+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time after appeal being allowed

Lmason

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Wow I didn’t expect to hear that, that is great news! Did they request criminal at the same time as your medical request?
It’s a very lengthy process it’s been 3 years in April since we started. It will be a great relief when this is all over!

msamhat

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
Wow I didn’t expect to hear that, that is great news! Did they request criminal at the same time as your medical request?
It’s a very lengthy process it’s been 3 years in April since we started. It will be a great relief when this is all over!
Yes they requested the updated documents including medical and criminal. Usually designated doctors have access to the system. They just upload the result. So crossing fingers now to finish everything and to get the passport request. My process now: medical and interview passed. Criminal didn’t start yet.

our application started on January 2018, refused on April 2018, full hearing october 7th, 2019; accepted on the same day; confirmation 2 weeks after; email for updated documents after one week

Lmason

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
I started in April 2017, denied April 2018. I had two hearing dates since the translator did not show up for the first half day hearing in June 2019. Then a second full day hearing on September 30th. It has been a mess, I’m not sure if the criminals have been processed yet I’m not sure how to check that information online.
Fingers crossed everything moves quickly for you!

msamhat

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
I started in April 2017, denied April 2018. I had two hearing dates since the translator did not show up for the first half day hearing in June 2019. Then a second full day hearing on September 30th. It has been a mess, I’m not sure if the criminals have been processed yet I’m not sure how to check that information online.
Fingers crossed everything moves quickly for you!
Hopefully it will continue like this. You can create gckey account and you will see all the details...
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • November 4, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We have received the additional documents you provided.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You have completed your interview.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

shaheen412

Jun 20, 2015
Hopefully it will continue like this. You can create gckey account and you will see all the details...
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • November 4, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We have received the additional documents you provided.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You have completed your interview.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Any update after you submit the documents and medical/police results?

Reactions: msamhat

shaheen412

Jun 20, 2015
my background started yesterday. anyone knows whats update next would be? i won appeal in Nov 2019, sent medical,police certificate and all forms again in January 2020.

msamhat

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
my background started yesterday. anyone knows whats update next would be? i won appeal in Nov 2019, sent medical,police certificate and all forms again in January 2020.
It will be ppr request. My bbc started on last week of January. Which visa office you deal with?

shaheen412

Jun 20, 2015
It will be ppr request. My bbc started on last week of January. Which visa office you deal with?
I got PPR today but they said to send the passport to Ottawa, Canada, but my spouse living in Pakistan so I asked them to confirm my Pakistan address for submitting passport. After I Won appeal my application is in MIssisaga before it was in London. Did you get passport request yet? what visa office are you in.

Reactions: TROD94 and msamhat

msamhat

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
I got PPR today but they said to send the passport to Ottawa, Canada, but my spouse living in Pakistan so I asked them to confirm my Pakistan address for submitting passport. After I Won appeal my application is in MIssisaga before it was in London. Did you get passport request yet? what visa office are you in.
Congratulations ! Beirut office but im still in background check process ! Can you share your timeline? First time applied till ...

Reactions: shaheen412

shaheen412

Jun 20, 2015
Congratulations! Beirut office but I'm still in the background check process ! Can you share your timeline? First time applied till ...
Thanks

Applied Sep 2017
Denied Nov 2018
Appeal DEC 2018
Appeal Won Nov 2019
Request and Resubmit All Docs Jan 2020
Background check started Last Week and Today get the letter for PPR

But PPR letter is to send the passport to Ottawa Office in Canada although my spouse lives in Pakistan so I sent them email to send me instructions for Pakistan. They mentioned in the letter if your nearby office is not Ottawa, send us an email so we send new instructions.

But Finally wait is Over. I will update soon Inshallah when getting the visa on the passport.

shaheen412

Jun 20, 2015
Thanks

Applied Sep 2017
Denied Nov 2018
Appeal DEC 2018
Appeal Won Nov 2019
Request and Resubmit All Docs Jan 2020
Background check started Last Week and Today get the letter for PPR

But PPR letter is to send the passport to Ottawa Office in Canada although my spouse lives in Pakistan so I sent them email to send me instructions for Pakistan. They mentioned in the letter if your nearby office is not Ottawa, send us an email so we send new instructions.

But Finally wait is Over. I will update soon Inshallah when getting the visa on the passport.
I received reply from CIC to send the passport in Pakistan Office. :)