+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

aliackles

Newbie
Oct 6, 2026
1
0
I had an inland refugee claim that was suspended because of an admissibility proceeding before the Immigration Division.

I have now received a favourable Immigration Division decision — I was found admissible and there was no removal order.

My understanding is that after the admissibility matter is resolved, the suspended refugee claim should eventually be resumed/transferred back to the refugee determination process.

However, I contacted IRCC recently and was told that my refugee claim is still showing as on hold/suspended.

I understand there may be a 30-day period for the Minister/CBSA to consider an appeal of the favourable Immigration Division decision.

My questions are:

  1. Has anyone here had their refugee claim suspended because of an admissibility hearing and then received a favourable ID decision?
  2. After the favourable decision, how long did it take for your refugee claim to be reactivated/resumed?
  3. Did CBSA automatically transfer/update the claim, or did you or your lawyer have to contact CBSA/IRCC/RPD?
  4. Did your claim remain “on hold” during the 30-day appeal period?
  5. If you have a similar timeline, what happened after the 30 days expired?