+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness (Forgot to mention about previous refusal)

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I answered that question with no, should I raise a webform before receiving the procedural fairness letter or what should I do?

Hello MesopotamiaSon,

October 18th is a long time ago. At this point withdrawing your application is not the way to go as you may not be able to if an eligibility review has started or a final decision is about to be made on the application.

This situation is not new to me. Given the duration waited for you to realize the mistake leaves your application hanging on a balance. However, if you don't try, you may not know. Don't just send a message via the webform, fill out a new IMM 1294e Form and ensure to correct the error by ticking the correct information coupled with a concise Letter of Explanation (LOE) using persuasive words and hope it works in your favour. Visit www.gcmswriters.com if you need professional writing assistance.

There is no guarantee that the dittoed will remedy the situation as you wasted too much time realizing the error. At this point, it will be wise if you request your GCMS notes to proactively monitor your application process. You can request your GCMS notes by tapping the blue highlighted words or reach out to @GCMSWriters on IG, Telegram, and/or Twitter.

– JS

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Withdrawing is technically the safest option. Even if you raise a webform now, there is always some chance IRCC has already found the misrepresentation and has started the PFL process. There's no way to know that.

If you don't want to withdraw, send the webform. Do it right now. Don't wait any longer.
Hello Scylla,

If a decision has been reached on the application, which seems so for the moniker, withdrawing the application may not be honoured especially after a medical request.

As you have rightly advised him before to send a webform. There will be no harm to attach the correctly filled IMM 1294e Form and prepare for the worst.

– JS

Reactions: scylla

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I already raised a webform yesterday do you think it is still possible to withdraw my application? if so how can I withdraw it? is it through filling another webform or what?
Your withdrawal might not be processed in time and they would rather send a refusal. I would suggest that if they send a PFL then be ready to hire a lawyer to respond to that PFL.

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I i applied for my parents supervisa online on jan 31st, 2022 and I forgot to mention that they had a Canadian TRV refusal 8 years ago and while reviewing the confirmation messages from IRCC- i realized i accidentally did not mention the previous visa refusal at Canada. I have just now requested a withdrawal for both applications. also sent another webform mentioning the error was an oversight and not intentional and i have also asked if they will allow me to withdraw and I can pay new fees and submit a new application. now I have to wait and pray that they either let me withdraw or proceed with the existing application.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I i applied for my parents supervisa online on jan 31st, 2022 and I forgot to mention that they had a Canadian TRV refusal 8 years ago and while reviewing the confirmation messages from IRCC- i realized i accidentally did not mention the previous visa refusal at Canada. I have just now requested a withdrawal for both applications. also sent another webform mentioning the error was an oversight and not intentional and i have also asked if they will allow me to withdraw and I can pay new fees and submit a new application. now I have to wait and pray that they either let me withdraw or proceed with the existing application.
Jan 31 was not last night. It depends on them, you have withdrawn pretty quickly but their processes are also fast these days because of the use of AI software. Just hope that they accept the withdrawal, it's my suggestion with no experience, to send an email as well to emphasize that you want to withdraw so that you can launch a new application.

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
Jan 31 was not last night. It depends on them, you have withdrawn pretty quickly but their processes are also fast these days because of the use of AI software. Just hope that they accept the withdrawal, it's my suggestion with no experience, to send an email as well to emphasize that you want to withdraw so that you can launch a new application.
I actually edited my message right away and corrected saying last night. :)

so basically -
jan 31night i submitted the application
feb 1st i summited webform to withdraw application and i got auto response saying 5 business days they will respond
feb 2nd i submitted a new webform mentioning the reason why i want to withdraw the application. also notified the oversight of not mentioning Canadian TRV refusal.
i also mentioned in the webform that please allow the withdrawal so that I can pay new fee and re submit the application with correct info.
hopefully i get a response soon and i will keep you all posted.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I actually edited my message right away and corrected saying last night. :)

so basically -
jan 31night i submitted the application
feb 1st i summited webform to withdraw application and i got auto response saying 5 business days they will respond
feb 2nd i submitted a new webform mentioning the reason why i want to withdraw the application. also notified the oversight of not mentioning Canadian TRV refusal.
i also mentioned in the webform that please allow the withdrawal so that I can pay new fee and re submit the application with correct info.
hopefully i get a response soon and i will keep you all posted.
I see two problems, my comments should be subjected to correction by experts on this forum.
1) You have withheld information about the mistake in your first request on Feb 1 and disclosed it to them on Feb 2.
2) IRCC doesn't take coming out clean as a good gesture but as a confession of an offense, which means you are telling them that you have committed misrepresentation.
Shouldn't have told them about it, should have just asked for a withdrawal.

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
I see two problems, my comments should be subjected to correction by experts on this forum.
1) You have withheld information about the mistake in your first request on Feb 1 and disclosed it to them on Feb 2.
2) IRCC doesn't take coming out clean as a good gesture but as a confession of an offense, which means you are telling them that you have committed misrepresentation.
Shouldn't have told them about it, should have just asked for a withdrawal.
on Feb 1st when i sent the request for withdrawal i mentioned that I have made error on questionnaires and i don't know how to correct it. so I am requesting withdrawal.
then after i read on CIC website that if there is any update required on application or missing document on the application we can submit it thru webform - that is why i right away sent a new webform mentioning the exact error I made about the visa refusal
after submitting the application when i looked at the application summary i figured out the mistake and took steps right away. hopefully i will know something by next week :(

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
on Feb 1st when i sent the request for withdrawal i mentioned that I have made error on questionnaires and i don't know how to correct it. so I am requesting withdrawal.
then after i read on CIC website that if there is any update required on application or missing document on the application we can submit it thru webform - that is why i right away sent a new webform mentioning the exact error I made about the visa refusal
after submitting the application when i looked at the application summary i figured out the mistake and took steps right away. hopefully i will know something by next week :(
You didn't submit any new document, you told them about a mistake. It was a mistake, I wish they have mercy and withdraw the applications without creating trouble for you. Pray and hope for a positive outcome, that's all you can do now.

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
You didn't submit any new document, you told them about a mistake. It was a mistake, I wish they have mercy and withdraw the applications without creating trouble for you. Pray and hope for a positive outcome, that's all you can do now.
yes- i did not submit any new document but that was the only option available on the webform page to select- in order for me to update and notify them about the error. i know i am so stressed out and can't sleep well because this is a horrible mistake . Please pray for me that at least they allow me to withdraw the application. so that i can re submit the application