+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness

Fishanzi

Nov 28, 2023
Is your spouse being truthful to you and has never married? Did you fill out and submit the documents or did your spouse?

If he is being truthful and never been married before, respond that:

- the PR forms submitted state he has never been married. Take picture to include that original document submitted stating that he has never married.
- if he did tick off that he was divorced then he must explain why
I did fill out the forms since I'm(Outside Canada). But he was on call as well while filling in the forms. On the document checklist IMM5533 and IMM 5532 when asked if he's been married before Or ever been in a common law relationship, he said NO. But I don't know why they asked for the Divorce Certificate which my husband doesn't have. My husband says he has never been married before and his first marriage was to me (His Current wife)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did fill out the forms since I'm(Outside Canada). But he was on call as well while filling in the forms. On the document checklist IMM5533 and IMM 5532 when asked if he's been married before Or ever been in a common law relationship, he said NO. But I don't know why they asked for the Divorce Certificate which my husband doesn't have. My husband says he has never been married before and his first marriage was to me (His Current wife)
So that is how you respond.

Fishanzi

Nov 28, 2023
So that is how you respond.
No, that's not how I responded to them please. I've been explaining to you on the question you asked. But when I hired an immigration lawyer, he made me a draft explaining everything and my husband as well wrote a letter explaining to them that he was never married before and such do not need a divorce certificate and as well took that letter to the Notary Public.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, that's not how I responded to them please. I've been explaining to you on the question you asked. But when I hired an immigration lawyer, he made me a draft explaining everything and my husband as well wrote a letter explaining to them that he was never married before and such do not need a divorce certificate and as well took that letter to the Notary Public.
You never said you had a lawyer which was the best idea. So you have responded appropriately.

Fishanzi

Nov 28, 2023
You never said you had a lawyer which was the best idea. So you have responded appropriately.
Yeah, the moment I got that PFL i sharedearlier, I and my husband were totally confused, so we hired an immigration lawyer to help us out on how to reply which we did. The lawyer helped me write ✍ a letter, which I explained that my husband has never been married before. And then, my husband as well wrote an affidavit swearing and explaining himself that he was never married before (to the mother of his son who was just a girl friend and where never in a marriage like situation for 1 year or more or Common law relationship and they never cohabitated so the the Divorce Certificate don't exist) and then after, he took his letter/affidavit to the Notary Public.

It's now been three weeks, there's no response from the IRCC. I'm in my forth week. So I'm patiently waiting.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah, the moment I got that PFL i sharedearlier, I and my husband were totally confused, so we hired an immigration lawyer to help us out on how to reply which we did. The lawyer helped me write ✍ a letter, which I explained that my husband has never been married before. And then, my husband as well wrote an affidavit swearing and explaining himself that he was never married before (to the mother of his son who was just a girl friend and where never in a marriage like situation for 1 year or more or Common law relationship and they never cohabitated so the the Divorce Certificate don't exist) and then after, he took his letter/affidavit to the Notary Public.

It's now been three weeks, there's no response from the IRCC. I'm in my forth week. So I'm patiently waiting.
So you did the right thing. There are no timelines for response from IRCC. It can take a few weeks or many months.

Fishanzi

Nov 28, 2023
Thank you dear. I'm praying that
So you did the right thing. There are no timelines for response from IRCC. It can take a few weeks or many months.
Thank you dear, I'm currently praying that my application is approved and granted a visa. Thank you for your positive replies Naturgrl

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018

Did you husband and the mother of the child ever lived together for one year?

Fishanzi

Nov 28, 2023
Did you husband and the mother of the child ever lived together for one year?
Hello please, No they didn't live together for a year or more. They lived together less than a year. And also my husband got custody of his son along time ago. The mother of his son was just a girlfriend whom he made pregnant, cared for her pregnancy until she gave birth to his son but they never lived together in a marriage like situation Or in a common law relationship and never cohabitated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello please, No they didn't live together for a year or more. They lived together less than a year. And also my husband got custody of his son along time ago. The mother of his son was just a girlfriend whom he made pregnant, cared for her pregnancy until she gave birth to his son but they never lived together in a marriage like situation Or in a common law relationship and never cohabitated.
Was your husband living in his home country when he had a child with his girlfriend? Is she from then same country? Is it common to have a child out of wedlock in that country? In some countries it would not be socially acceptable so it would be assumed people would get married if a woman go pregnant that could be leading the accusation that he was previously married. What country are they from?

Fishanzi

Nov 28, 2023
Was your husband living in his home country when he had a child with his girlfriend? Is she from then same country? Is it common to have a child out of wedlock in that country? In some countries it would not be socially acceptable so it would be assumed people would get married if a woman go pregnant that could be leading the accusation that he was previously married. What country are they from?
Hey please, : They're both from Canada ( I mean my husband and his former girlfriend). And the baby was born in Canada as well. That's why my husband got confused when I (his wife) recieved a PFL asking for his Divorce Certificate yet he's never married before.

In every country, there many people who get pregnant when not married. As in, I can just be a girlfriend to someone, then I get pregnant without being married or in a common law relationship. So that's common in every country.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hey please, : They're both from Canada ( I mean my husband and his former girlfriend). And the baby was born in Canada as well. That's why my husband got confused when I (his wife) recieved a PFL asking for his Divorce Certificate yet he's never married before.

In every country, there many people who get pregnant when not married. As in, I can just be a girlfriend to someone, then I get pregnant without being married or in a common law relationship. So that's common in every country.
It could be a mistake on IRCC. :(
If he has never been married, then there is no divorce certificate.

Fishanzi

Nov 28, 2023
It could be a mistake on IRCC. :(
If he has never been married, then there is no divorce certificate.
Yes, I think they made a mistake as well. Because my husband has consistently told me ever since I met him in 2017 that he was never married before even though he has a son. But after receiving that PFL from IRCC asking for Divorce Certificate from my husband, my husband was confused of what the IRCC was asking him so, we hired an immigration lawyer to help us on a draft and explain everything properly. I did my explanation in a letter and my husband did the same as well but he (my husband's) took his letter to a Notary public to be notarized.
Hopefully IRCC realizes their mistake and we get a positive response from them.

topsied12

Sep 28, 2023

please can I have the contact of your lawyer I’m having similar issues