+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
My restoration has been approved!

So here is my timeline

August 13th 2013 applied for study + work + restoration (online application)

September 16th 2013 transferred to restoration department.

November 5th 2013 it was approved.

My application took a little bit longer because I was asked by CIC to submit additional documents on Sept 11th and Oct 30th respectively.

In all, it took 2 months and 3 weeks to get me restored. When one calls the call center, they say 16weeks. Ignore them and be strong.

I sincerely wish all of you goodluck as you wait for your turn

Nov 5, 2013
I am also waiting for my work permit to be restored.
I applied on September 17th online and when I called the call center, I was told it can take 4 months :eek:
But seeing the post above it looks like its gonn be another month. :)
I am a little bit relieved but sitting at home for a month is kinda stressing on mind and pocket as well.

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
Thank you Marvinon for your update! It is very helpful to know the 'real' current processing times. When you call CIC, they say you have to wait 4 months but the reality is different. My husband applied online for restoration of Study Permit on September 26, we are hopeful it will be approved by the end of December so he can resume his studies from the winter semester. He called CIC on October 23 and was told that his application was in process of restoration at that time.

nour609

Sep 7, 2013
Following to my case,,
I have recieved a letter from the imigration as they determind technical problem in the system and they were able to prosses my first application "the one i appled for PGWP and it was missed the copy of my passport"

in fact after i recieved the refussed letter for the first application i sent,then i wrote an explination letter with a print screan that i have already uploded copy of my passport,, but i had to do another application in the same time with resturation stuts.

However: I recieved the PGWP on 10 of Oct 2013 for almost 3 years untill my passport expired "first application passed"
and i canceled the second application and also I recieved my funds back from immigration 350$.
200$ resturation stuts fees
150$ work permit fees.

Kjpascua

Star Member
Dec 31, 2011
Marvinon said:
My restoration has been approved!

So here is my timeline

August 13th 2013 applied for study + work + restoration (online application)

September 16th 2013 transferred to restoration department.

November 5th 2013 it was approved.

My application took a little bit longer because I was asked by CIC to submit additional documents on Sept 11th and Oct 30th respectively.

In all, it took 2 months and 3 weeks to get me restored. When one calls the call center, they say 16weeks. Ignore them and be strong.

I sincerely wish all of you goodluck as you wait for your turn

Thanks for info same mine this afternoon I call them and they said 16weeks to process my work permit due of my restoration at least I'm not the only one here in the forum in that same situation.

Dishu123

Nov 5, 2013
My PGWP expired on 25th July and I applied for the new work permit on July 15th. My employer had applied for LMO on June 12th and I was hoping that I would be able to send CIC the LMO decision as soon as I could get it. Unfortunately the LMO didn't come on time and CIC rejected my work permit application, hence I am out of status now. I have applied for the restoration and new work permit on Oct 3rd based on the AINP certificate that I received in the meanwhile. My file was sent to the restoration team on Oct 30th. I was told by the call centre agent that it might take up to 16 weeks from Oct 30th! :(

Hoping to get it sooner than that!

shripal2006

Oct 21, 2013
Update on my timeline:

- Applied for Workpermit with Restoration on Oct 1st. (Using my Ontario PNP)
- Transferred to Restoration on Oct 30th.

Hoping for some positive news this month :)

Good luck to all !

School2013

Nov 21, 2013
Applied for study permit restore Sep 26th, 2013
Transfer of docs Oct 10th,
No response to today.
Any applicants on the same time who have heard back from Cic?

Jan 28, 2013
Hey guys don't wait for Cic to make any decisions anytime soon... I waited 9 months and nothingWohhappened atlast I contacted local MP and after a week of contacting local MP I got my Woh restored.. Restoration department people will just keep ur file and won't restore even if u r past there 6 month deadline... U guys either do flagpole or contact ur local MP...to get a decision soon...all DE best..

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
hi
can somebody advise me how to apply for restoration with work permit ONLINE?
as I can't find direct option of restoration ?
I dun kno where to pay $350???????????
Please tell me what to do ..I just have one week left for the restoration period t be over
?

irfanullah

Jul 26, 2011
sofiasofia said:
hi
Please tell me what to do ..I just have one week left for the restoration period t be over
?
Half way through when you put in details on your online work permit application it will notify your status has expired and needs restoration. Say yes and just fill out the rest of the form. Dont worry, you are not alone here but do not waste any more time.

sofiasofia

Jul 25, 2011
okiii thanks irfanullah
thanks a lot ....I am goin to apply.if I need anything..please help me .....
really thankful to you

shripal2006

Oct 21, 2013
sofiasofia said:
hi
?
I faced a problem when I was trying to submit my application with restoration.. It wouldn't let me submit, I ended up applying for WP only but made a separate $200 payment online for the restoration and attached the receipt along with letter of explanation... They acknowledged it and my application is under restoration right now, however hopefully this issue is solved by now and you should be able to apply as suggested above. I noticed today they revamped the my account page too! Hopefully they improved the overall process and we get positive decisions very soon :)