+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure for obtaining transcripts from annauniversity for wes evaluationcanada

bharathi039

Feb 12, 2015
Hello,

I ran into some weird situation here -

I have just registered with WES and got the reference number. When I checked the status, it was rightly showing as 'Awaiting for document'. But, I haven't sent any documents to WES yet. I had only submitted the transcript request with Anna University with all required docs and DD. But, today I suddenly see the status is changed to 'Documents received - review in progress.'

I am not sure what's wrong with WES. Firstly, I haven't received the transcripts from university, but how come WES says document received? Does Anna University directly updates to WES based on Reference number we provide? Anyone please clarify on this.

Reactions: dharuna

Manivelu.ice

Mar 17, 2015
Hi my friend,
Actually i was in qatar but now i need apply PR for canada, but i hold my certificates is there any online procedure for applying transcript for degree certificates and individual mark sheets.Please do me the needful.

savioceg

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2015
AOR Received.
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Hi ,

I am currently in canada and in the process of updating my EE profile for PR . I would not be able to go in person to anna university to apply for my transcripts and i am planning to send my father on my behalf to get this process done , I understand that i need to authorize my father in the form of a letter to proceed. Would it be fine if i write a letter, sign it and send a scanned copy of the letter to my father ? considering the time delays in the physical letter being delivered to my father . Also , Could someone clarify if this can be obtained for immigration purposes? The pdf from Anna University COE says we need to provide them with an university that you are applying for .

I also went through a site named cleartranscrtipts.com which does this on your behalf and i am not sure if this reliable . Anybody who has gone through their process ?

Please clarify ..

Regards,
Savio

astroengineer

Jan 24, 2015
Kirubakar said:
Hi,

First I would like to thank you for sharing this piece of information.
There is just one confusion.

You have mentioned Request Letter in
b. World Education Service Procedure and
c. Notification for non issuance of semester wise mark sheet procedure

What is this request letter and what must be in the content of this letter?

Thanks in advance :)
You need to write two requisition letter one for filling WES form and other for non issuance of semester wise mark sheet. Regarding content write it in your own language, nobody sets hard and fast rules on content. Ask them if they have any model letter, they will provide one for your reference.

astroengineer

Jan 24, 2015
sathishjayaraj said:
Iam planning to create express entry profile and so I am planning to apply for wes evaluation.

I have graduation and post graduation in Engineering both from Anna University. B.E and M.E
Should I send separate transcripts to WES or combined one for both the degrees.

If I evaluate masters alone will that suffice?

Thanks for replies.
You have to apply transcript for both B.E and M.E(DD of Rs.1000). They will provide transcript in two sealed cover, put that in one single cover and send to WES

chennai22canada

Apr 8, 2015
tonyantony85 said:
Hi

Recently I applied for transcripts from annauniversity and send it to wes for canadian PR evaluation.This post will help candidates who are applying for WES ECA.

1.Go to annauniversity controller of examination transcripts section,Adyar chennai.

2.Before getting there take all necessary xerox copies,fullscape envelope as there are no xerox shops nearby.
There are 3 steps needed to complete WES procedure.

Applying for obtaining transcripts:
3.Application form from university
4.Take 500 Rs DD per set for applying transcripts in favor of "controller of examinations" payable at chennai.
5.You need to submit degree and consolidated marksheet original
6.Degree photocopy front and back as required.
7.ID proof (passport or license)-1 copy
8.Date of birth proof 10th or plus two-1 copy
9.passport size photo -1 copy
10.Fullscape envelop-1

World Education Service Procedure

11.Take 200 Rs DD per set in favor of "controller of examinations" payable at chennai.
12.WES Academic request form you can download from wes website-3 copies
13.College Transfer certificate-1 copy
14.Degree - 1 copy
15.Consolidated marksheet- 1 copy
16.Request letter -1

Notification for non issuence of semesterwise marksheet procedure

17.Take 200 Rs DD per set in favor of "controller of examinations" payable at chennai.
18.Degree - 1 copy
19.Consolidated marksheet- 1 copy
20.Request letter -1

General
21.Remember to note down the application number .This the only proof you have submitted the originals.
22.Write down the Name,College and branch,application number,Register number on backside of all DD,A3 fullscape cover as required .
23.After one week time you will receive the transcripts, wes application and non issuance of semesterwise marksheets letter in university sealed cover signed across the envelope along with your original degree and consolidated marksheet.
24, Then paste the envelope send it to Wes canada address .

