+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT Work Permit from India

farooq0520

Star Member
Oct 21, 2021
I think the employer/lawyer had to submit application if its gss. However, I think yours looks like its non gss because it has passed the average time so you are being processed under normal india processing times?
i don't think its true, that the lawyer/company has to submit it. Individual can, and on the LMIA it mentions it is under GSS.

Biradar

Aug 21, 2022
I think the employer/lawyer had to submit application if its gss. However, I think yours looks like its non gss because it has passed the average time so you are being processed under normal india processing times?
As per my understanding ICT WP processing time between 80-90 days.
People getting approval with NOC-2171in GSS category. Mine is ICT WP all documents were prepaid by company lawyers and submitting applications taken care by myself (as per our company rules and regulations).
Due to covid and Ukraine &Afghanistan refuges ICT process got delayed. You can follow-up with IRCC latest news.

I got some Google doc links from this portal where people will update there processing period with other information. Please find below path for your reference.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14KeqQDN7w6CVMHN4TrkSY73x6QciQZCQqIqULBMjPJA/edit#gid=1507984428

farooq0520

Star Member
Oct 21, 2021
these are the conditions:

Conditions
To process work permit e-applications on a priority basis, the following conditions must be met:

• The applicant must submit a complete e-application on or after June 12, 2017, along with supporting documentation.
  • For Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt work permits, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
  • As part of Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC’s) Global Talent Stream (GTS) LMIA-required work permits of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, applicants must self-identify when they respond to the questionnaire in the Come to Canada tool. Consult the section below about the GTS for more information.
  • Applicants must apply online (e-application) (see instructions below for accommodating foreign nationals with disabilities).
  • Applicants must submit their medical examination documentation up front (where required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the IRPR.
  • Applicants must obtain their biometrics within 2 weeks of the date of application.

It says mention it in the questionnaire, this is the questionnaire right?

Biradar

Aug 21, 2022
People getting approval with NOC-2171in GSS category. Mine is ICT WP all documents were prepaid by company lawyers and submitting applications taken care by myself (as per our company rules and regulations).
Due to covid and Ukraine &Afghanistan refuges ICT process got delayed. You can follow-up with IRCC latest news.

I got some Google doc links from this portal where people will update there processing period with other information. Please find below path for your reference.
these are the conditions:

Conditions
To process work permit e-applications on a priority basis, the following conditions must be met:

• The applicant must submit a complete e-application on or after June 12, 2017, along with supporting documentation.
  • For Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt work permits, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
  • As part of Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC’s) Global Talent Stream (GTS) LMIA-required work permits of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, applicants must self-identify when they respond to the questionnaire in the Come to Canada tool. Consult the section below about the GTS for more information.
  • Applicants must apply online (e-application) (see instructions below for accommodating foreign nationals with disabilities).
  • Applicants must submit their medical examination documentation up front (where required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the IRPR.
  • Applicants must obtain their biometrics within 2 weeks of the date of application.

It says mention it in the questionnaire, this is the questionnaire right?
Mine is LMIA exception

farooq0520

Star Member
Oct 21, 2021

Mine is LMIA exception
what is your time line?

journeyman19

Jun 28, 2022
Can empathize with folks here trying to find a method to the madness. It's been 11 weeks done since my Biometrics were done, no response yet. Applied thru ICT and GSS, NOC 0013. Latest update from my company immigration agent is the following:
1. GSS has been suspended since the pandemic and still not resumed
2. Processing time varies case to case
3. Student permits may get priority in August given Sept start for Univs..

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

Mine is LMIA exception
Hi,
Need Urgent help: This is the scenario for one of my friend!

He is in India now got stuck while his H1b went for admin processing since 90days. No clue when that is gonna clear, So he is planning to move to Canada on a ICT WP but is unaware of the procedure, he wants to put all the points infront of their company attorneys as they are not aware too of the process but are ready to send him to Canada on a temporary basis as he is the key resource and they are not ready to loose him. Can you please explain or redirect me to links where we have all the information needed to apply for "Intra Company Transfer Work Permit"??

Thanks in Advance.

shubhendu

Sep 9, 2022
Need Some Information

My ICT work permit (LMIA exemption) under GSS category was submitted by my company lawyers. Along with my application, my spouse application was also submitted.

I now have received the letter of introduction (TRV received and visa stamping completed). Can anyone help me understand how much time will it take to get my Spouse's PPR?

I was told by my company lawyers that the Spouse application is approved

My Timeline :
Application Submission Date : 12 July 2022
Biometric submitted for application : 18 July 2022
Medical (upfront) : 2 June 2022
PPR received: 25 August 2022
Stamped Visa received: 7 September 2022
Letter of introduction received : 6 September 2022

My spouse's application timeline

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Need Some Information

My ICT work permit (LMIA exemption) under GSS category was submitted by my company lawyers. Along with my application, my spouse application was also submitted.

I now have received the letter of introduction (TRV received and visa stamping completed). Can anyone help me understand how much time will it take to get my Spouse's PPR?

I was told by my company lawyers that the Spouse application is approved

My Timeline :
PPR received: 25 August 2022
Stamped Visa received: 7 September 2022
Letter of introduction received : 6 September 2022

My spouse's application timeline
Wow you got this fast - I applied since 13th June and hasn't received my PPR as yet!

kuse

Sep 12, 2022
Biometric on 9th june , medical approved on 7th july lmia exempted WP application . 3 months completed after biometrics. When can i get mail for ppr

Sauravbh

Sep 10, 2022
Can someone help me to let me know when I can expect my PPR:
My company applied MINE , SPOUSE, KID(INFANT) visa for ICT LMIA EXEMPT :
APPLICATION APPLIED: 2ND SEP 2022
BIOMETRIC DONE: 6TH SEP 2022
MEDICAL DONE: FEW MONTH BACK AND APPROVED
PPR: ??