+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get PF Balance Certificate and A/C statement from PF OFFICE - INDIA

*Reni*

Oct 17, 2017
1. You will not be able to go directly to the person incharge so you will need to go in and ask the enquiry guys to give you details, you will be given an account section number. These guys are located on 1st floor.
2. You need to first submit your request with the letter attached in the first post. take a additional copy of the letter for receiving, a copy of PAN, adhaar and a print out of the online statement.
3. They gave me a statement of accounts along with a certificate on a letter head with the total amount in my PF account. WARNING: they might not mention the complete amount as they say the accounts for 2017-18 have not been finalized so they just mentioned 2016-17 and older account balance, which is not correct. So push them to mention the complete amount including 2017-18.

can be very exhausting so be ready for any type tricks they use to make you go away, if required go meet the commissioner directly, his PA helped in my case and got everything done from the cranky employee who was busy solving crossword and told that she is busy and can't give it on that day(even after a week).
Thank-you Kanu for all this helpful information. I submitted my request yesterday. Could you tell me the name and the designation of the officer who ultimately signed at the bottom of your PF statement and certificate ?

Last edited:

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank-you Kanu for all this helpful information. I submitted my request yesterday. Could you tell me the name and the designation of the officer who ultimately signed at the bottom of your PF statement and certificate ?
It was signed by assistant PF commissioner, I forgot the name and document is not with me right now.

tmadhu

Jun 16, 2018
Hi All,

Please help me, my PF account is from Bangalore, now i wanted to apply for PF certificate to show as POF, please guide me if i can get it from Hyderabad as i am currently living in here.

Vivek I S

Jun 28, 2018
Hello All,

I am planing to show EPF balance for Proof of fund, but my current organization has trust for EPF & my doubt is that can we show this as proof of fund like EPFO maintained by govt. If so then the process remains same or is it different..? Please clarify. Thanks.

Regards :: Vivek I S

Reactions: harshbrar13

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Hello friends,

Are there any people here who have successfully gotten pr using signed pf certificate and statement from pf office?

I know many people have submitted using the above and are waiting for PR but I wanted to know the success rate of submitting these documents. Therefore, I am only looking for responses from those who have already received pr using these docs under POF. I’ll appreciate if such people will share their experience so rest of us can confidently proceed with our papers.

Also, anyone here who submitted only the passbook from online and UAN copy from online without attestation and were successful in getting PR?I’ll appreciate if such people will share their experience so rest of us can confidently proceed with our papers.

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

Has anyone submitted the online passbook statement along with UAN without the attestation? And was that accepted?

Please suggest if we can submit without the attestation.

slackvillains

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
The more i read, the more i get confused. Could someone help?

I have 100% fund requirement as a part of my PF balance. Can i just use that ? is it there a limitation on the amount that can be shown as a part of my pf?

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Thanks a lot.

Could you please tell if "3.PF_Balance_Certificate.JPEG" This letter they will print themselves or we have to give them this format?

Narendraksah

Oct 25, 2018
Dear Aspirants,

*****This is for Employees working in India if they want to use their accumulated PF amount as PROOF OF FUNDS for CIC*****

We all know that CIC and SINP accept Employees' provident fund amount as proof of funds. But, I am not sure if CIC accepts online statements downloaded from EPF/UAN website because it will not have any attestation or digital signatures. So, I have gone through this procedure today to get my "Provident Fund Account Balance Certificate" and "Provident Fund Account Statement" directly from PF office in Hyderabad, India.

Here we go:

1. You need to write a letter to the Regional PF Commissioner requesting for these documents.
(Letter Specimen attached in the below link: **1.Request_Letter.jpg**)
2. You need to go to PF office where your PF account belongs to during weekdays (saturday and sunday are holidays) after 10:00 AM IST.
3. There would be a "Facilitation Center" or "Help Center" at the entrance for addressing daily visitors' requests. An official will listen to your request and provide necessary information. Please approach this official and show him your request letter and tell him what you need.
Important Note: If he says that no such letters/certificates will be provided in PF office, you can argue with him saying such letters are issued to my friends recently and also tell him that PF customer care suggested to get this letter from PF office directly. Then, he will shut his mouth and proceed further. It happened in my case.
4. He will then check all your details in his computer, once satisfied he will give you a receipt and asks you to go and meet Accounts officer in Accounts section.
(Receipt specimen attached in the below link: **2.Receipt.jpg**)
5. Then, you need to go and provide your request letter and receipt to the officer in-charge in Accounts section. He will scrutiny your account details and asks you to come and collect the letter and statement either on the same day or after a couple of days.

