+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT Work Permit from India

Pavan102

Jun 1, 2021
Hi all,
Background :
ICT visa application applied from Hyderabad (work permit - Initial - online application): 28th March
Biometrics given - 1st April (Hyderabad)

No Update after that

Help needed:
1) I see application processing time as 4-6 weeks in the website, its been 2 months since I applied and gave Biometrics but still no update from consulate
can anyone give information on how long it may take to process Indian application(Considering current covid situation)?
2 ) is there anyone who applied after April 1st and got Application Approval? if yes pls. provide timelines.

Thank you

Reactions: Mosses123

SudhirGupta

Apr 4, 2021
Hi . I too applied in the month of April. Still awaiting further information . Application date : April 3, Biometric April 7. Done in Chennai. I think its probably because of Lockdown, all embassies are closed

Reactions: Pavan102

SudeerS

Jun 2, 2021
I applied for open workpermit on Feb 10th. No updates till now. Not sure if the processing times would be same for both or not. It showed processing time as 6 weeks when I applied and now it increased to 13 and keep on adding a week per every week passed.

Reactions: vnjh

vpullamsetty

Apr 4, 2021
Hi all,
Background :
ICT visa application applied from Hyderabad (work permit - Initial - online application): 28th March
Biometrics given - 1st April (Hyderabad)

No Update after that

Help needed:
1) I see application processing time as 4-6 weeks in the website, its been 2 months since I applied and gave Biometrics but still no update from consulate
can anyone give information on how long it may take to process Indian application(Considering current covid situation)?
2 ) is there anyone who applied after April 1st and got Application Approval? if yes pls. provide timelines.

Thank you

vpullamsetty

Apr 4, 2021
Hello
I am in USA and I Will inform about my experience
My employer uploaded my ICT on 9th March this year and It was approved on 26th April. Biometrics do not apply to me as while applying for Visitors VISA in the year 2019 same was submitted
Wish you all the best

Reactions: vnjh

Ross3265

Jun 15, 2021
If you are eligible for the 2-week processing time category for the work permit, you will get a work permit in 2 weeks after applying.

vnjh

Jun 21, 2021
I have applied for LMIA based work permit from India in 3rd week of Feb 2021. Biometrics was also done at same point of time and the processing time at that time was shown as 6 weeks but still no update. The wait is killing me :(

sourabhbhola

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
I have applied for LMIA based work permit from India in 3rd week of Feb 2021. Biometrics was also done at same point of time and the processing time at that time was shown as 6 weeks but still no update. The wait is killing me :(
Did you uploaded upfront medical

Pavan102

Jun 1, 2021
I know, it's frustrating

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
ICT cases gets approved fast. so it is a matter of consulate reopening. Processing time had gone up as they are working with limited capacity.

W8nForever

Jun 7, 2021
As per the latest update 22jun. The wp processing times increased to 17 weeks..

Even I applied for ict in Dec and completed biometric and medical by 22nd Feb. Not sure when will we get the decision and when will consulate start processing.
I am in Delhi but lawyers in canada. So not sure of which location processing timelines do I need to follow.

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
As per the latest update 22jun. The wp processing times increased to 17 weeks..

Even I applied for ict in Dec and completed biometric and medical by 22nd Feb. Not sure when will we get the decision and when will consulate start processing.
I am in Delhi but lawyers in canada. So not sure of which location processing timelines do I need to follow.
Since the processing is happening in Delhi, India, you need to follow local office processing time. One option is to send the webform, citing urgency by your employer to expedite your case.

W8nForever

Jun 7, 2021
Hi, Still waiting for decision..

If anyone gets any update on whether Delhi consulate is working or not. Pls share. Or if you get any approvals or rejection.