+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Time Exceeded Visitor Visa

Jack2406

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hello,
I have applied for my Dad's visitor visa from India in Aug and still waiting for passport request. Currently status showing "back ground check in progress", does anyone have such status and have any idea how many days will it take to finish background check?

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hello,
I have applied for my Dad's visitor visa from India in Aug and still waiting for passport request. Currently status showing "back ground check in progress", does anyone have such status and have any idea how many days will it take to finish background check?
I too applied on 10 th august through vfs delhi. Still waiting . No update! . Did you get anything

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Hello,
Hi.. Is your father working with some government office or security forces... Background checks take time and there is no definitive time frame .. I hope they finish it soon ..

Jack2406

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi.. Is your father working with some government office or security forces... Background checks take time and there is no definitive time frame .. I hope they finish it soon ..
Yes My dad is government officer. It already been 2 months, So I hope they complete it soon. Finger crossed.

Reactions: H06

physioindia

Sep 5, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I applied for my parent's visa to attend convocation and got approved.
the timeline is the
date of application: October 4th, 2018
the review started on October 15th, 2018
visa approved on October 16th, 2018.

Thanks

physioindia

Sep 5, 2014
Congratulations !
What was the circumstances and how long did they get the visa for?
thank you.
well, I applied to attend the convocation ceremony which is on November 15th.
they will submit the passport tomorrow so will update you about the duration of visa granted.

Reactions: Sasi9765

shamleo84

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
hi , i had submitted paper application on 19 Sep and even after 33 Days no update yet.
can anyone advice when can i expect the response, it is not an online application it is paper based so cant even check the status.
VFS Abu Dhabi.

Abbacy

Oct 1, 2018
hi , i had submitted paper application on 19 Sep and even after 33 Days no update yet.
can anyone advice when can i expect the response, it is not an online application it is paper based so cant even check the status.
VFS Abu Dhabi.
You can link your offline application by doing this you can see the status of your application

shamleo84

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
You can link your offline application by doing this you can see the status of your application
hi i am unable to link it , what is the usual time frame , i have been rejected twice in 2014 and last year but both refusals i got within 15 Days and this this its almost 34 Days but no luck. do you this any positive signs if this time taking more time.

Amir

Canadian lover

Oct 25, 2018
My parents applied for Visitor Visa Online from India for Canada on 18th May 2018 but still have not received any update yet. They want to meet my elder brother who has a study visa and is currently studying there. The average processing time of 28 days is already exceeded. Can someone please tell why there has not been any progress in this regard? My dad and mom both are government employees so why are they hesitating in giving the Visa?
Whom should I contact for quick redressal of the concern as its already 45 days since the date of applying for Visa?

Here is the status that I have been seeing everyday with no change at all:

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
If the embessy takes morw thab 20 days than understand you are rejected