+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter - I need a lawyer

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hello Guys,

I have received a PFL while sponsoring my wife as the officer wasn't convinced that my wife (spsonsroed applicant) has attended the wedding because we painted her hair/shoulder/arm using the windows paint in two photos due to relgious reasons. Even the marriage contract was done while both of us were physcially present.

Has anyone faced such issue?

I am looking for a Jewish laywer as those folks are the smartest in the globe in handling complicated issues. Please let me know if you know any good one.

Please advise.

Thanks.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have received a PFL while sponsoring my wife as the officer wasn't convinced that my wife (spsonsroed applicant) has attended the wedding because we painted her hair/shoulder/arm using the windows paint in two photos due to relgious reasons. Even the marriage contract was done while both of us were physcially present.

I am looking for a Jewish laywer as those folks are the smartest in the globe in handling complicated issues. Please let me know if you know any good one.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Why not supply more photos that are less obscured?

Canuck_Morb

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Ottawa, Ont.
Hello Guys,

Please advise.

Thanks.
Seriously? It looks like you have other issues to address. Good luck.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Wait, let me get this straight. You’re saying you doctored photos you sent in to IRCC? And now you’re surprised they sent you a PFL?

I don’t even know where to begin with this one. I’m going to assume (correct me if I’m wrong) that you did so because normally your wife would have her arms, legs, shoulders, and head covered in public?

If so, and you and your wife knew that why would you not have taken the steps to ensure that was the case in photos you knew you had to send to IRCC? You knew you were going to sponsor her, and I’m going to assume you consider the values of your religion important and want to practice them. All of that should have been taken into account when taking photos you knew you were going to send in with your application. (Plus what is the point of having wedding photos if you can’t show them off to everybody without mutilating them?)

Hands down the largest mistake people make with their applications. They don’t think it through enough ahead of time before sending the paperwork.

Reactions: Canuck_Morb

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Wait, let me get this straight. You’re saying you doctored photos you sent in to IRCC? And now you’re surprised they sent you a PFL?

I don’t even know where to begin with this one. I’m going to assume (correct me if I’m wrong) that you did so because normally your wife would have her arms, legs, shoulders, and head covered in public?

If so, and you and your wife knew that why would you not have taken the steps to ensure that was the case in photos you knew you had to send to IRCC? You knew you were going to sponsor her, and I’m going to assume you consider the values of your religion important and want to practice them. All of that should have been taken into account when taking photos you knew you were going to send in with your application. (Plus what is the point of having wedding photos if you can’t show them off to everybody without mutilating them?)

Hands down the largest mistake people make with their applications. They don’t think it through enough ahead of time before sending the paperwork.
this has me triggered a bit - is it a big deal if we have those like, color filters over some pictures? (Like from instagram? We printed all of our photos from our facebook accounts.)

bian07

May 19, 2017
this has me triggered a bit - is it a big deal if we have those like, color filters over some pictures? (Like from instagram? We printed all of our photos from our facebook accounts.)
A picture edited for social media is something completely normal, a picture that has been altered like OP described it, is not.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Colour filters are one thing, but if you’re deliberately taking things out of the photo or changing backgrounds, etc how do they know you’re actually in the place you said you were with those people? Obvious photoshopping like that can be sketchy. Colour filters or your professional photographer editing the photos for better lighting and whatnot isn’t an issue.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello Guys,

Please advise.

Thanks.
I don't know where to start with this.

You need a lawyer. Racist and/or anti-semitic tropes about lawyers shouldn't be part of your evaluation.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello Guys,

Please advise.

Thanks.
Wouldn’t it be easier if you send them undoctored photos of the wedding ceremony?