+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get PF Balance Certificate and A/C statement from PF OFFICE - INDIA

tahir.ur

Feb 27, 2018
Hi Ramesh

Thanks for the wonderful information, I stay in Bangalore and my PF office is in Gurgaon. Will not be possible to personally visit the PF office and get the balance certificate validated. Is it ok if I get the attestation from employer on my UAN member passbook?

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Anyone successful in getting a PR by submitting any of the following as proof of fund?

1. PF statement/passbook downloaded from EPFO website + UAN Card
2. PF statement/passbook downloaded from EPFO website and attested by PF Commissioner + UAN Card

Any experience in visiting PF office in KR Puram, Bangalore?
Hi Spectatur, Were you able to get PR using a PR visa

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So can anyone confirm if any of the below would work for POF?

OR
2. PF statement/passbook downloaded from EPFO website and attested by PF Commissioner + UAN Card

Please if someone with firsthand experience confirm if this was accepted as POF as I have some good money in this account which helps me in meeting my POF requirements.

bobbyanimo

Feb 16, 2018
Dear Aspirants,

*****This is for Employees working in India if they want to use their accumulated PF amount as PROOF OF FUNDS for CIC*****

We all know that CIC and SINP accept Employees' provident fund amount as proof of funds. But, I am not sure if CIC accepts online statements downloaded from EPF/UAN website because it will not have any attestation or digital signatures. So, I have gone through this procedure today to get my "Provident Fund Account Balance Certificate" and "Provident Fund Account Statement" directly from PF office in Hyderabad, India.

Here we go:

1. You need to write a letter to the Regional PF Commissioner requesting for these documents.
(Letter Specimen attached in the below link: **1.Request_Letter.jpg**)
2. You need to go to PF office where your PF account belongs to during weekdays (saturday and sunday are holidays) after 10:00 AM IST.
3. There would be a "Facilitation Center" or "Help Center" at the entrance for addressing daily visitors' requests. An official will listen to your request and provide necessary information. Please approach this official and show him your request letter and tell him what you need.
Important Note: If he says that no such letters/certificates will be provided in PF office, you can argue with him saying such letters are issued to my friends recently and also tell him that PF customer care suggested to get this letter from PF office directly. Then, he will shut his mouth and proceed further. It happened in my case.
4. He will then check all your details in his computer, once satisfied he will give you a receipt and asks you to go and meet Accounts officer in Accounts section.
(Receipt specimen attached in the below link: **2.Receipt.jpg**)
5. Then, you need to go and provide your request letter and receipt to the officer in-charge in Accounts section. He will scrutiny your account details and asks you to come and collect the letter and statement either on the same day or after a couple of days.

*******I have attached all the documents which you get from PF office in the below link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cck762oghhd4z04/AACA6MmTZIx3rtUzH4cZNIrPa?dl=0

Note:
* No cost is involved in this procedure and I did not pay a rupee to anyone in PF office.
* They will not attest the statement copies downloaded from UAN website. They have their own format.
* You might have to take leave for a day and then get this work done. So, plan properly.
* The officers in PF office do not know anything about proof of funds concept. You might have to explain them to get your work done smoothly. * They do not even have a format for PF balance certificate. Whatever you write in your request letter, they will replicate the same.
* Make sure you have "Authorized signatures and stamps" on the certificate/statements you get.
* You can download UAN ID card from UAN website and upload it along with these documents while applying for visa through eAPR.

If you need more details, please feel free to get in touch with me through this forum.

All the very best for your immigration.
Thanks a lot for your detailed info:)

bobbyanimo

Feb 16, 2018
So can anyone confirm if any of the below would work for POF?

OR

Please if someone with firsthand experience confirm if this was accepted as POF as I have some good money in this account which helps me in meeting my POF requirements.
Yes it's possible. Please read the first post.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes it's possible. Please read the first post.
I agree the PF statement/passbook downloaded from EPFO website and attested by PF Commissioner + UAN Card would work. But I want to understand if attestation necessary or will CIC accept PF statement/passbook downloaded from EPFO website + UAN Card with no attestation?

and also if this was accepted by CIC for POF as many people submitted them over and above their POF needed.

bobbyanimo

Feb 16, 2018
I agree the PF statement/passbook downloaded from EPFO website and attested by PF Commissioner + UAN Card would work. But I want to understand if attestation necessary or will CIC accept PF statement/passbook downloaded from EPFO website + UAN Card with no attestation?

and also if this was accepted by CIC for POF as many people submitted them over and above their POF needed.
I am not sure about that. I have to do mine. Someone who has already done should answer. :)

