+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter - medical grounds - need advice for lawyers

govindkori

Feb 22, 2020
Hi,

I sponsored my parents in PGP Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire program in Jan 2015 and my father received a procedural fairness letter last week on medical grounds. He has chronic kidney disease 4, diabetes and heart condition which has been stable with medications.

Can someone please help in guiding how to respond to the fairness letter or recommend good immigration lawyers who have dealt with similar cases in the past.

Thanks so much.

creatinine is lower than the last test it's 2.21 now last time it's 2.5 and also he is CKD4.

PrabhjeetM

Mar 4, 2022
Yes, we did
Hi JBHKaur, Can you please confirm what was the status of your application? I applied for my Parents sponsorship under PGP 2019 and recevied "Procedural Fairness letter" for my Dad chronic Kidney disease. He is travelling to US today to my brother and i was hoping we will get his PR around end of March 2022 so they can come to Edmonton to us.
Appreciate if someone would advise what would be best course of action for me to take for this letter? appreciate if someone could email me @ jaspratty2010@gmail.com and provide some helpful details.

Thank you in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi JBHKaur, Can you please confirm what was the status of your application? I applied for my Parents sponsorship under PGP 2019 and recevied "Procedural Fairness letter" for my Dad chronic Kidney disease. He is travelling to US today to my brother and i was hoping we will get his PR around end of March 2022 so they can come to Edmonton to us.
Appreciate if someone would advise what would be best course of action for me to take for this letter? appreciate if someone could email me @ jaspratty2010@gmail.com and provide some helpful details.

Thank you in advance
What exactly was the request on the PFL? Was that about health condition that's not being disclosed or about excessive demand on his medical?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thank you in advance
When did you receive PFL as this is serious? How will he get PR this month if you haven’t addressed the PFL? A PFL means that a group of panel physicians will determine over the long term whether he is elgible. You need a lawyer to address the issues as his health may be an excessive demand on the health system so ineligible for PGP.

PrabhjeetM

Mar 4, 2022
What exactly was the request on the PFL? Was that about health condition that's not being disclosed or about excessive demand on his medical?
Diagnosed with - Chronic Kidney Disease, HTN, DM T2, Impaired Vision. But they are putting emphasis on Kidney Disease for either Dialysis or Transplant. My Dad had this issue last year and since then he is on medication and doing fine. He is bringing his medication from Indian and we have also arranged for getting his further medication shipped when required.

They are saying the threshold for a ptient is $8,019.00 per year on health and social services cost and they are suggesting that Dialysis takes 50K to 100K per year and transplant cost 100K 1st year and following up with 20K 2nd year.

PrabhjeetM

Mar 4, 2022
When did you receive PFL as this is serious? How will he get PR this month if you haven’t addressed the PFL? A PFL means that a group of panel physicians will determine over the long term whether he is elgible. You need a lawyer to address the issues as his health may be an excessive demand on the health system so ineligible for PGP.
I received the letter today. he has not received the PR, We were hoping that he will receive the PR and being unaware of the fact that this could happen. What lawyer do you suggest who have prior experience? and also if you know what generally does a Lawyer do in these cases?

thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Diagnosed with - Chronic Kidney Disease, HTN, DM T2, Impaired Vision. But they are putting emphasis on Kidney Disease for either Dialysis or Transplant. My Dad had this issue last year and since then he is on medication and doing fine. He is bringing his medication from Indian and we have also arranged for getting his further medication shipped when required.

They are saying the threshold for a ptient is $8,019.00 per year on health and social services cost and they are suggesting that Dialysis takes 50K to 100K per year and transplant cost 100K 1st year and following up with 20K 2nd year.
Dialysis is an excessive demand on the system. Panel physicians look at the long term (5-10 years away) not just how he feels right now. So will he need dialysis or a transplant? He can’t ship medicine into Canada. I don’t know a lawyer but this is not something that will be resolved anytime soon. It could take months or years for a decision. The moderators, Cohen Immigration, are in the link above.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I received the letter today. he has not received the PR, We were hoping that he will receive the PR and being unaware of the fact that this could happen. What lawyer do you suggest who have prior experience? and also if you know what generally does a Lawyer do in these cases?

thank you
What you will want to try to convince IRCC is that he is sufficiently healthy that he will not need to go on dialysis and/or will not need a kidney transplant in the next 5-10 years. I agree that you are best off working with a lawyer. For evidence to try to prove that he will not need dialysis and not need a kidney transplat in the next 5-10 years, you'll want to get letters from doctors to support this. Ideally his test results should also support the fact that he will not need the dialysis or transplant for the next 10 years. Hopefully he has a doctor he can visit in the US who knows his medical history and can support this process.

It generally takes a while to hear back on a PFL. So your father should be prepared to spend a number of months in the US.

Good luck.

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018

my father in law had same issue, i did not hire a lawyer to prove that he do not need dialysis and their ,medical was approved recently. you need docs from doctors indication how he is doing and mention that he do not need dialysis

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my father in law had same issue, i did not hire a lawyer to prove that he do not need dialysis and their ,medical was approved recently. you need docs from doctors indication how he is doing and mention that he do not need dialysis
This seems much more complex. Looks like he has advanced diabetes that has affected multiple systems in his body and likely more than being described.