*******I have attached all the documents which you get from PF office in the below link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cck762oghhd4z04/AACA6MmTZIx3rtUzH4cZNIrPa?dl=0

Note:
* No cost is involved in this procedure and I did not pay a rupee to anyone in PF office.
* They will not attest the statement copies downloaded from UAN website. They have their own format.
* You might have to take leave for a day and then get this work done. So, plan properly.
* The officers in PF office do not know anything about proof of funds concept. You might have to explain them to get your work done smoothly. * They do not even have a format for PF balance certificate. Whatever you write in your request letter, they will replicate the same.
* Make sure you have "Authorized signatures and stamps" on the certificate/statements you get.
* You can download UAN ID card from UAN website and upload it along with these documents while applying for visa through eAPR.

If you need more details, please feel free to get in touch with me through this forum.

All the very best for your immigration.
Hey Dude,

Few fellows are saying there is percentage rule on required POF amount or EPF balance. Also few are discussing about employee and employer part also. Can you please share more insight into this?

Thanks,
Narendra

Narendraksah

Oct 25, 2018
Good Job Ramesh! really helpful.

I have submitted the online statement recently and no query received yet. let see if they asked for stamped one then your experience will be handy.

thanks
KK
Hi KK,

Few fellows are saying there is percentage rule on required POF amount or EPF balance. Also few are discussing about employee and employer part also. Can you please share more insight into this?

Also, did they accepted online statement?

Thanks,
Narendra

rajerevarora

Sep 14, 2018
Guys -

In my case, I had put lot of jugaad and got to speak to PF commissioner in Mumbai who told me that everything is available in the website managed by govt. of India, and that we should download and use it. The PF office has stopped issuing letters.

I explained to him the reason why I would need such a letter, to which he said I could download the PF statement from the website, and write a LOE mentioning the clause under which any PF account holder could withdraw his/her PF funds.

The clauses (SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER) are available here : http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

So,I prepared the LOE / PF Balance Certificate by my own and to be on a safe side, I got it notarized too.

I submitted this letter along with the PF statement. The format of the letter I prepared was like this :

The PF balance in respect of <PF Account holder name> bearing account number <PF Account Number> as on <Date> is :
EE Share : <Amount>
ER Share : <Amount>

Total amount available for withdrawal : <Amount>

*The amount can be withdrawn by the account holder under para 69 (1)(c) as specified in the table below :

WEBSITE REFERENCE - http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER:

THROUGH FORM No.19
Immediate settlement without waiting period of 2 months:

69(1)(a) Retirement after attaining 55 years of age.
69(1)(b) Retirement on account of total and permanent incapacity due to bodily or mental infirmity .
69(1)(d) Termination of service on retrenchment.
69(1)(dd) Termination on V.R.S
Note: For female members leaving service for the purpose of getting married; waiting period not applicable.
69(1)(c) Migration from India for permanent settlement abroad or taking employment abroad.

I suggest you use this template and try getting this on company letter head with HR dept stamp/sign. If they don't give it on the letterhead, atleast use a normal A4 sheet.
Make sure the statement along with the PF balance certificate is notarized regardless of HR signs on it or not.
Hello Rohit,

Did the above process worked for you. Can I print the letter myself and get it notarized without HR sign? Would it work?

Cooldeepu1

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Application filled on 2 nd November 2018 waiting hopefully for ITA in the next draw in November 18.
I just submitted the online statement attested by the PFO. It sailed through.
Did they accept the entire amount for your proof of funds?

Cooldeepu1

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Application filled on 2 nd November 2018 waiting hopefully for ITA in the next draw in November 18.