+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

shripal2006

Oct 21, 2013
sofiasofia said:
can somebody let me know the processing time for restoration of status both online and paper???????????????
Normal processing time as per the website + up to 4 months for restoration ..

Sanketpatel

Dec 5, 2013
Hello Everyone, Can someone tell me the processing time for restoration status for work permit(paper application)? I had submitted my application and Cpp-vegreville received on 25th September, 2013, also talked with them over the phone and they are saying it will take up to 16 weeks, is it true? It been to long and I am already frustrated and had plan to visit my country in jan 9th,2014. Already had booked the tickets and everything because I didn't knew it will gone a took this much time. I have read all 19 pages of this forum and this is really helpful information and good people's blog and their personal experience into the topics. So please if anyone had received or applied same as mine time please let me know the details, I would be really appreciated for help.

Navpreet Parmar

Sep 5, 2013
Hey buddy !!! I think paper applications takes time than online application .so I think it will take 3-4 months . I applied on oct 11 and expecting around en of jan or Feb . But your case as you wanna go to Home country so you better talk to call centre and keep update. Is your file transfer to restoration department or not ? To Check call to call centre of cic . Keep me update too .

Nazzet

Dec 6, 2013
Sanketpatel said:
Hello Everyone, Can someone tell me the processing time for restoration status for work permit(paper application)? I had submitted my application and Cpp-vegreville received on 25th September, 2013, also talked with them over the phone and they are saying it will take up to 16 weeks, is it true? It been to long and I am already frustrated and had plan to visit my country in jan 9th,2014. Already had booked the tickets and everything because I didn't knew it will gone a took this much time. I have read all 19 pages of this forum and this is really helpful information and good people's blog and their personal experience into the topics. So please if anyone had received or applied same as mine time please let me know the details, I would be really appreciated for help.
I applied online on Aug 27 for work permit restoration and Cpp-Vegreville refunded $200 to me on Oct 2. I am still waiting as of today so the 4 months processing time is probably true. I couldn't apply before my work permit expired (July 5) as my AOR didn't arrive until mid August, so I ended up in the restoration queue. Worst of all is I didn't even know restoration has a different queue and could take so much longer than the normal queue.

Consider Marvinon's case, mine is at least a month longer than his now even though I applied only two weeks after his. From what I hear you can't leave Canada when it is in process. If so it might be better for you to cancel the application and ask for a refund if you have a permanent residence application in process. Ask around first though, I'm not sure on this. I 'm thinking of going back home as well in January and hope for my permanent residence application in July next year.

Anyone knows if I need a visitor permit to stay in Canada? Mine is about to expire in January. CIC's website made it sounds like I don't but better safe than sorry.

Good luck to all and let's keep each other up to date.

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
People who applied online for restoration or other documents now can see their application status in their MYCIC account. My husband applied online at the end of September. He checked his application status yesterday, it said the application was open, but the status is "not started". At least we don't have to check our mail every day :).

Sanketpatel

Dec 5, 2013
@Navpreet :Sure I will update my information as soon as possible and thanks for your as well.

@Nazzet: In your case, I don't think so that you need a visa to stay in canada if your application is in process. Other thing I would like ask you, why did they refund $200? Did you withdraw your restoration application? if yes than you might need visa, other thing which visa are you talking that will be getting expire on January?

@orange girl: thank you so much for reply,I really appreciated if you can update us because as you said that your husband had applied end of sept. and you can see online for us its not possible so if the status change like started, or in process pls let me know because my application went to restoration dept on sept 25th. so your case will be very helpful for reference.

Good luck everyone and keep the finger cross. ALL IS WELL

Nazzet

Dec 6, 2013
Sanketpatel said:
@ Nazzet: In your case, I don't think so that you need a visa to stay in canada if your application is in process. Other thing I would like ask you, why did they refund $200? Did you withdraw your restoration application? if yes than you might need visa, other thing which visa are you talking that will be getting expire on January?
I didn't withdraw my work permit restoration. My application status is still open. They didn't give me an exact reason why they refunded, but I guess it is because I'm actually applying for Bridging Open Work permit.

My work permit expired on July 5th and I applied for visitor permit back in Jun so that I can stay in Canada. My visitor permit is going to expire on January 10th, so I wondered if I need to extend it in order to stay in Canada. I don't think I need to though.

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
Nazzet said:
I didn't withdraw my work permit restoration. My application status is still open. They didn't give me an exact reason why they refunded, but I guess it is because I'm actually applying for Bridging Open Work permit.

My work permit expired on July 5th and I applied for visitor permit back in Jun so that I can stay in Canada. My visitor permit is going to expire on January 10th, so I wondered if I need to extend it in order to stay in Canada. I don't think I need to though.
The reason why they refunded you is that you have a valid status in Canada, which is your visitor's record. Restoration is only for the people whose status expired in Canada. You don't need to apply for any more documents since you have applied for a Bridging Work Permit. You can stay in the country while decision is being made.

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
Sanketpatel said:
@ Navpreet :Sure I will update my information as soon as possible and thanks for your as well.

@ Nazzet: In your case, I don't think so that you need a visa to stay in canada if your application is in process. Other thing I would like ask you, why did they refund $200? Did you withdraw your restoration application? if yes than you might need visa, other thing which visa are you talking that will be getting expire on January?

@ orange girl: thank you so much for reply,I really appreciated if you can update us because as you said that your husband had applied end of sept. and you can see online for us its not possible so if the status change like started, or in process pls let me know because my application went to restoration dept on sept 25th. so your case will be very helpful for reference.

Good luck everyone and keep the finger cross. ALL IS WELL
Sure, I'll let you guys know when the status of the application changes. Good luck to all of you!

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
Today my husband's application status has changed to "approved" :). He applied for restoration online on September 25th.

shripal2006

Oct 21, 2013
orange_girl said:
Today my husband's application status has changed to "approved" :). He applied for restoration online on September 25th.
Many congrats! This made my day :)
BTW was it work permit or study permit your husband had applied for?

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
Thank you!!! He applied for Study Permit. Good luck to all who is waiting!

Nil Krishna

Oct 31, 2010
Visa Office......
Citizenship
@ Orange_girl, what is the procedure of checking application status online? I saw your earlier post where you mentioned "People who applied online for restoration or other documents now can see their application status in their MYCIC account"

Please let me know the process. Thanks

orange_girl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER 18-10-2014
Med's Request
12-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2015
LANDED..........
27-01-2015
Nil Krishna said:
@ Orange_girl, what is the procedure of checking application status online? I saw your earlier post where you mentioned "People who applied online for restoration or other documents now can see their application status in their MYCIC account"

Please let me know the process. Thanks
The procedure is straightforward. Log into your MYCIC account, you will see a chart which contains all your previous applications, the bottom application is the most recent. In the last column beside your current application is the status, you click on it. Another window opens up and there you can see the status of your application "open" or "closed", as well as the details such as approved or additional documents are required. If the status is closed it means the decision has been made and you can see below if it was approved or refused. Hope this helps.