+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

khan2019

Jun 16, 2018
Guys, I am in a big trouble, do need your kind suggestions:

I and my wife had temporary visa refusal records to Canada and USA. I applied PNP program. In the PNP program, IMM5669 form is required and mandatory. I have stated that we have visa refusal records. Our PNP was approved, that's why we can apply EE here. I guess I was quite careless that after ITA, there was question check box to ask if we have any prior visa refusal history. I can not recall it, but it seems that I wrongly ticked 'No'.

Today, I have received a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) from LVO, the letter states that:
Specifically, I have concerns that you misrepresented your and your spouse’s past visa application history. In the application form, both you and your spouse responded No to the questions which asks, have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever:
Been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Furthermore, you and your spouse have not declared all of your activities, both educational and work related, since the age of 18.
Please submit a separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years). Do not leave any gaps.

This is defnitely not a misrepresentation, I swear it was caused by my negligence because I was distracted by babysitting my daughters when filling and submitting the form.

What should I do, please help. Any suggestion would be highly recommended.

BTW, today my status entered IP2. But not a smooth way.
Have u got any updates? Plz share ur updated situation

khan2019

Jun 16, 2018
Guys, I am in a big trouble, do need your kind suggestions:

I and my wife had temporary visa refusal records to Canada and USA. I applied PNP program. In the PNP program, IMM5669 form is required and mandatory. I have stated that we have visa refusal records. Our PNP was approved, that's why we can apply EE here. I guess I was quite careless that after ITA, there was question check box to ask if we have any prior visa refusal history. I can not recall it, but it seems that I wrongly ticked 'No'.

Today, I have received a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) from LVO, the letter states that:
Specifically, I have concerns that you misrepresented your and your spouse’s past visa application history. In the application form, both you and your spouse responded No to the questions which asks, have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever:
Been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Furthermore, you and your spouse have not declared all of your activities, both educational and work related, since the age of 18.
Please submit a separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years). Do not leave any gaps.

This is defnitely not a misrepresentation, I swear it was caused by my negligence because I was distracted by babysitting my daughters when filling and submitting the form.

What should I do, please help. Any suggestion would be highly recommended.

BTW, today my status entered IP2. But not a smooth way.
Have u got any updates? Plz share ur updated situation

Annie0320

Dec 5, 2020
Hey,
I received my GCMS notes and there was an outgoing correspondence where the officer was about to send Procedural fairness letter but later cancelled as its status. was cancelled. Do I need to worry >

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hey,
I received my GCMS notes and there was an outgoing correspondence where the officer was about to send Procedural fairness letter but later cancelled as its status. was cancelled. Do I need to worry >
Impossible to tell without further details. Why was the PFL going to be sent?

Aryash

Feb 5, 2021
hello All, I am in a same boat. I applied for study visa and forgot to mention my refusal earlier in other country. However, once I noticed the mistake I informed themail through the webform & mail. After informing them I got PFL about my refusal. Can you please guide me for reply as that wasn't, not intention to hide & it's mistake

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
hello All, I am in a same boat. I applied for study visa and forgot to mention my refusal earlier in other country. However, once I noticed the mistake I informed themail through the webform & mail. After informing them I got PFL about my refusal. Can you please guide me for reply as that wasn't, not intention to hide & it's mistake
Which country you got refusal?

Aryash

Feb 5, 2021
Did usa asked you for fingerprints when did you apply there?
Yes I applied in 2015. However I informed that through webform as my agent has failed to mention my refusal in application form and I get PFL after I informed

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
So your fingers were done in 2015. And they are under info sharing agreement. What happened now. Did you get any update yet?