+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure for obtaining transcripts from annauniversity for wes evaluationcanada

Dec 16, 2015
:)Thanks Raj.

Just a quick Question on "academic records request form". What should be doing with that form when university is already having an application for applying transcripts.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Srinivasan9759 said:
:)Thanks Raj.

Just a quick Question on "academic records request form". What should be doing with that form when university is already having an application for applying transcripts.
Some universities ask for this and some don't. This is not mandatory though. I submitted everything - just in case. You may choose to leave out the optional documentation.

Dec 16, 2015
Thanks again Raj.

1. Can I send mine and my spouse transcripts together in one envelop and mention both of ours reference no over the envelop. Or should I courier separately.

2. I am not using a consultant at present. Should I be using one?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Srinivasan9759 said:
Thanks again Raj.

1. Can I send mine and my spouse transcripts together in one envelop and mention both of ours reference no over the envelop. Or should I courier separately.

2. I am not using a consultant at present. Should I be using one?
1) No. You must send them separately.
2) No, you don't have to use consultants.

Achilles123

Jan 8, 2016
Thanks for the excellent posts rajkamal.

Below are my queries (sorry it might sound very silly), could you please suggest.

- I have completed B.E and M.E both in an affiliated college of Anna university. I am planning to get both of them evaluated by WES.

- From your posts and discussions,
I understand that I have to take 3 DD's [First DD for Rs.1000, the second one for Rs.400 and the third one for Rs.400] as I am applying for both BE and ME

Now when I go to the university,

- Should I carry two letters of request for WES request and Non-issuance ?
- Should I carry two forms for Academic Records Request form by WES?
- Should I request for two application forms from the person in the counter?

In short, should I repeat everything twice or how should this be handled.
Could you please shed some light on this?
Thanks in Advance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Achilles123 said:
Thanks for the excellent posts rajkamal.

Below are my queries (sorry it might sound very silly), could you please suggest.

- I have completed B.E and M.E both in an affiliated college of Anna university. I am planning to get both of them evaluated by WES.

- From your posts and discussions,
I understand that I have to take 3 DD's [First DD for Rs.1000, the second one for Rs.400 and the third one for Rs.400] as I am applying for both BE and ME

Now when I go to the university,

- Should I carry two letters of request for WES request and Non-issuance ?
- Should I carry two forms for Academic Records Request form by WES?
- Should I request for two application forms from the person in the counter?

In short, should I repeat everything twice or how should this be handled.
Could you please shed some light on this?
Thanks in Advance
I applied only for one degree so I am not very sure. Below are only my thoughts.

1) You need to have separate sets of DDs. Check with the university what is the procedure to apply for Master's transcripts. Take DDs accordingly.
2) Academic Records request form is optional. Anyway, if you are carrying it, carry one only. Because, after you get transcripts, you would be placing both the Bachelors and Masters transcript envelope into one BIG envelope. One form would suffice, IMO.
3) About the application forms - Tell the guy in the counter that you want the transcripts for both Bachelors and Masters. He can advise you better :) .

Good luck!

arjz87

Jan 28, 2016
Hi,

I am going start the Education evaluation from WES. I have got below doubts.

1) Should i have to pay and register for my spouse separately in WES site ?
2) How long does WES will take to validate the Education validation ??

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
arjz87 said:
Hi,

I am going start the Education evaluation from WES. I have got below doubts.

1) Should i have to pay and register for my spouse separately in WES site ?
2) How long does WES will take to validate the Education validation ??
1) Yes
2) 20 days is what they claim. I got mine in 8 days (in July 2015).

Achilles123

Jan 8, 2016
Hi,

I have the below query.

In my college certificates, my last name has only initial present.
For example, John Smith is written as John S in all my college certificates. (that is the pattern in our colleges)

But my passport, Express Entry application and WES application will have to be with my full name (as John Smith), as my pp also has the same.

Could you please let me know if I have to mention this short name (John S) in WES application under,
Were your documents issued under a different name?

Will it create any conflicts later ? Like When I fill my express entry applications, should I mention this under previous names used? Or it doesnt matter once WES accepts my qualifications?

Thanks in Advance.

yolo199

Feb 8, 2016
Hi all,

I have Bachelor's from Bharatiar University and Master's from Anna University. I got my Transcripts more than a year ago from both. I did not get them in sealed envelope. I still have that fiber cloth A4 envelope with out any seal on the flap. I gave only Rs 500 DD only that time.

i read this very useful link mentioned by some one here,
rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/how-to-get-transcripts-from-anna-university-chennai-for-wes/>

Based on what the link says, i
1.I just asked ony for transcripts, and did not request anna university fill the “Academic Records Request form” for WES

2. did not provide letter to WES “Non-issuance of transcripts for semester-wise mark sheets”

My Question .

