site has been exceeded. Unless that time has been exceeded, we will not respond to future requests for the case status.

We trust that this will assist.

Thank You
Immigration Section
TMD

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
luci1209 said:
Hi i sent an email to colombo visa office two weeks back requesting an update of the status and i got an email from them last week . Please see the reply colombo visa office sent me

Dear Madam,

This is in response to your request for an update of the status of your/your spouse’s application.

For information on global processing times, please visit our website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp. That site is updated regularly because while processing times for cases completed in the past are a guide to how long it may take to process cases in the future, they are not a guarantee.
Check application processing times
www.cic.gc.ca
Processing times will vary based on: Type of application submitted; Volume of applications received; How easily we can verify information; How well and how quickly ...

Resources used to respond to status update enquiries take away time that could be better used to process applications. Please refrain from sending correspondence unless there is information on your spouse’s file that needs to be updated or if the processing time shown on the web site has been exceeded. Unless that time has been exceeded, we will not respond to future requests for the case status.

We trust that this will assist.

Thank You
Immigration Section
TMD
Hi Luci,
Has it been 14 months since you've sponsored your spouse? At least they are replying something back to some of us although it doesn't really help.

@Leo

Aug 30, 2016
Hi.... :)

nice to see you all, @ Lav_Canadian & luci1209 , share the email address of which you send to request for an update!

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
@Leo said:

nice to see you all, @ Lav_Canadian & luci1209 , share the email address of which you send to request for an update!
Hello Leo,
I've submitted my inquiry via case specific enquiry. Refer to the link below:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
@Leo said:

Hi the email address is as follow

colombo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
luci1209 said:
hi Lav_Canadian

my timeline is around 9 months from the time the application was received by cic
Oh okay Luci, at least you still have few more months to hear from them (processing time for Sri Lanka is 14 months). For us, 14 months has already passed and we haven't heard back from them. I guess its easier for women to get a visa than men. Most women get their visa within 4-6 months based online timeline I've seen here. It's a very different story for men.