Munaf2018

Jul 9, 2018
Kitchener
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
missussaga
Good morning
I have received a letter by CIC called " Procedural Fairness ". and I'm a little nervous after reading all these information and how the potential to refuse my file.

I'm sponsoring my wife, she reside in one of Scandinavian countries and I work in Canada. two years ago we were met online through a mutual friend " my cousin " and our relation had grown and within a year, I flew three time to visit her and we ended up getting married.

I have had written a letter in the beginning of my relation and I only briefly explained how we met. however, I did send 30 pictures of our wedding and unfortunately few guests were at wedding.

now, the officer has sent us the Procedural Fairness after 7 months from our first applying, the letter indicating 4 things must be submitted by the applicant " my wife " and one thing from the sponsor " myself "

1- they requested my photos, emails, phone bills from our first communications especially the one from social media. the issue we do have photos together when I visited her. but we kept our privacy and we didn't share anything on social media. we both upgraded our phone and we are unable to bring back the first communications. however, we found few conversations and like other 4 random pictures.

2- the officer requested an notarized affidavit from the person who introduced us and when they knew us and why they did introduce us .
3- sending a renewal documents in regards her residency in that country and a copy of her extended travel document. we did submit these documents 3 months ago but it seemed they never received it.
4- an explanation letter to the applicant " the wife " on how the relation rapidly developed in only 3 visit, why the wedding was such small ceremony and few guests ?

5- a letters to support the relationships from family and friends attesting when they knew about our relationship and what they knew about it, these letters must be accompanied by a copy of their ID and be signed.

all of these must be done and sent within 30 days. the update that CIC didn't know about, that I made another two visits where I had to take my wife for vocation in Europe. I can provide all what he requested and also shower him with many evidence how family and friends are recognized my genuine marriage and my relation. the only ONE thing that I can't provide is the first communications logs and the social media part. The questions is; would he still not convinced if I sent him all of these required documents and a letter to explain how we lost first communications chat and the reasons why we didn't use social media !

please I would like you provide me what else should I do, as I'm looking on one single goal which is I MUST GET IT APPROVED. because it's very draining if we didn't.

thank you

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
We don’t know what the officer will think of your evidence.

However, whatever you don’t have explain why. Maybe include a screenshot of your social media to show that you don’t share much personnal information. Maybe you could obtain your phone bills from your phone company. If you are using whatsapp, I still have conversations from my old phone.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Good morning
I have received a letter by CIC called " Procedural Fairness ". and I'm a little nervous after reading all these information and how the potential to refuse my file.

I'm sponsoring my wife, she reside in one of Scandinavian countries and I work in Canada. two years ago we were met online through a mutual friend " my cousin " and our relation had grown and within a year, I flew three time to visit her and we ended up getting married.

I have had written a letter in the beginning of my relation and I only briefly explained how we met. however, I did send 30 pictures of our wedding and unfortunately few guests were at wedding.

now, the officer has sent us the Procedural Fairness after 7 months from our first applying, the letter indicating 4 things must be submitted by the applicant " my wife " and one thing from the sponsor " myself "

1- they requested my photos, emails, phone bills from our first communications especially the one from social media. the issue we do have photos together when I visited her. but we kept our privacy and we didn't share anything on social media. we both upgraded our phone and we are unable to bring back the first communications. however, we found few conversations and like other 4 random pictures.

2- the officer requested an notarized affidavit from the person who introduced us and when they knew us and why they did introduce us .
3- sending a renewal documents in regards her residency in that country and a copy of her extended travel document. we did submit these documents 3 months ago but it seemed they never received it.
4- an explanation letter to the applicant " the wife " on how the relation rapidly developed in only 3 visit, why the wedding was such small ceremony and few guests ?

