+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get PF Balance Certificate and A/C statement from PF OFFICE - INDIA

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Hi, Can tax saving FDs be also shown as proof of funds? considering these have a 5 year lock in period in India?
only funds that can be liquidated at the click of a button, immediately and should not have any sort of lock-in are the ones eligible. this is also one of the reasons PPF is not accepted as proof of funds.

Gurikem

Nov 29, 2018
Guys -

In my case, I had put lot of jugaad and got to speak to PF commissioner in Mumbai who told me that everything is available in the website managed by govt. of India, and that we should download and use it. The PF office has stopped issuing letters.

I explained to him the reason why I would need such a letter, to which he said I could download the PF statement from the website, and write a LOE mentioning the clause under which any PF account holder could withdraw his/her PF funds.

The clauses (SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER) are available here : http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

So,I prepared the LOE / PF Balance Certificate by my own and to be on a safe side, I got it notarized too.

I submitted this letter along with the PF statement. The format of the letter I prepared was like this :

The PF balance in respect of <PF Account holder name> bearing account number <PF Account Number> as on <Date> is :
EE Share : <Amount>
ER Share : <Amount>

Total amount available for withdrawal : <Amount>

*The amount can be withdrawn by the account holder under para 69 (1)(c) as specified in the table below :

WEBSITE REFERENCE - http://epfdelhi.gov.in/employersbenefits.asp

SETTLEMENT UNDER PARA 69-TO MEMBER:

THROUGH FORM No.19
Immediate settlement without waiting period of 2 months:

69(1)(a) Retirement after attaining 55 years of age.
69(1)(b) Retirement on account of total and permanent incapacity due to bodily or mental infirmity .
69(1)(d) Termination of service on retrenchment.
69(1)(dd) Termination on V.R.S
Note: For female members leaving service for the purpose of getting married; waiting period not applicable.
69(1)(c) Migration from India for permanent settlement abroad or taking employment abroad.

I suggest you use this template and try getting this on company letter head with HR dept stamp/sign. If they don't give it on the letterhead, atleast use a normal A4 sheet.
Make sure the statement along with the PF balance certificate is notarized regardless of HR signs on it or not.
Thanks for the vital info..

The New Link is

https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_docs/PDFs/Downloads_PDFs/EPFScheme.pdf

and it clearly states :

69. Circumstances in which accumulations in the Fund are payable to a member (1) A member may withdraw the full amount standing to his credit in the Fund—

(a) On retirement from service after attaining of the age of 55 years: Provided that a member, who has not attained the age of 55 years at the time of termination of his service, shall also be entitled to withdraw the full amount standing to his credit in the Fund if he attains the age of 55 years before the payment is authorized;

(b) on retirement on account of permanent and total incapacity for work due to bodily or mental infirmity duly certified by the medical officer of the establishment, or where an establishment has no regular medical officer, by a registered medical practitioner designated by the establishment; (

c) immediately before migration from India for permanent settlement abroad [or for taking employment abroad];

So, EPF can be used as POF .. confirmed

Reactions: Amreeta

Ali Badar

Feb 19, 2019
Hi,

Has anybody of you went through the PR process with PF statement downloaded from UAN portal as Proof of Settlement Funds ?
Can we show the 100% of both Employee and Employer Share ?

Regards

Ali

The New Link is

and it clearly states :

69. Circumstances in which accumulations in the Fund are payable to a member (1) A member may withdraw the full amount standing to his credit in the Fund—

(a) On retirement from service after attaining of the age of 55 years: Provided that a member, who has not attained the age of 55 years at the time of termination of his service, shall also be entitled to withdraw the full amount standing to his credit in the Fund if he attains the age of 55 years before the payment is authorized;

(b) on retirement on account of permanent and total incapacity for work due to bodily or mental infirmity duly certified by the medical officer of the establishment, or where an establishment has no regular medical officer, by a registered medical practitioner designated by the establishment; (

c) immediately before migration from India for permanent settlement abroad [or for taking employment abroad];

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Giving back to the community.

UPDATE:
First hand report. I successfully got my PR in January 2019 using India EPFO statement as Proof of fund. Keep in mind that in my case I got a letter from the PF commissioner that the funds belong to me and there is no lien. Also, my entire fund requirement was not from EPF - It was only about 60% of the requirement.

Reactions: Audarya

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hi,

Has anybody of you went through the PR process with PF statement downloaded from UAN portal as Proof of Settlement Funds ?
Can we show the 100% of both Employee and Employer Share ?

Regards

Ali
Adding to your question.. even the pension fund compinent can also be added? anyone who applied please share your experience. There are three components basically. One is employer share employee share and pension component. Can all the three be shown as POF?

