28-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
Hey Luisjr,
I would send the embassy an email to ask about your gf`s status...we applied from Montevideo through BBAA and they asked me send documentation of my legal status in Uruguay. Now we moved to Costa Rica and immediately BBAA asked for both my husband I to send copies of our residency papers here. Maybe your gf could take a trip to MVD and enter as a toursit just beofre you submit your application. That way she will be a legal visitor...

Good Luck!!

Luisrjr

Apr 30, 2012
Thank you Janita, We are about to e-mail them, hopefully it will not be a big issue in all this process. She´s been working here for about a year now so it would be kind of confusing since she´s not legal here.

Thank you again, I´ll let you know how it goes.

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
July 7, 2011 stating application received in VO June 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011 Redone Sept. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to be As Soon as Possible :)
Hi emcanada,

any news on your application?
I'm getting annoyed here and anxiouss and don't know what to do.
no news, no updates, nothing.
I sent my police certificates again end of march. And nothing. I emailed them twice until they finally said something, which was really nothing, didn't even acknowledge if they recieved or not, just said you application is within regular processing times. Grrrrr
are the processing times considered fro. When they recieve our application in buenos aires, or when they finally start to process?
well the medical has also expired now, should we just get another, maybe send an email to them about it, maybe to try and hurry this up.....
hope your having better luck

janita

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that we finally got a passport request from Buenos Aires!!
They wrote to my husband last week and asked him to send his passport together with a return envelope and that the Visa will be valid until his last Medical Expires....wow I guess that means...we`re done!! :) :

Malirca, Emcanada...any news for you???

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
congratulations Janita.
no news for me. I hit 12 months on June 24 that the visa office has my application. so I will be writting this week to see what's up.
At least after this week they can no longer respond with you are within regular processing times.
So hoping and wishing that I get some goods or at least news this week.
Hope you get your passport back quickly. Do you plan on moving right away? Where to?

emcanada

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Hey Guys..
Sorry for not replying, but I wasn't getting the updates in my mail.. not sure what was going on.

The only update I have is that on the website it says that my application is being processed (a year after they received it).
We sent a bunch of emails, messages from website, but got a reply a week before we were planning on coming back to Canada.
The email said that they will be sending me further information.. (that's it).
I ended up changing my ticket so I would be in Argentina when the email arrived.. When I finally got it it said that my medical and photos got expired and I need to submit a new set of both.
So, after getting an "urgent" appointment with the doc in BsAs, I went and took the photos (which I had to re-submit because they didn't comply with the consulate specs).
More than a month later, we got a reply from the consulate saying that they're still waiting on Ottawa about the medicals.
I checked fedex and Ottawa received the medical about a month ago.. so I guess I'm dealing with bureaucracy again :)
As soon as I have updates I'll let you know..
good luck to you guys!!

emcanada

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
ok, finally!!!!!!! :D
Got an email two weeks ago from the consulate saying that my visa was approved and that I should submit my passport.
My dad took the passport last week, I got an email on Monday saying that it was ready for pickup, my dad went yesterday to get the passport, and now it's in a fedex box on its way to canada :)

The good thing is that I don't need to leave the country to get my passport stamped. I can go to an immigration office here to get my stamp.

What about you malirca? any updates?

Jules123

Mar 12, 2012
Help! Help! Help!
Hi Everyone,
I am currently in the process of sponsoring my Husband from Argentina for PR.
He recently received an email from the embassy requesting new photos and another police clearance certificate.
Has anyone else had difficulties with their police certificates? The reason I ask, is because we already sent the police forms in with the original application package, had them translated to english and obtained the required stamp. My husband does not have any problems or issues on his criminal background either.
Have they changed the requirements?
I'm a little stressed as they have only given us 30 days to resend the info back to the embassy. The issue with that is, my husband is currently on contract on a cruise ship based out of The USA and doesn't finish his contract until the first week of December.
Has anyone needed an extension on papers before???
Any help or advice anyone can give me would be amazing and greatly appreciated!

Jul 27, 2012
Jules123 said:
Help! Help! Help!
Hi Everyone,
He recently received an email from the embassy requesting new photos and another police clearance certificate.
Has anyone else had difficulties with their police certificates? The reason I ask, is because we already sent the police forms in with the original application package, had them translated to english and obtained the required stamp. My husband does not have any problems or issues on his criminal background either.
I'm a little stressed as they have only given us 30 days to resend the info back to the embassy. The issue with that is, my husband is currently on contract on a cruise ship based out of The USA and doesn't finish his contract until the first week of December.
Hi Jules123,

As far as I understand police certificates from different countries have a validity period. It possibly depends on the country issuing it or on a visa office that handles your application. Usually it is one year.
My wife's application handles Moscow VO. They've requested for an updated police certificate from Russia. Russian police cetificates is valid for one year. You will have to bear all the fees associated with translation, notarization, postage etc. I do not think that CIC cares at all about how much it would cost you or anyone in your situation, I'm sorry.
We were given 60 days to provide a new police certificate and redo my wife's medical (both expired, while Moscow was taking their time). I know that in case when someone is not able to submit a request for a new police certificate, people authorize a relative or a friend to do it for them. I'm not sure if it will work in Argentina, but I guess you should consider it as an option.
I hope that helps and good luck !

emcanada

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Jules123 said:
Help! Help! Help!
Hi Everyone,
Hi Jules,

I'd ask your husband to reply to the consulate and request more time, explaining the situation. Maybe even ask them if the prev one was rejected (bad translation, etc), or if it expired.
In my case, once they sent me an email requesting the medical to be re-done (and new photos) they would reply to my emails within 48 hours.

Best!

Jules123

Mar 12, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Question for anyone who can answer it!

I was just checking the status of my husbands application for PR online today and it now says 'processing application as of October 18, 2012. It was received on February 8, 2012...
Does this mean I can expect to wait another 13 months from the date they have started processing the application?? Or does this mean things are moving along and (fingers crossed) we are close to being done?

Any insight or personal experiences would be great.

Thanks so much!
xo

rodriarano

Nov 12, 2011
Jules123 said:
Hi Everyone,

Question for anyone who can answer it!

I was just checking the status of my husbands application for PR online today and it now says 'processing application as of October 18, 2012. It was received on February 8, 2012...
Does this mean I can expect to wait another 13 months from the date they have started processing the application?? Or does this mean things are moving along and (fingers crossed) we are close to being done?

Any insight or personal experiences would be great.

Thanks so much!
xo

Hi, GOOD NEWS !! When they change the status and "processing application as of..." appears it means you will receive news soon, coz now they are ACTUALLY working on your application !

Keep us in touch :)

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
hi all. i would like to be positive for all you new comers but sorry i cant. my application is still in process with no end near... i can only assume. our application was received in argentina june 24 2011 i am going on to a year and a half and still waiting. i have provided another medical for husband and daughter. another one of his older daughters is pregnant and also needs medical even though she not going. and she cant get medical cuz she pregnant so have to wait for baby. and on top baby also now needs a medical according to cic. have also provided many police certificates which will prob only expire as be asked for more cuz waiting for daughter and baby medical. so in the end.... i will prob reach yr 2 in argentina hopefully wo get visa... wishing and hoping