5- a letters to support the relationships from family and friends attesting when they knew about our relationship and what they knew about it, these letters must be accompanied by a copy of their ID and be signed.

all of these must be done and sent within 30 days. the update that CIC didn't know about, that I made another two visits where I had to take my wife for vocation in Europe. I can provide all what he requested and also shower him with many evidence how family and friends are recognized my genuine marriage and my relation. the only ONE thing that I can't provide is the first communications logs and the social media part. The questions is; would he still not convinced if I sent him all of these required documents and a letter to explain how we lost first communications chat and the reasons why we didn't use social media !

please I would like you provide me what else should I do, as I'm looking on one single goal which is I MUST GET IT APPROVED. because it's very draining if we didn't.

thank you
How can anyone tell you how the officer will perceive your evidence? You need to send everything you can in order to convince them.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Did you only send photo of wedding instead of photo of you two with families and friends over a period of time?
The photos are suppose to show how your relationship develop. Instead of just the wedding.
You need to find all possible proof because now IRCC is having doubt on your relationship.

Zambezi

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
An explanation letter to the applicant " the wife " on how the relation rapidly developed in only 3 visit, why the wedding was such small ceremony and few guests ?
I noticed from your post history that your wife is Palestinian. IRCC considers it a red flag if weddings don't conform with typical marriage customs of your/your spouse's cultures/countries of origin. If you had a small wedding and/or didn't have components of the ceremony which IRCC would view as "traditional" within your cultural background, make sure to provide an explanation of the reasoning to help support your case.

Reactions: Munaf2018

Munaf2018

Jul 9, 2018
Kitchener
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
missussaga
Did you only send photo of wedding instead of photo of you two with families and friends over a period of time?
The photos are suppose to show how your relationship develop. Instead of just the wedding.
You need to find all possible proof because now IRCC is having doubt on your relationship.
Very true..I did send lots of wedding pics and few pics when I went to visit.

Munaf2018

Jul 9, 2018
Kitchener
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
missussaga
I noticed from your post history that your wife is Palestinian. IRCC considers it a red flag if weddings don't conform with typical marriage customs of your/your spouse's cultures/countries of origin. If you had a small wedding and/or didn't have components of the ceremony which IRCC would view as "traditional" within your cultural background, make sure to provide an explanation of the reasoning to help support your case.
It's hard now these days celebrating the wedding with cultural clothing. But you made a point.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your case will have more scrutiny because your wife's immigration status. I assume she applied for asylum but seem she has been denied asylum but given temporary permission to remain in Denmark. There is quite a lot of brokering being done to secure immigration status through marriage. They are asking for more info about how you were introduced how they knew both of you , etc. to figure out how much immigration had to do with the marriage. Often concerns about more of an arranged marriage are counterbalanced by large traditional celebrations. In general it is hard to know whose marriages are real and whether both parties willingly entered the marriage. CIC is just trying to do there best.

What happens if you are not approved. You can appeal of you should try and move to Denmark.

Reactions: lion.com

Munaf2018

Jul 9, 2018
Kitchener
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
missussaga
Actually she was
Your case will have more scrutiny because your wife's immigration status. I assume she applied for asylum but seem she has been denied asylum but given temporary permission to remain in Denmark. There is quite a lot of brokering being done to secure immigration status through marriage. They are asking for more info about how you were introduced how they knew both of you , etc. to figure out how much immigration had to do with the marriage. Often concerns about more of an arranged marriage are counterbalanced by large traditional celebrations. In general it is hard to know whose marriages are real and whether both parties willingly entered the marriage. CIC is just trying to do there best.

What happens if you are not approved. You can appeal of you should try and move to Denmark.[/QUOT

Actually she was approved for Asylum status before I even met her. And we did explain that her attention was never to move to Denmark because she devoted herself to learn their language and also to be with her family. I moved there in Denmark after we got married but I was unable to find a job and because of the language barrier I found so difficult for me to obtain the living in Denmark. I had to explain that to the officer after the fairness letter. Also, I sent them a copy of the Danish immigration department how they changed her status from one year resident to permenant. I did explain to the officer that it was so difficult for me to convince my wife to move to Canada. I have sent him 30 pages of daily chat. History of social media, fincial support that I send every month to her. Emails, pictures of vacation that we just had in Italy and Swisland, Landlord lease agreement have both of us signed. Life insurance policy and her name is the banficial. Also, copy of flying tickets and hotels. As well as I sent a notarized affidavit by the person who did introduced us explain how and why they did introduced us to each other. And 8 letters from friends and family with their IDs explain when they knew about my relation and what they knew. I understand the officer point. However, her Danish residency got nothing to do with the genuineness of the relation. He is more concern about how our relation was developed within three visit. Well we had to explain to him our cultural tradition as well as our budget.