DELYYZ

Mar 19, 2018
Hello everyone. This is regarding a PR application from New Delhi, India. Had a few questions and would be grateful if fellow community members and friends could help out.
1. Me and my spouse have applied together - me being the primary applicant. Can I show my spouse's PF, PPF, FD as PoFs?
2. Do I have to submit an undertaking from the institution (bank, EPFO office etc) where my spouse's PF, PPF and FD is kept, that I have access to them?
3. When my spouse submits PPF, does my spouse have to show that I have access to PPF?
4. While submitting PF, does the online statement generated by Umang app (UAN website) work as PoF if submitted along with UAN card?
5. In case my spouse's PoF is accepted, can we only show PF + PPF + a few FDs together?

HKCAN

Sep 30, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Ramesh

Thanks for the wonderful information, I stay in Bangalore and my PF office is in Gurgaon. Will not be possible to personally visit the PF office and get the balance certificate validated. Is it ok if I get the attestation from employer on my UAN member passbook?
How did you make with the balance certificate , Can you please let me know, i am also in the same situation

Uma Mani

Nov 14, 2017
Hi guys,

Can epf amount be the main contribitor to my pof? Is there a limit for that? I am planning to use epf as the 90% contributor and gift deed for the rest.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So I finally got the required documents from EPFO office in Bengalore. It was really a hassle as they collected my request on 14th May and asked me to come after 1 week. Went today and as expected they had done nothing. Went to the accounts section and the lady there did not want to give me the documents today and asked to come tomorrow. Well I had no choice and had to use my contacts (via my father) to get these guys working.

So the lady gave me a certificate with complete amount in my EPF as previously she was only giving for 2016-17 contribution stating the accounts have not been finalized for 2017-18 but after some persuasion she agreed to write the complete amount in the certificate. Also got the account statements till date showing all the contributions.

Overall a little stressful but thanks to my fathers contacts in the PF office got this done finally. This amount constitutes of approx 40% of my PoF. Fingers crossed now.

*Reni*

Oct 17, 2017
So I finally got the required documents from EPFO office in Bengalore. It was really a hassle as they collected my request on 14th May and asked me to come after 1 week. Went today and as expected they had done nothing. Went to the accounts section and the lady there did not want to give me the documents today and asked to come tomorrow. Well I had no choice and had to use my contacts (via my father) to get these guys working.

So the lady gave me a certificate with complete amount in my EPF as previously she was only giving for 2016-17 contribution stating the accounts have not been finalized for 2017-18 but after some persuasion she agreed to write the complete amount in the certificate. Also got the account statements till date showing all the contributions.

Overall a little stressful but thanks to my fathers contacts in the PF office got this done finally. This amount constitutes of approx 40% of my PoF. Fingers crossed now.
Hi Kanu,
I have the same requirement from the EPFO office at K R puram.
1.Could you kindly direct me to which floor I need to go to and the person I need to meet?
2.What documents should I submit at the PF office to obtain the PoF certificate?
3.What all papers did they finally give you for PoF( statement/letter/certificate/UAN card)?
Your reply will be of great help
Kind Regards,
Reni.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Kanu,
I have the same requirement from the EPFO office at K R puram.
1.Could you kindly direct me to which floor I need to go to and the person I need to meet?
2.What documents should I submit at the PF office to obtain the PoF certificate?
3.What all papers did they finally give you for PoF( statement/letter/certificate/UAN card)?
Your reply will be of great help
Kind Regards,
Reni.
1. You will not be able to go directly to the person incharge so you will need to go in and ask the enquiry guys to give you details, you will be given an account section number. These guys are located on 1st floor.
2. You need to first submit your request with the letter attached in the first post. take a additional copy of the letter for receiving, a copy of PAN, adhaar and a print out of the online statement.
3. They gave me a statement of accounts along with a certificate on a letter head with the total amount in my PF account. WARNING: they might not mention the complete amount as they say the accounts for 2017-18 have not been finalized so they just mentioned 2016-17 and older account balance, which is not correct. So push them to mention the complete amount including 2017-18.

can be very exhausting so be ready for any type tricks they use to make you go away, if required go meet the commissioner directly, his PA helped in my case and got everything done from the cranky employee who was busy solving crossword and told that she is busy and can't give it on that day(even after a week).

Uma Mani

Nov 14, 2017
Hello Ramesh Ainam,
Thanks for the detailed information.. Can we show this statement as our primary source of fund? I heard that only some percent can be shown.. Has any one used this as main source and got PR? Th