+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
rathika2011 said:
hey gango girl im here but i been really sick 4 few days now...how are u girl? sry 4 late wishes suba aluth awuruddak wewa...hope everything is good with u.
hi rathi
oyathath ehema wewa......
oh my goodness.... i just finished sme documents
my communication details & skype details & some more documents to prove i'm using my husband's name
just sent them thnk God...

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
nishar said:
Don't worry . Hope u'll get it soon ... I just finished my 3 months .. I really don;t know how am i going to manage another 7 0r 10 months ? gaaahhhhh Why do others keep asking me , When will u go there ? :( I'm really frustrated :'(
hi nishar
u r waiting & frustated only for few months
but 4 me its soooo frustrated for more than 2 1/2 yrs.
people r asking "when u'll go to canada?
why cant ur husband take u to canada?
may be he is playing with ur life"
can kill them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
gango girl said:
hi nishar
u r waiting & frustated only for few months
but 4 me its soooo frustrated for more than 2 1/2 yrs.
people r asking "when u'll go to canada?
why cant ur husband take u to canada?
may be he is playing with ur life"
can kill them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup Gango Gal, I can understand it .... Actually VO - SL only playing with our lives... Pray , hope & don;t worry ...

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
Hi everybody....

I sent some mo documents yesterday to show that i was using my husband's last name after i married him. and also fb posts, skype detail sheets and some more documents too.
but i'm in another mind now dear friends.
do u think though the receptionist told me to send a letter & the documents needed through fax, is she responsible for it? (I resent the documents through the registered post too)
otherwise it'll be sooo late for me to appeal
they've sent me an email saying that the faxed letter & the documents were forwarded to the immigration section.
what do u'll think?

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Hi ...
Can i apply for a visitors visa? If my visitors visa application is refused , will it be a pbm for my sponsorship ?

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
gango girl said:
Hi everybody....

I sent some mo documents yesterday to show that i was using my husband's last name after i married him. and also fb posts, skype detail sheets and some more documents too.
but i'm in another mind now dear friends.
do u think though the receptionist told me to send a letter & the documents needed through fax, is she responsible for it? (I resent the documents through the registered post too)
otherwise it'll be sooo late for me to appeal
they've sent me an email saying that the faxed letter & the documents were forwarded to the immigration section.
what do u'll think?
Actually i don;t have enough knowledge about this .. :eek:

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
nishar said:
Hi ...
Can i apply for a visitors visa? If my visitors visa application is refused , will it be a pbm for my sponsorship ?
u can apply for a visit visa. but make sure that u have enough valuable things to show that ur ability to come back. and i've heard sometimes they'll suspect that you wont come back as ur spouse is there. but it wont be a problem for ur spousal visa.

nishar

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
gango girl said:
u can apply for a visit visa. but make sure that u have enough valuable things to show that ur ability to come back. and i've heard sometimes they'll suspect that you wont come back as ur spouse is there. but it wont be a problem for ur spousal visa.
Tx Gango gal..

Sweet3 , Don;t loose ur hopes ..The god of hope will do a miracle in our lives ..

CIC working on application received on MArch 20, 2013 . If VO-Sri Lanka provides this type of information , it will be useful to us ... :-[

Sweet3

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
COL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nishar said:
Tx Gango gal..

Sweet3 , Don;t loose ur hopes ..The god of hope will do a miracle in our lives ..

CIC working on application received on MArch 20, 2013 . If VO-Sri Lanka provides this type of information , it will be useful to us ... :-[

So true.. they should at least tell us which applications they are viewing!

Sweet3

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
COL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DOUBLET said:
Sweet have you heard anything from them? Have you emailed them recently?
No doublet, jst waiting and waiting. It been 7 months and we didnt hear anything! We are kind of scared because emwe only did a sinple registration :S

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Sweet3 said:
No doublet, jst waiting and waiting. It been 7 months and we didnt hear anything! We are kind of scared because emwe only did a sinple registration :S
Hi sweet3, don't worry. I think many people just do a simple registration. You are still withing the timeline. Going off of eveyone on this thread, it seems like it is taking aprox 8 months from the application date to get the visa. I think you should be hearing something soon. Atleast you know they looked at your app because they requested for additional documents/proof from your side. I haven't heard anything at all. Have u emailed them recently?

Sweet3

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
COL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DOUBLET said:
Hi sweet3, don't worry. I think many people just do a simple registration. You are still withing the timeline. Going off of eveyone on this thread, it seems like it is taking aprox 8 months from the application date to get the visa. I think you should be hearing something soon. Atleast you know they looked at your app because they requested for additional documents/proof from your side. I haven't heard anything at all. Have u emailed them recently?
Yes i did it been a month they didnt reply back. They asked us docs because we didnt send proofs at first place!! Lol. We thought we had to bring proof for inyerview only lol. But now we gave everything in dec...and still nothing!