Nayanmoni

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
Nomination.....
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
19-09-2019
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2020

The New Link is

and it clearly states :

Hello,

I am hoping to get my query cleared here.

I have changed jobs and my pf accounts have also changed. Both are linked through the UAN no.
I have transferred funds from my previous account to new employer account. The passbook entry shows amount withdrawn (Employee Share + Employer Share) but the pension funds remains there. I want to know whether the contribution to pension is included in the PF amount or not?

e.g.:

PF Acct - 1
Employee Share = 0
Employer Share = 0
Pension = XX,XXX

PF Acct - 2
Employee Share = AA,AAA
Employer Share = BB,BBB
Pension = YY,YYY

Total PF balance = XX,XXX + AA,AAA + BB,BBB + YY,YYY ??????

asugan

Jun 16, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-01-2019
Med's Done....
15-02-2019
Employer Share + Employee share + Pension = Your total PF amount ; however, they [PF Office] won’t mention that amount as total withdrawable amount coz Tax deductions are applicable ( if the amount is more than 50k & If you had worked more than 5 years) If your have Linked your Pan Card to your PF account TDS deducted at 10% else 30% which is why the letter given by PF office will not mention the total withdrawable amount and this is one of the reasons why consultancies suggest to use 60% of your PF amount as PoF... Btw, Member Passbook is not always helpful.. I know someone who received PPR with downloaded PF member passbook as PoF but In my case, it went for review required since Apr 2019.. I had to visit the Regional PF office got the info similar to Member Passbook in a Letter head and got it attested by an Assistant PF Commissioner and sent the docs through web form. I only received an acknowledgment nothing about whether it is being accepted or rejected.. I have applied for GCMS notes last week.. If get any update, I’ll keep you posted...

I suggest you to not to download the Mme

Reactions: Nayanmoni

Nayanmoni

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
Nomination.....
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
19-09-2019
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2020
Employer Share + Employee share + Pension = Your total PF amount ; however, they [PF Office] won’t mention that amount as total withdrawable amount coz Tax deductions are applicable ( if the amount is more than 50k & If you had worked more than 5 years) If your have Linked your Pan Card to your PF account TDS deducted at 10% else 30% which is why the letter given by PF office will not mention the total withdrawable amount and this is one of the reasons why consultancies suggest to use 60% of your PF amount as PoF... Btw, Member Passbook is not always helpful.. I know someone who received PPR with downloaded PF member passbook as PoF but In my case, it went for review required since Apr 2019.. I had to visit the Regional PF office got the info similar to Member Passbook in a Letter head and got it attested by an Assistant PF Commissioner and sent the docs through web form. I only received an acknowledgment nothing about whether it is being accepted or rejected.. I have applied for GCMS notes last week.. If get any update, I’ll keep you posted...

I suggest you to not to download the Mme

Thank you for your response.

Amreeta

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019

The New Link is

and it clearly states :

This is really helpful. Thank you for the doc

harshbrar13

Sep 10, 2019
Hello All,

I am planing to show EPF balance for Proof of fund, but my current organization has trust for EPF & my doubt is that can we show this as proof of fund like EPFO maintained by govt. If so then the process remains same or is it different..? Please clarify. Thanks.

Regards :: Vivek I S

Hi Vivek,

I just wanted to check if you received any answer for your aforementioned query. I am facing the same problem, my current organization has a trust and they provide us with a detailed PDF of contributions made (both by employer and myself) every month. So can we use that document as Proof of funds.

MVK2019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hey Guys,

I'm going to share one valuable information to all.

https://epfigms.gov.in/

Go to this website and request you need PF balance certificate attested soft copy to below email address for particular PF number (where all cumulative amount resides) for immigration purpose.

Email address:xxxx

You would need UAN and registered mobile number OTP to do this.

By this way, you will get the PF balance certificate in 1 to 2 weeks.

I tried this and got it FYI

vijaykumar608

May 25, 2019
Hey Guys,

I'm going to share one valuable information to all.

https://epfigms.gov.in/

Go to this website and request you need PF balance certificate attested soft copy to below email address for particular PF number (where all cumulative amount resides) for immigration purpose.

Email address:xxxx

You would need UAN and registered mobile number OTP to do this.

By this way, you will get the PF balance certificate in 1 to 2 weeks.

I tried this and got it FYI
Thanks @MVK2019 ... For some reason, grievance link is not accepting my UAN. May be server down ... Will try tomorrow

Mar 13, 2019
Hi All,
Hope EPF is still accepted as proof of funds. Kindly update if there are any changes to this. Consulting org where I have asked help says that EPF cant be used unless we withdraw. Not sure what to do next. I received ITA recently and planning to apply for PR.

Regards, Sankar