+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

Takita

May 12, 2021
I have applied for work permit for Canada under ICT from USA. My biometrics was done on 21st April'21. I checked with my company, and they said Attorney will update once there would any updates. I am just wondering, if any of you are able to check status by yourself and how to do it?
Many are getting approvals within 2 weeks if applied under GSS from US. Did you give your biometric at VFS center or USCIS ASC?

San123hello

May 25, 2021
If your NOC is 0 or A are you automatically under GSS or do you have to apply separately for GSS? My NOC is A , but I am not sure if the attorney applied under GSS.

Takita

May 12, 2021
This forum has been immense help in my Canada Journey....It's my time to share so it may help someone like it did for me since few months back...

Timeline
ICT WP applied from US under GSS - 5/7
Biometric at ASC - 5/24
Approval - 5/30

No PPR in my case due to already having Canada TRV. Approval requested for 3 years, but given until PP/TRV expiry.

Reactions: Dev0007

viswesh146

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

My employer has applied for ICT yesterday, I am from India. I don't need to give biometrics as I have already given those as part of my PR application.

So, I have the following question, What's the general timeline to get PPR? I saw from the IRCC website that they are processing March applicants, is that correct or the delay is more than that?

Dev0007

Jul 19, 2020
I have applied for work permit for Canada under ICT from USA. My biometrics was done on 21st April'21. I checked with my company, and they said Attorney will update once there would any updates. I am just wondering, if any of you are able to check status by yourself and how to do it?
I got passport request letter, but it has got expired, as it had 30 days of validity. I couldn't action on that timely, due to some personal circumstances. Is there a way to get new passport request letter or any way-out? please advise.

Bookish

May 4, 2021
Hello everyone,

My employer has applied for ICT yesterday, I am from India. I don't need to give biometrics as I have already given those as part of my PR application.

So, I have the following question, What's the general timeline to get PPR? I saw from the IRCC website that they are processing March applicants, is that correct or the delay is more than that?
Could you please post the link where it says March applications are being processed? I cant see anything on their website.

sriram17293

Dec 1, 2020
Hi, my future employer applied for my WP on May 27th, and received passport request letter today (June 7th). I did not have to submit biometrics because I had already submitted it for PR application (AoR Jan 2nd, still processing). I have a couple of questions:
  1. Does receiving the passport request letter imply that the work permit has been approved?
  2. In the email to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com, the excel sheet that needs to be attached has a field called 'Application type'. In the drop down, I should select 'Original Passport submission', correct? (The other options are Work Permit, Student, PRTD).
  3. To opt for online payment rather than money order, just mentioning it in the email to the above ID is enough?
Thank you!

viswesh146

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Hi, my future employer applied for my WP on May 27th, and received passport request letter today (June 7th). I did not have to submit biometrics because I had already submitted it for PR application (AoR Jan 2nd, still processing). I have a couple of questions:
  1. Does receiving the passport request letter imply that the work permit has been approved?
  2. In the email to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com, the excel sheet that needs to be attached has a field called 'Application type'. In the drop down, I should select 'Original Passport submission', correct? (The other options are Work Permit, Student, PRTD).
  3. To opt for online payment rather than money order, just mentioning it in the email to the above ID is enough?
Thank you!
Hey Sriram,

Which country are you residing in currently?

champ1411

Jun 10, 2021
Timeline for my wife -

ICT applied for GSS from US - 21 May
Biometrics completed - 7 June
Approval - 9 June

Next steps, sending passport to New York office, planning to do it next week.

Sukhoi30

Aug 28, 2020
Guys, If anybody applied for WP extension recently with same employer, What is the actual current processing time for the same?