+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

Nimir12

Sep 19, 2020
Another update, I received passport request letter on Sep 14, 2020.
ICT (LMIA exempt), NOC Type A,
NOC 2173

Feb 27, 2020 Applied online USA
March 16, 2020 Gave Bio-metrics
April 01, Submitted status inquiry to IRCC to follow up on application
May 05, Got reply stating application are on hold due to COVID
July 23, 2020 Application Approved
July 23, 2020 Got Bio-metric conformation letter
August 06, 2020 Submitted GCMS request
August 21, 2020 Received GCMS notes

August 31, 2020 Wrote to COVID-Travel exemption email
September 03, 2020 IRCC reply with " Application approved but not sending passport request now ..."
September 10, 2020 Reply to IRCC
September 14, 2020 Received email stating that they are going to send the passport request letter
September 14, 2020 Received the passport request letter.

October 15, 2020: travel to Canada
Hi, how did you reach out for gcms notes and other request without involving attorney, we would want to also check on our case. Application for ICT work permit was applied online on 28th April and biometrics was completed on 20th July at USCIS Denver and haven’t heard anything. Our lawyer reached out to IRCC in August and got a standard response.

werehere

Jul 10, 2020
Hi, how did you reach out for gcms notes and other request without involving attorney, we would want to also check on our case. Application for ICT work permit was applied online on 28th April and biometrics was completed on 20th July at USCIS Denver and haven’t heard anything. Our lawyer reached out to IRCC in August and got a standard response.
You don't necessary need a lawyer to request gcms notes. I used this website https://caipsnotes.com/ (it costs 15 usd).

dpH133

Jul 22, 2020
Another update, I received passport request letter on Sep 14, 2020.
ICT (LMIA exempt), NOC Type A,
NOC 2173

Feb 27, 2020 Applied online USA
March 16, 2020 Gave Bio-metrics
April 01, Submitted status inquiry to IRCC to follow up on application
May 05, Got reply stating application are on hold due to COVID
July 23, 2020 Application Approved
July 23, 2020 Got Bio-metric conformation letter
August 06, 2020 Submitted GCMS request
August 21, 2020 Received GCMS notes

August 31, 2020 Wrote to COVID-Travel exemption email
September 03, 2020 IRCC reply with " Application approved but not sending passport request now ..."
September 10, 2020 Reply to IRCC
September 14, 2020 Received email stating that they are going to send the passport request letter
September 14, 2020 Received the passport request letter.

October 15, 2020: travel to Canada
May i know which VFS you submitted the passport and how you sent it ? Did you opt for TWO WAY COURIER service from VFSGlobal ?

werehere

Jul 10, 2020
May i know which VFS you submitted the passport and how you sent it ? Did you opt for TWO WAY COURIER service from VFSGlobal ?
NYC VAC. I opt in for their FedEx 2way service. It took a week from the initial email to get the shipping labels from them. I did not ask if I can arrange and use other courier service.

dpH133

Jul 22, 2020
NYC VAC. I opt in for their FedEx 2way service. It took a week from the initial email to get the shipping labels from them. I did not ask if I can arrange and use other courier service.
Thanks for the quick response. I have emailed them for the shipping label, so hopefully they respond next week.

Dododxb

Sep 19, 2020
Dear Friends ,

Need some help / info / guidance , ours is a india based shipping company
# We did made the first branch of the company in BC canada in month of july with complete remote formation , transfer of money . And virtual office
# Company has nominated me the GM to go there and establish the company .
#my wp application was submitted by lawyer in canada bc on August 15
# my wife and kids will get open work permit and school visa i was told and same apploed for
# NOC was 0731

Lawyer said you fall under GSS even tho your are well established in India your company in bc canada is a bramch / affilate startup so you will get a 1 year visa , tho it should take 2 week , you can expect 12 months wating minimum
# what can you advice , should i do medical up-front, as 12 months is a lot and my offoce says , then they may be not sure about the branch plan

What can I do to expedicte the process , the lawyer has already take 12000 dollars from the company and 3500 dollars from me for my family applications. As that was to be borne my me as my company condition

Please has any one who applied in India from lawyer in canada for a branch newly opened ICT had ever had any success

Thank you

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
We submitted our webform to expedite the application on 7/14/2020 last week. We just checked with IRCC agent they mentioned they haven’t received any update regarding any webform submission. Can anyone please help with this? Should we submit it again or should we wait for this week to get any response?

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
We submitted our webform to expedite the application on 7/14/2020 last week. We just checked with IRCC agent they mentioned they haven’t received any update regarding any webform submission. Can anyone please help with this? Should we submit it again or should we wait for this week to get any response?
Request was submitted on 9/14/2020

Dododxb

Sep 19, 2020
Dear Friends ,

Need some help / info / guidance , ours is a india based shipping company
# We did made the first branch of the company in BC canada in month of july with complete remote formation , transfer of money . And virtual office
# Company has nominated me the GM to go there and establish the company .
#my wp application was submitted by lawyer in canada bc on August 15
# my wife and kids will get open work permit and school visa i was told and same apploed for
# NOC was 0731

Lawyer said you fall under GSS even tho your are well established in India your company in bc canada is a bramch / affilate startup so you will get a 1 year visa , tho it should take 2 week , you can expect 12 months wating minimum
# what can you advice , should i do medical up-front, as 12 months is a lot and my offoce says , then they may be not sure about the branch plan

What can I do to expedicte the process , the lawyer has already take 12000 dollars from the company and 3500 dollars from me for my family applications. As that was to be borne my me as my company condition

Please has any one who applied in India from lawyer in canada for a branch newly opened ICT had ever had any success

Thank you

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi all
We need some help here
My husband send his employer letter to Ircc and we got a message today to check our work permit account and we are waiting for our representative to check our account . I would like to know if they send the approval letter or passport request to the account or they send to our email address. In the email it just says check you account.
Thank you in advance

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Hi all
We need some help here
My husband send his employer letter to Ircc and we got a message today to check our work permit account and we are waiting for our representative to check our account . I would like to know if they send the approval letter or passport request to the account or they send to our email address. In the email it just says check you account.
Thank you in advance
Your representative who filed your work permit has access to this account. They may have send an update there.

Reactions: Sanita