1. Should i redo the whole process again ?
2. Is it possible get others by providing 2 DD's for 200 and sealed envelope. ( ie., “Academic Records Request Form” and the “Non issuance of semester-wise mark sheets letter” in an official Anna University Envelope and SIGN ON THE FLAP”. )

Moreover, i have all my originals in UAE now, Can someone suggest how to go about this ?.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yolo199 said:
Hi all,

I have Bachelor's from Bharatiar University and Master's from Anna University. I got my Transcripts more than a year ago from both. I did not get them in sealed envelope. I still have that fiber cloth A4 envelope with out any seal on the flap. I gave only Rs 500 DD only that time.

i read this very useful link mentioned by some one here,
rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/how-to-get-transcripts-from-anna-university-chennai-for-wes/>

Based on what the link says, i
1.I just asked ony for transcripts, and did not request anna university fill the “Academic Records Request form” for WES

2. did not provide letter to WES “Non-issuance of transcripts for semester-wise mark sheets”

My Question .

1. Should i redo the whole process again ?
2. Is it possible get others by providing 2 DD's for 200 and sealed envelope. ( ie., “Academic Records Request Form” and the “Non issuance of semester-wise mark sheets letter” in an official Anna University Envelope and SIGN ON THE FLAP”. )

Moreover, i have all my originals in UAE now, Can someone suggest how to go about this ?.
1) Academic records request form is not mandatory but you need a letter from Anna University that says it doesn't provide semester-wise mark sheets (and would provide only the consolidated mark sheet). This is how it works for a Bachelors degree; I am not sure if the same applies for a Masters degree.

2) I suggest you to get transcripts again. I believe your Masters from Anna University will be equivalent to a Canadian Masters. Use the equivalency tool here ---> http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

3) Anna University gives you the transcripts with a signature/seal on the flap (but in an open envelope). You are responsible for pasting the open side close and sending it to WES.

4) According to the new rules, if your Masters degree was obtained after a THREE year Bachelors (which I think is your case because you finished a degree from Bharathiyar University, then you need to send the transcripts of your bachelor's degree too (for Indian Applicants).

This is the verbiage on the WES site -

For all applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip earned on top of a three year Bachelor’s Degree (12+3+2) for evaluation, WES requires that you provide your Bachelor’s degree documents, otherwise WES cannot complete the evaluation.
Check this link ---> http://www.wes.org/ca/required/index.asp

5) If you don't provide the originals, Anna University will still process your application but they take one month to provide the transcripts instead of one week. I suggest you to send your documents through friends/relatives who might be visiting India.

JagSh

Mar 26, 2016
Hi Guys..
I have done my degree from Anna Malai University from Kuwait.
Now I need to do a Transcript Process for WES.

Does University charge in $ (dollers) for this process???

Because I have approached one of the agent who providing this paid service for those who are not in the country.
He sent me a quote which says University will charge around $ 250.

Pls. send your information n suggestion on this.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JagSh said:
Hi Guys..
I have done my degree from Anna Malai University from Kuwait.
Now I need to do a Transcript Process for WES.

Does University charge in $ (dollers) for this process???

Because I have approached one of the agent who providing this paid service for those who are not in the country.
He sent me a quote which says University will charge around $ 250.

Pls. send your information n suggestion on this.

Thanks
1) Check your university website OR
2) Call the university and ask OR
3) Call up any seniors/friends who might have got transcripts from your university

Check how much the actual quote is. $250 actually sounds ridiculous to me. I believe that the university will charge in local currency. Looks like the agent is trying to defraud you.

S Jagas 777

Jul 2, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Alright! I have confirmed with Avanti and the user has attested to the correctness of the content in these sample letters. I am posting these sample letters below so that you can go all prepared and you do not have to waste your time at the transcripts office.

Also, if you are applying through someone else, please do not forget the Authorization Letter. They may deny to give you the application form if the person you are sending does not have a authorization letter signed by you. Care! If you want a sample authorization letter, PM me.

Hope this helped!

Thanks,

Raj

S Jagas 777

Jul 2, 2016
Thanks for the posts Rajkamal they are very helpful

I need some clarification on how to get the "Non issuance of transcripts for semester wise mark sheets" letter from the University.
My degree is from Anna university Chennai but now i live in Canada. Do I need to provide a letter to Anna University requesting that "non issuance letter" or is there any other procedure?

I would appreciate any help on this regard..

Thank you in Advance...