I had an inland refugee claim that was suspended because of an admissibility proceeding before the Immigration Division.
I have now received a favourable Immigration Division decision — I was found admissible and there was no removal order.
My understanding is that after the admissibility matter is resolved, the suspended refugee claim should eventually be resumed/transferred back to the refugee determination process.
However, I contacted IRCC recently and was told that my refugee claim is still showing as on hold/suspended.
I understand there may be a 30-day period for the Minister/CBSA to consider an appeal of the favourable Immigration Division decision.
My questions are:
I have now received a favourable Immigration Division decision — I was found admissible and there was no removal order.
My understanding is that after the admissibility matter is resolved, the suspended refugee claim should eventually be resumed/transferred back to the refugee determination process.
However, I contacted IRCC recently and was told that my refugee claim is still showing as on hold/suspended.
I understand there may be a 30-day period for the Minister/CBSA to consider an appeal of the favourable Immigration Division decision.
My questions are:
- Has anyone here had their refugee claim suspended because of an admissibility hearing and then received a favourable ID decision?
- After the favourable decision, how long did it take for your refugee claim to be reactivated/resumed?
- Did CBSA automatically transfer/update the claim, or did you or your lawyer have to contact CBSA/IRCC/RPD?
- Did your claim remain “on hold” during the 30-day appeal period?
- If you have a similar timeline, what happened after the 30 days expired?
