File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011 Redone Sept. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to be As Soon as Possible :)
Well i finally got some news from the buenos aires VO... I emailed them and got some not so good news. I guess they had emailed me on Dec. 27 which we never got, asking for police certificates.
Im not sure why and have emailed them with a copy of the certificates and asking for the argentina one again.
Has anybody here gotten one from abroad and not argentina. well we went to the embassy and they gave us a signed copy of a letter stating no record. but im nbot sure if this is the problem and i am suppose to have a thing from the police or something... can anyone help me??
anyone out there get asked for the police certificates again?
the certificates you did send, what were they like?
thanks

janita

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
hey malirca,
we got an email from BBAA in November saying they needed my husband`s birth certificate sent to them...i am 110% sure we included the birth certificate it in our application package, they never explained why we needed to resent.......
as for the police certificate, I`ve had good results writing to the embassy, they usually get back within a few days so I would just ask them if the letter from the embassy is enough.
cheers,

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
July 7, 2011 stating application received in VO June 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
PLEASE HELP!

I am at my last straw with this process.
I was asked for police certificates once again, as I had mentioned.

I sent them, what I received from the argentine consulate in miami, but they are saying this is not acceptable.
Did anybodg send a police certificate for argentina, applying for it outside of argentina. How did it look lkke? What specifically is it that I am getting wrong.
mine is provided by the consulte, a letter staing no record but they don't accept.
they are giving me another month and a last remjnder if not refusal. Seems pretty harsh. Its not like I'm not complying. I do not understand what the fuck they want. They even state that in argentine consulte it says este certificado se gestiona en argentina
por parte del apoderado del interesado... Isn't that the consulte? Or are they basicalle giving me not option but have to go to argentina or something like that...
so lost....
PLEASE PLE
ASE HELP

rodriarano

Nov 12, 2011
Hi!

The certificate must be issued by the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia.

Look here for instructions: http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/Desde_Exterior.aspx

You need to go to the Consulate and they will give you a paper with your data and fingerprints and then you send all that to Argentina, so that someone (a relative or friends that you authorize through this paper I am telling you) can follow the process and ask for the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales on your behalf. Then this person sends it to you by the post.

If it's not clear enough, send me a private message (the puedo ayudar en español si sos argentino, va a ser más simple jeje).

GOOD LUCK!!

janita

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
malirca,
we had a similar problem with the honduran police certificate. they would not accept a paper from the consulate, we had to get an original from the responsible department in the country. In our case, we sent a power of attorney (carta de poder) to a lawyer in honduras, who was able to get the police certificate for us. (in the case of honduras he first had to get my husbands "movimimiento migratorio" since my hubby is not Honduran but that may not be necesary for Argnetina.)
And in our case, immigration told us that if we had no other option we`d just have to take a trip to Honduras to get the paper!!! (from Uruguay!!)

Hope this helps and that you can get the paper quickly!

Jules123

Mar 12, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband who is living in Buenos Aires.
I've sent the application papers to Mississauga on Feb 3/12 and they were received at The CPC on Feb 6/12.
The CIC processing times are now 55 days (working on applications from Jan 3/12).
Should I be expecting an email or snail mail response with approval of sponsorship?
Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm hoping this will be a smooth process!

rodriarano

Nov 12, 2011
Jules123 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband who is living in Buenos Aires.
I've sent the application papers to Mississauga on Feb 3/12 and they were received at The CPC on Feb 6/12.
The CIC processing times are now 55 days (working on applications from Jan 3/12).
Should I be expecting an email or snail mail response with approval of sponsorship?
Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm hoping this will be a smooth process!
me too I'd like to know that! We sent it on Feb 29th :) I cannot wait to receive a first e-mail hehe :D

janita

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
all the communication we have had with BBAA, the confirmation of receipt, my sponsorship approval and requests for additional info have been by email. We have never gotten a letter from them.

