+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
i Received My Passport Without Visa Stamp And Even I Didn't Receive Any Refusal Letter What Is Going On?
So as others have asked, what exactly did the PFL say? Having received a PFL, it’s highly unlikely you’ll get a “stamp” until the issue is resolved.

bama1

Jul 7, 2021
So as others have asked, what exactly did the PFL say? Having received a PFL, it’s highly unlikely you’ll get a “stamp” until the issue is resolved.
it Says That I Have Been Found Lying In The Application Form.
It Is For Not declaring previous refusals.
I Recieved PFL After Passport Request On April And I Have aready Response It On That Time On April.
NoW I Received my Passport Without Stamp And Also Without A Refusal Letter. What Is Happening With IRCC? do Somethimes Happen Like Thise? And What Does it Means am i banned?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
It would not hurt but it is not necessary.
Hi Diana,

Hope you are doing well. On July 6, I have responded to my wife's PFL for misrepresentation that was received on July 3. According to my GCMS notes, the officer received the response on July 13 and it was added to the file. But I still have not received any updates. The stipulated time given for me to respond to the PFL Was 60 days.

So, I read something on the IRCC website under Procedural Fairness.

Apparently, IRCC cannot make a decision on the application before the stipulated time given for response has passed.

For example, if PFL says you have 30 days to respond, they cannot make a decision on the file even if you sent the response in the first 10 days, since they are giving you the full 30 days to send in any documents you want.

In my case, the 60 days ends on September 2, and I also saw a due date of Sept 2 on my GCMS under the update where the response was received.
Am I correct in assuming that my visa officer will look at my response after September 2 and make a decision?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Diana,

Hope you are doing well. On July 6, I have responded to my wife's PFL for misrepresentation that was received on July 3. According to my GCMS notes, the officer received the response on July 13 and it was added to the file. But I still have not received any updates. The stipulated time given for me to respond to the PFL Was 60 days.

So, I read something on the IRCC website under Procedural Fairness.

Apparently, IRCC cannot make a decision on the application before the stipulated time given for response has passed.

For example, if PFL says you have 30 days to respond, they cannot make a decision on the file even if you sent the response in the first 10 days, since they are giving you the full 30 days to send in any documents you want.

In my case, the 60 days ends on September 2, and I also saw a due date of Sept 2 on my GCMS under the update where the response was received.
Am I correct in assuming that my visa officer will look at my response after September 2 and make a decision?
You've mostly got it right.

Generally speaking this means that the officer won't look at your application again until September 2nd. However this doesn't mean they will make a decision right on September 2nd. They might - or it might take longer. Good luck.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
You've mostly got it right.

Generally speaking this means that the officer won't look at your application again until September 2nd. However this doesn't mean they will make a decision right on September 2nd. They might - or it might take longer. Good luck.
That's fair.

I'm seeing a bunch of applicants with similar timelines as me getting DM and PPR.

Of course, they don't have a PFL. In my case, I guess it's fruitless to keep checking GCkey everyday for ghost updates until September 2 then :(

Thanks for your response :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's fair.

I'm seeing a bunch of applicants with similar timelines as me getting DM and PPR.

Of course, they don't have a PFL. In my case, I guess it's fruitless to keep checking GCkey everyday for ghost updates until September 2 then :(

Thanks for your response :)
Yes, unfortunately your application is now non-standard because of the PFL which automatically means longer processing times. Save yourself the stress and don't compare yourself to others with straight-forward applications.

It can sometimes take many months to receive a decision after a PFL. Other times it happens within weeks. Be prepared that there may be quite a wait.

Good luck again.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Yes, unfortunately your application is now non-standard because of the PFL which automatically means longer processing times. Save yourself the stress and don't compare yourself to others with straight-forward applications.

It can sometimes take many months to receive a decision after a PFL. Other times it happens within weeks. Be prepared that there may be quite a wait.

Good luck again.
Yes unfortunately.

On the bright side, I have confirmed from my GCMS and also on call with IRCC that my file has been processed completely (Passed) - and the only outstanding item is the PFL response.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018

Good luck again.
One last question -

They have given us 60 days to respond. Is that normal? I have seen 30 days given to some people and 40 days to others.

Is the duration based on the officer's mind or does that imply that it is a more serious case than the people that get 30 days?

I know someone else with the exact same case of PFL that was given 30 days by LondonVO. Mine came from Ottawa VO.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
in a case where the sponsor lives outside Canada, has any applicant (spouse) received anything like this recently:
the IRCC officer is not satisfied that the sponsor will establish residence in Canada if the applicant is granted PR status

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One last question -

They have given us 60 days to respond. Is that normal? I have seen 30 days given to some people and 40 days to others.

Is the duration based on the officer's mind or does that imply that it is a more serious case than the people that get 30 days?

I know someone else with the exact same case of PFL that was given 30 days by LondonVO. Mine came from Ottawa VO.
I don't know the answer to this question. I have seen both 30 and 60 day durations on the PFL. What was the reason for the PFL you received? Was it failing to declare a previous refusal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
in a case where the sponsor lives outside Canada, has any applicant (spouse) received anything like this recently:
the IRCC officer is not satisfied that the sponsor will establish residence in Canada if the applicant is granted PR status
Yes, we've seen this before on the forum. There are a few separate threads that discuss these circumstances in detail and how people responded. I don't know how easy it would be to find these threads.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you mean received this as a formal PFL or just as a request for more information?

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Yes, we've seen this before on the forum. There are a few separate threads that discuss these circumstances in detail and how people responded. I don't know how easy it would be to find these threads.
how do u rate the chances of approval after replying to the officer?