+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
It is worth speaking to a lawyer (I was going to make the same comment as @charliem above, that you will need specifics and not just wikipedia summaries).

I would speak to a lawyer ASAP - because there are nuances here (depending on when Taiwan started allowing foreign nationals to marry and when you filed, perhaps some argument), or about how to handle things such that you don't have to start over from scratch (eg could you fly to Taiwan immediately and advise IRCC, or ask for a delay, or I don't know)...

Of course if you are okay with getting rejected and starting over, fine, just that it likely does mean the whole process over again. (You can hope they would handle quickly because already seen some info but no guarantee of that)

Anyway, good luck. At least you do have a very viable option even if inconvenient (getting married in Taiwan).

Side note: nothing wrong with applying for TRV again. Sure, it might get rejected again, but it's not that expensive to apply and sometimes IRCC is nice (perhaps unintentionally but it does happen).
Thanks Armoured for the reply and suggestion. Definitely will look for immigration lawyer. We just readying ourselves for any possible outcome. Applying TRV again also is an option. Wish us luck.