+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time after appeal being allowed

Goanywhere

Oct 22, 2018
I won my appeal on Sep 10 ( spousal sponsorship outside Canada ) and I got the confirmation Sep 30. When I check online it still says Decision made. Anyone has an idea how long it takes after an appeal being allowed

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
OK, so we won our appeal Aug 3. Almost exactly 2 months later, we got a request email asking for new medical, criminal record,schedule A form, and the pr fee of $490. (even though we already paid it before we were denied) I read online it an take another 6 months from this point, but I'm really hoping not. London UK is processing ours. Good luck!

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
OK, so we won our appeal Aug 3. Almost exactly 2 months later, we got a request email asking for new medical, criminal record,schedule A form, and the pr fee of $490. (even though we already paid it before we were denied) I read online it an take another 6 months from this point, but I'm really hoping not. London UK is processing ours. Good luck!
Please can you share your timeline as others might learn from your experience.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I won my appeal on Sep 10 ( spousal sponsorship outside Canada ) and I got the confirmation Sep 30. When I check online it still says Decision made. Anyone has an idea how long it takes after an appeal being allowed
I think when it still says decision made, it's referring to your old "not approved" decision. Theres a ways to go after you win. They can t

Goanywhere

Oct 22, 2018
Thank you...
it is 1 month and 2 weeks now since we won the appeal... but strange!! How are they asking you the pr fees again?? They might refund you later I guess

Reactions: Alicee

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thank you...
it is 1 month and 2 weeks now since we won the appeal... but strange!! How are they asking you the pr fees again?? They might refund you later I guess[/QUOTE

The said they had no record of us paying it, thank God I found a receipt! Honestly, give it about 2 more weeks and you ll probably hear something. If your application like mine, they will send you the request form for another medical and current criminal record check for your current country. If your anxious to do something, you can start updating that schedule A form because they want an up to date one of that as well lol. After that, it's another wait game

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I mean from when your application was submitted if possible.
Alrighty, here we go, lol.
Application submitted and email saying they received it Jan 17, Jan 28 approved as sponsor, Feb 17 request for criminal records, October 10, didn't meet the criteria (had a criminal record) and then refusal letter Jan 10. We filed for an appeal on February 19. Now after speaking with my husbands assigned case worker, I found out that appeals can take up to 2 or 3 years! My husband was denied due to criminality. His charges were really old, like over 10 years so we didn't think they would effect his application, we were wrong.. But because we decided to apply for a record suspension, our case worker arranged for us to have an ADR (alternate dispute resolution) this was scheduled for August 20. We won this, and our file was sent to Ontario for processing, and then sent to London, and was reviewed on October 3. I CANNOT stress this enough. IF YOUR APPLICATION WAS DENIED DUE TO CRIMINAL HISTORY, YOU WILL NOT WIN AN APPEAL UNLESS YOU APPLY FOR A RECORD SUSPENSION. DO IT FIRST! I honestly don't understand why we weren't told in the very beginning of the process "like hey, your husband has a record in Canada, hell be denied sponsorship. Apply for a record suspension first, then apply for sponsorship" it would have saved so much time and energy for everyone evolved. Us in the beginning, the appeal division then, and the London office processing our application now for a second time. It's no wonder it takes 12 months to process applications :(

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Alrighty, here we go, lol.
Application submitted and email saying they received it Jan 17, Jan 28 approved as sponsor, Feb 17 request for criminal records, October 10, didn't meet the criteria (had a criminal record) and then refusal letter Jan 10. We filed for an appeal on February 19. Now after speaking with my husbands assigned case worker, I found out that appeals can take up to 2 or 3 years! My husband was denied due to criminality. His charges were really old, like over 10 years so we didn't think they would effect his application, we were wrong.. But because we decided to apply for a record suspension, our case worker arranged for us to have an ADR (alternate dispute resolution) this was scheduled for August 20. We won this, and our file was sent to Ontario for processing, and then sent to London, and was reviewed on October 3. I CANNOT stress this enough. IF YOUR APPLICATION WAS DENIED DUE TO CRIMINAL HISTORY, YOU WILL NOT WIN AN APPEAL UNLESS YOU APPLY FOR A RECORD SUSPENSION. DO IT FIRST! I honestly don't understand why we weren't told in the very beginning of the process "like hey, your husband has a record in Canada, hell be denied sponsorship. Apply for a record suspension first, then apply for sponsorship" it would have saved so much time and energy for everyone evolved. Us in the beginning, the appeal division then, and the London office processing our application now for a second time. It's no wonder it takes 12 months to process applications :(
What happened to you is horrible, I'm sorry you had to go through it and that the process took so long.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
What happened to you is horrible, I'm sorry you had to go through it and that the process took so long.
Were still in process. Hopefully this time it goes through OK. I found out they can deny you again! Not for the same thing as before but something new. I appreciate their due diligence, and understand denying someone for a criminal record. I just wish they told us ahead of time about the record suspension :(

Goanywhere

Oct 22, 2018
Were still in process. Hopefully this time it goes through OK. I found out they can deny you again! Not for the same thing as before but something new. I appreciate their due diligence, and understand denying someone for a criminal record. I just wish they told us ahead of time about the record suspension :(
I'm sorry.. that's terrible. .. I really hope it will work out for you

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi Shalenabennie May I ask what kind of criminal record your husband charged?here in Canada? And it’s been a long time hope and pray you gonna receive any good news.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi Shalenabennie May I ask what kind of criminal record your husband charged?here in Canada? And it’s been a long time hope and pray you gonna receive any good news.
Hi! He has 4 summary convictions. Theft under 5000 and failure to comply.. It was from back in 2005. But it doesn't matter the charge or hour long ago, apparently the will deny :( won appeal after apply for pardon, now in 4th month of background check

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi! He has 4 summary convictions. Theft under 5000 and failure to comply.. It was from back in 2005. But it doesn't matter the charge or hour long ago, apparently the will deny :( won appeal after apply for pardon, now in 4th month of background check
Oh I see. Well, let’s wait for the good news it will come soon. Thanks for your response God bless