Above steps i followed for obtaining the required documents.I am explaining in detail because candidates travel from various states and they will come to know about the required documents only when they reach the university.

Thank you tonyantony85 for this awesome post.I searched all over Google and your post was the most relevent and well explained.I just apllied today and I hope everything goes well when I go to collect the documents next week.I wanted to add some more thoughts based on my experience

1.The folks that sit at the Controller of Examinations (Anna University) office are very arrogant and are generally not helpful.You are expected to know and have all the documents required before you enter the premise.

2.There are no tables or proper chair in the Anna University Controller of Examinations office for you to sit down and fill out forms or arrange documents etc.I would suggest that you carry a pad just incase you have to write or sign on something.I have been to this office to apply for transcripts for my brother in the year 2010 and nothing has changed , it is one dirty,poorly maintained office.

3.Carry some plain white papers, at least one extra set of photocopies of all the documents.

4.The photocopie/xerox shop inside the campus is located behind the main canteen.It is quite far from the Controller of Examinations (Anna University) office and is always crowded.

5.You need two seperate request letters as mentioned in point 16 and 20.This request letter should be addressed to the Controller of Examinations,Anna University.Please mention your transcript application number,Anna University registration number,WES reference number on the request letters as applicable.

6.The Controller of Examinations (Anna University) office is open from 9 AM to 6 PM.The office is always busy and there would be atleast 3-5 pepole standing in a queue to apply for transcripts, so be early.

7.After you take the three DD'd be sure to write down the DD number, the date the DD was issued and the name of the bank for your future reference.You will also have to fill all this information along with the transcript application number on a register book kept in the office after you handover all the documents to them.I and all the other folks I saw did not have these details and had to bug the officer to give the DD back so as to fill the details on the register.

8.On the envelop (refer point 10) and behind your passport size photo (refer point 9) please mention your name, anna university registration number and transcript application number.

9.There is a cat that wanders inside the office.He is not friends and you should avoid trying to pet him :eek:

Let me know if you have any queries I will try to help :)

Rajeswari

Apr 12, 2015
chennai22canada said:
Thank you tonyantony85 for this awesome post.I searched all over Google and your post was the most relevent and well explained.I just apllied today and I hope everything goes well when I go to collect the documents next week.I wanted to add some more thoughts based on my experience

1.The folks that sit at the Controller of Examinations (Anna University) office are very arrogant and are generally not helpful.You are expected to know and have all the documents required before you enter the premise.

2.There are no tables or proper chair in the Anna University Controller of Examinations office for you to sit down and fill out forms or arrange documents etc.I would suggest that you carry a pad just incase you have to write or sign on something.I have been to this office to apply for transcripts for my brother in the year 2010 and nothing has changed , it is one dirty,poorly maintained office.

3.Carry some plain white papers, at least one extra set of photocopies of all the documents.

4.The photocopie/xerox shop inside the campus is located behind the main canteen.It is quite far from the Controller of Examinations (Anna University) office and is always crowded.

5.You need two seperate request letters as mentioned in point 16 and 20.This request letter should be addressed to the Controller of Examinations,Anna University.Please mention your transcript application number,Anna University registration number,WES reference number on the request letters as applicable.

6.The Controller of Examinations (Anna University) office is open from 9 AM to 6 PM.The office is always busy and there would be atleast 3-5 pepole standing in a queue to apply for transcripts, so be early.

7.After you take the three DD'd be sure to write down the DD number, the date the DD was issued and the name of the bank for your future reference.You will also have to fill all this information along with the transcript application number on a register book kept in the office after you handover all the documents to them.I and all the other folks I saw did not have these details and had to bug the officer to give the DD back so as to fill the details on the register.

8.On the envelop (refer point 10) and behind your passport size photo (refer point 9) please mention your name, anna university registration number and transcript application number.