¡OJO! the same thing just happened to us as what malirca described: on Friday we got an email from Buenos Aires saying "we sent you an email on NOV. 15th asking for the following info..... if you do not reposnd in 2 weeks your application will be rejected". we DID NOT receive anything from them in Nov. or any other date since then. We are eagerly waiting for communication from them, we check our email everyday, its IMPOSSIBLE that we would have missed an email from immigration...so careful, their only means of communication seems to be email and it it not totally reliable. We have of course let them know, but who knows if they will take the steps to avoid this happening in the future....

They have been pretty good with us about answering email do I would say, don`t hesitate to check with them if you are waiting for something specific.

Good Luck!!!

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
July 7, 2011 stating application received in VO June 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
One quick question for everybody.
Time is quite short for the extension the gave us
So we are getting the person who is getting the certificate in buenos aires to do the translations and send them to the embassy directly from there.
Question regarding the transltion, do they have to be certified by the Colegio de Traductores, its the last step that we are not sure if its needed or not.
please help, respond asap since we are getting this done this week.

rodriarano

Nov 12, 2011
malirca said:
One quick question for everybody.
Time is quite short for the extension the gave us
So we are getting the person who is getting the certificate in buenos aires to do the translations and send them to the embassy directly from there.
Question regarding the transltion, do they have to be certified by the Colegio de Traductores, its the last step that we are not sure if its needed or not.
please help, respond asap since we are getting this done this week.
Hi there... well on the guide it says:

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both; the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator.

So as long as it's an accredited translator it should do. Now this is important:

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
 the English or French translation; and
 an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
 a certified copy of the document.
Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.
Translations by family members are not acceptable.

So you need an affidavit! Us we made the translation here in Canada and the translator has been himself to make the affidavit.

ACCREDITED TRANSLATOR'S ORIGINAL TRANSLATION + ORIGINAL AFFIDAVIT + ORIGINAL OF THE POLICE CERTIFICATE IN SPANISH

emcanada

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
So we finally got an update from the consulate. :D
On friday we got an email saying that 'sorry for the delay' and that they will be sending me something in the mail next week.
The problem is that next monday and tuesday are holidays here in Argentina, and our flight back to Canada is on Thursday :).. perfect timing!

Should I extend my stay here or not.. that is the question :)

For those of you who got approved already, did you get the approval notice by email or by regular mail?

Thanks!

Luisrjr

Apr 30, 2012
Hey everyone, I have a few questions if someone could help me I would appreciate it a lot.

1. My girlfriend and I have been living together in Argentina for more than a year, but she doesn´t have her DNI yet here. Could she still apply to sponsor me even if she´s not legal here and she´s been working here for a year now? I have all my papers and stuff. They ask for a copy valid of the migratory document granted to her. So I don´t know what to do since doing all the stuff for her would take soooo long.

2. When do I get the File number from the visa office? Cause they request my Police certificate but they say to wait until I have the File number to apply for it in Colombia.

3. Do I send the medical exams or they send it from the Doctor´s office? I though I was supposed to send it with my application.

4. After I send all the applications to Mississauga, Ontario. Do they send them back to the office in Argentina? or how does it work?

Thank you, Hope anyone has the time and patience to answer my questions.

emcanada

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Hi,

As far as I know....

1. Canada doesn't care if your GF was illegal here in Argentina. As long as you can show them that you were living together for more than a year it's good for them.
As far as your GF being sponsoring you, if you nor your GF have no kids, they don't care much about the income. You should check, however, if she can sponsor you while she's not working at ALL in canada.

2. You'll get it once you submit the application. We got ours with the 'sponsor approved' email.
3. The doctor sends it to them. You'll get a receipt signed from the Doc (can't remember which form), and you submit it with the application. The actual results are sent by the doc.
4. they will send the application to the visa office specified in your application.

Cheers.

Luisrjr

Apr 30, 2012
Hey, Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.

Also How long did it take you to get the visa? It says for the Office in Buenos Aires , it takes about 10 months, but I was wondering if it could be less than that.

THank you again.

emcanada

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-2011
Mine is taking more than 10 months, but others got theirs in less.
After sending about 4 emails they finally replied and said that they will contact me soon.