+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Sanketpatel

Dec 5, 2013
@orange girl, thanks a lot and congratulation to your husband, as I told you that I had applied on sept 25 and going to my home country on Jan first week, hope it will come before that. I wonder if it is different time processing for study permit and work permit on restoration status, Do you know or if anyone know please let me know?

Navpreet Parmar

Sep 5, 2013
Restoration is same for any kind of temporary visa but as I mentioned before it takes more time to paper application than online application. I think u better ask Cic whether they started your application for process or not yet ?...

Nil Krishna

Oct 31, 2010
Visa Office......
Citizenship
orange_girl said:
The procedure is straightforward. Log into your MYCIC account, you will see a chart which contains all your previous applications, the bottom application is the most recent. In the last column beside your current application is the status, you click on it. Another window opens up and there you can see the status of your application "open" or "closed", as well as the details such as approved or additional documents are required. If the status is closed it means the decision has been made and you can see below if it was approved or refused. Hope this helps.
Thank you Orange_girl for your detail response !

Navpreet Parmar

Sep 5, 2013
I called Cic today they said after restoration department received your file u can expect 4 months to restore ur status . I applied on oct 16 nd they transfer file on dec 5 so upto march ..I wil get any response ..or within that period ..really long time ...and he mention that apply online is far better than paper .

Sanketpatel

Dec 5, 2013
Navneet: I got my restoration work permit approved on Dec 09th and got in my mail box on Dec 16th. So good luck buddy and praying for everyone, Hope you all get soon. Details of my application: applied on Sep 18,CIC received on sep 25th 2013. @Navneet: just keep in mind about applied date and when they received date and calculate accordingly so that way it is easy to go, I know your situation but be patient Bud.

shripal2006

Oct 21, 2013
Many congratulations Sanket! Glad to hear about your restoration :)
Did you apply by paper ? And when you say received by CIC you mean CPP received your application or it was transferred to restoration in vegreville on Sept. 25th?

Trying to estimate my time line.. I applied online so it went to CPP and got transferred to restoration after a month..

Thanks man..

Navpreet Parmar

Sep 5, 2013
Very big congratulations my friend !!! I think u got it within 10-11 weeks after they receive ..u got work permit ? And any other document sent you ??

molas

Dec 23, 2013
hi im do i neeed a new LMO to apply for a restoration? please i need a reply asap my work permit expire this coming january..

Dishu123

Nov 5, 2013
Navpreet Parmar said:
Hey u gonna apply work permit then you have to have LMO.
I applied for work permit without LMO approval. I had AINP nomination certificate so I provided that along with restoration and work permit application. Do you think I still need LMO? Actually I received positive LMO just couple of days ago.

Navpreet Parmar

Sep 5, 2013
Got my work permit restored ..paper application recieved their on oct 16 and restoration dept recieved on dec 5 and approved on dec 16 ..wish all other applicants best of luck !!!

shripal2006

Oct 21, 2013
Hi navpreet many congrats on the speedy restoration..
Can you pls share the details of your case? I applied with Ontario PNP online.. Restoration received it since 31st Oct.. And still no update.. I ended up with expired permit previously coz I missed out on attaching a page of my passport :(