Munaf2018

Jul 9, 2018
Kitchener
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
missussaga
Actually she was approved for Asylum status before I even met her. And we did explain that her attention was never to move to Denmark because she devoted herself to learn their language and also to be with her family. I moved there in Denmark after we got married but I was unable to find a job and because of the language barrier I found so difficult for me to obtain the living in Denmark. I had to explain that to the officer after the fairness letter. Also, I sent them a copy of the Danish immigration department how they changed her status from one year resident to permenant. I did explain to the officer that it was so difficult for me to convince my wife to move to Canada. I have sent him 30 pages of daily chat. History of social media, fincial support that I send every month to her. Emails, pictures of vacation that we just had in Italy and Swisland, Landlord lease agreement have both of us signed. Life insurance policy and her name is the banficial. Also, copy of flying tickets and hotels. As well as I sent a notarized affidavit by the person who did introduced us explain how and why they did introduced us to each other. And 8 letters from friends and family with their IDs explain when they knew about my relation and what they knew. I understand the officer point. However, her Danish residency got nothing to do with the genuineness of the relation. He is more concern about how our relation was developed within three visit. Well we had to explain to him our cultural tradition as well as our budget.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I pointed out general concerns. If she was approved for full asylum that will lead to citizenship and not a limited stay situation, like before, that will reassure CIC. Your attempts to move to Denmark will also be positive for your case but not sure how long you actually stayed and dedicated to finding employment in Denmark or close EU countries. You mention budget and stability. A job and financially stability is helpful. Although there is no income requirement you do have to show you can support yourselves. It is very valid to say that for financial reasons I was not able to travel as often as desired or have a large wedding.

There have been many asylum seekers who have been denied in the EU who are trying to move to Canada so CIC is just asking more questions. I hope things go well. Luckily you have options. You could always return Europe and either live with your wife while she supports you or move to an area where English will be enough to get a job. Then you could try sponsorship after a year. Many idon'thave options.

Reactions: Buletruck

Munaf2018

Jul 9, 2018
Kitchener
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
missussaga
I stayed in Denmark for two months after we got married as I promised my wife to find a job and get settle there. However, I was unable to find a job there, especially I had some of abligations in Canada. These were some of the reasons why I couldn't extend my staying there and to find a job. I totally get your point in regards their Aslyum status. I had to return because I was in process to be an RCMP officer and I mentioned that in my recent updates. Fincially I have my own full time work as well as I can afford to travel to see my wife every three months. So this is not a major issue. When I said the budget. I meant by instead invite many to the wedding. We saved that money and we made a road trip in Europe as a honeymoon.
I pointed out general concerns. If she was approved for full asylum that will lead to citizenship and not a limited stay situation, like before, that will reassure CIC. Your attempts to move to Denmark will also be positive for your case but not sure how long you actually stayed and dedicated to finding employment in Denmark or close EU countries. You mention budget and stability. A job and financially stability is helpful. Although there is no income requirement you do have to show you can support yourselves. It is very valid to say that for financial reasons I was not able to travel as often as desired or have a large wedding.

There have been many asylum seekers who have been denied in the EU who are trying to move to Canada so CIC is just asking more questions. I hope things go well. Luckily you have options. You could always return Europe and either live with your wife while she supports you or move to an area where English will be

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you a PR or citizen? I hope you didn't file for sponsorship and then go to Denmark if you are a PR. Your application is inky at the 8 month mark so is actually moving quickly,