+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT Work Permit from India

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022
New to the thread:)

First of all, Thank you each one of you in this platform for taking out time and answering to the queries.

Question: I have submitted my Work Permit application(Employer Specific). Any idea when can I expect the approval? Anybody has got the approval recently? Thanks in advance!

Category : Non GSS Intra Company Transfer
Upfront Medicals : 30th May 2022
Application submitted : 14th June 2022
Biometrics submission : 22nd June 2022

It would be really helpful if you could help me with the response, please feel free to invite others to share the response.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

First of all, Thank you each one of you in this platform for taking out time and answering to the queries.

Question: I have submitted my Work Permit application(Employer Specific). Any idea when can I expect the approval? Anybody has got the approval recently? Thanks in advance!

It would be really helpful if you could help me with the response, please feel free to invite others to share the response.
impossoble to say how long and whether you will be approved. Partially depends on your job and industry. At least a few months usually but can be longer.

Reactions: Pradhi_07

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022
impossoble to say how long and whether you will be approved. Partially depends on your job and industry. At least a few months usually but can be longer.
Thank you for your response! I am hoping atleast i will get to travel by this year end

Pradhi_07

Star Member
Jul 4, 2022

I have applied for work permit under ICT Non-GSS Category from India. Can anyone confirm if there is any WhatsApp group available for this? And any tracker available which has the past applicants timelines? It would be really great if you could help me with the same. Thanks in advance!

Redash

Jun 11, 2022

Amit Welhal

Aug 9, 2022
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and would like to contribute so it can help people understand the timelines.
I have been recently approved of work permit for me and my wife under ICT non-GSS category. Following is my timeline:

Upfront medical test: Mar 14, 2022.
1) ICT non-GSS from Pune, India. My company appointed Immigration consultants from Vancouver, BC handled my application
2) Application received by IRCC: May 17, 2022
3) Biometrics for wife: May 18, 2022
4) Biometrics for me: already had business visa
5) Passport submission request: Aug 5, 2022

I'd be glad to answer any questions from members. I understand the anxiety this delay creates, been there, done that. I get a feeling that if the immigration consultants are experienced, your application will be processed faster. Of course the applicants' clear documentation is the biggest decider. But that's just my feeling, IRCC works in strange ways. My timeline was certainly shorter than what IRCC showed on its website. Good luck to all!

mandydias

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and would like to contribute so it can help people understand the timelines.
I have been recently approved of work permit for me and my wife under ICT non-GSS category. Following is my timeline:

1) ICT non-GSS from Pune, India. My company appointed Immigration consultants from Vancouver, BC handled my application

I'd be glad to answer any questions from members. I understand the anxiety this delay creates, been there, done that. I get a feeling that if the immigration consultants are experienced, your application will be processed faster. Of course the applicants' clear documentation is the biggest decider. But that's just my feeling, IRCC works in strange ways. My timeline was certainly shorter than what IRCC showed on its website. Good luck to all!
Thank you so much for sharing, can I know what your NOC Code is please? I am also NON GSS category, waiting for my ICT since Jan this year from the UAE but the processing times are a lot and hence the delay

journeyman19

Jun 28, 2022
Hello all,

Hi, this seems super quick. I applied under GSS and application received by IRCC on 26 May, no news on Police Clearance or any other update for me as of date...Can you share when did you receive the Police Clearance request from IRCC?

Amit Welhal

Aug 9, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing, can I know what your NOC Code is please? I am also NON GSS category, waiting for my ICT since Jan this year from the UAE but the processing times are a lot and hence the delay
Not sure if I'm right (because everything was handled by my immi consultants) but I think my NOC was 2021 B (specialized knowledge).