9.There is a cat that wanders inside the office.He is not friends and you should avoid trying to pet him :eek:

Hi,
Thanks a lot Tonyantony85 and chennai22canada for this useful information. I have few queries.Your inputs would be of great help.
I did my masters in annauniversity. Is the procedure same for masters also? Do I have to get 'non-issuance of semester wise mark sheets' letter?
Do I have to send the attested copies of my mark sheets also to WES for evaluation or only Transcript, WES form attested, Letter(in-case if it is needed) is enough.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajeswari

stoms

Apr 29, 2015
Hi Tony,

I have a question regarding WES evaluation.

I did my 10th and 12th standard from Tamil Nadu. And my BTECH from Anna University.

How did you get your 10th and 12th documents evaluated for Express Entry program ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
stoms said:
Hi Tony,

I have a question regarding WES evaluation.

I did my 10th and 12th standard from Tamil Nadu. And my BTECH from Anna University.

How did you get your 10th and 12th documents evaluated for Express Entry program ?
Stoms ,
You DO NOT need to get your 10th and 12th marksheets evaluated for Express Entry. The transcripts of your B.Tech degree will suffice.

Reactions: junaidkamal

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello ,

I have a query here. Do I need to write my WES reference number on the photocopies of the documents(Consolidated Mark list/Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate) that I am providing to the University initially? ???

Quick reply will be appreciated. Thanks!

avantikrishnan

Apr 29, 2015
Thank you tonyantony85 & chennai22canada for elucidating the complete process on how to apply for the transcripts. I followed them to a T and my whole process was completed within an hour !

A applied for the transcripts on Wednesday & would be receiving the complete set this coming Wednesday. Compared to the delay that my husband is facing in Mumbai University, Anna University was seriously a breeze thanks to both of you! :)

Just adding on a few more points:

1. The entrance to this is before the Anna University bus stop when coming from Saidapet/Raj Bhavan side. I got thoroughly confused and landed up in the Kotturpuram entrance where the security personnel guided me here. There is a Sugarcane juice guy just next to the entrance and you will also see the board for the Canara bank ATM. As soon as you enter there is a temple to the left and just a little further down is the white building. You have to go to the transcripts section which is a small office behind this building
2. I went at around 12:00 in the afternoon. There were a few people as usual standing in the line, but they cleared by 12:20 and I was the only person standing in the queue. This helped a lot as I was able to clear a lot of my questions with the person at the window. And since I had all the relevant documents with me, he was all the more helpful !
3. As soon as you go in, talk to the official at the window . He will first want to see your main documents if everything is right, and ask if you have all the 3 DD's, photocopies etc. If he is satisfied, then he gives you a copy of the Transcript Application Form, which has the Application number on the top right. VERY IMP NO !
4. Also ask him for a model request letter and he will give you two sample reference letters - 1 letter is for requesting Anna university to issue the transcripts and the other letter is for requesting Anna University to issue a letter regarding the non-issuance of the semester wise mark sheets.
5. Write out the request letters, and fill in the application form. As Tony had mentioned in the earlier post, please mention your name, registration number(anna university) & transcript application form no on all 3 DD's, on the back of the passport size photograph & on the A3 envelope.
6. Fill out your personal details in the book next to the window as it is the sole record of you having visited the office to submit the documents.

Hope this is of help to the others who are also planning to apply ! :)

chennai22canada said:

Reactions: vrvinod89

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
avantikrishnan said:
Thank you tonyantony85 & chennai22canada for elucidating the complete process on how to apply for the transcripts. I followed them to a T and my whole process was completed within an hour !

A applied for the transcripts on Wednesday & would be receiving the complete set this coming Wednesday. Compared to the delay that my husband is facing in Mumbai University, Anna University was seriously a breeze thanks to both of you! :)

Just adding on a few more points:

1. The entrance to this is before the Anna University bus stop when coming from Saidapet/Raj Bhavan side. I got thoroughly confused and landed up in the Kotturpuram entrance where the security personnel guided me here. There is a Sugarcane juice guy just next to the entrance and you will also see the board for the Canara bank ATM. As soon as you enter there is a temple to the left and just a little further down is the white building. You have to go to the transcripts section which is a small office behind this building
2. I went at around 12:00 in the afternoon. There were a few people as usual standing in the line, but they cleared by 12:20 and I was the only person standing in the queue. This helped a lot as I was able to clear a lot of my questions with the person at the window. And since I had all the relevant documents with me, he was all the more helpful !
3. As soon as you go in, talk to the official at the window . He will first want to see your main documents if everything is right, and ask if you have all the 3 DD's, photocopies etc. If he is satisfied, then he gives you a copy of the Transcript Application Form, which has the Application number on the top right. VERY IMP NO !
4. Also ask him for a model request letter and he will give you two sample reference letters - 1 letter is for requesting Anna university to issue the transcripts and the other letter is for requesting Anna University to issue a letter regarding the non-issuance of the semester wise mark sheets.
5. Write out the request letters, and fill in the application form. As Tony had mentioned in the earlier post, please mention your name, registration number(anna university) & transcript application form no on all 3 DD's, on the back of the passport size photograph & on the A3 envelope.
6. Fill out your personal details in the book next to the window as it is the sole record of you having visited the office to submit the documents.

Hope this is of help to the others who are also planning to apply ! :)
Hi avantikrishnan ,

Thanks for the info ! If you could write sample letters for us here, it would be very useful and it'll save us ALL a lot of time. Thanks in advance!

- Raj

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Alright! I have confirmed with Avanti and the user has attested to the correctness of the content in these sample letters. I am posting these sample letters below so that you can go all prepared and you do not have to waste your time at the transcripts office.

Letter requesting transcripts and filling up of the WES Academic Records Request Form

Transcript Application Form Number:

From,
XXX (Anna University Reg. No: 000000000000)
IVB, YYY, ZZZ Address

To,
The Controller of Examinations
Anna University, Chennai
Chennai-25

Sub: Request to complete WES Academic Request form

Respected Sir,
I, XXX, bearing the Anna University Registration number - 000000000000, graduated from <College Name>, <College City> (Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai) hereby request the office of the Controller of Examinations, Anna University – Chennai to issue me one set of transcript in a sealed & signed official envelope to get my credentials evaluated by World Education Services (WES), Canada for the purpose of immigration to Canada.
I also humbly request you to complete, seal and sign the “WES Academic Records Request Form” and place it along with my transcripts in the envelope. My WES reference number is XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Thanking You,

Yours Truly,

XXX
Req for non-issuance of sem wise marksheets

Transcript Application Form Number:

From,
The Controller of Examinations
Anna University, Chennai - 25

To,
Whomsoever it may concern

Sub: Non-issuance of transcript for Semester-wise mark sheets

Sir/Madam,

This is to inform that we, at Anna University – Chennai DO NOT issue the transcripts for semester-wise mark sheets. We only provide transcripts for the consolidated mark sheet of the candidate. The WES reference number of the candidate (XXX) as provided by him is XXXXXXXXXX.

Thanking You,

Yours Truly,
Also, if you are applying through someone else, please do not forget the Authorization Letter. They may deny to give you the application form if the person you are sending does not have a authorization letter signed by you. Care! If you want a sample authorization letter, PM me.

Hope this helped!

Thanks,

Raj

Vaisakh4u

May 20, 2015
Hi

I have some doubts about applying for Transcript in Anna university.I'm graduated from a college affiliated to Anna university Coimbatore in 2011.But in September 2011 this university is merged to Anna university Chennai,So now their is no such university called Anna university Coimbatore. What should i do to get my Transcript?Can i apply for it in Anna university Chennai COE office?Do they give any letter mentioning that Anna university Chennai and Anna university Coimbatore is Same.? Please reply guys!!

Thanks & Regards
Vaisakh

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Vaisakh4u said:
Hi

I have some doubts about applying for Transcript in Anna university.I'm graduated from a college affiliated to Anna university Coimbatore in 2011.But in September 2011 this university is merged to Anna university Chennai,So now their is no such university called Anna university Coimbatore. What should i do to get my Transcript?Can i apply for it in Anna university Chennai COE office?Do they give any letter mentioning that Anna university Chennai and Anna university Coimbatore is Same.? Please reply guys!!

Thanks & Regards
Vaisakh
You have to get the transcripts from Anna University, Chennai only!