+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Privately Sponsored Refugee from Turkey

sfs1

Nov 8, 2019
Hi there,
We made interview 27 May 2019 and the officer told to us that max 6 months for check criminal background. And until now we still “in process”. Until 27 November we need to wait or maybe it’s need more? When we can receive “decision made”?
Does anyone know that processing time for Turkey changed and right now is 25 months?( before it’s was 26 months) I will glad for any reply about how much time it’s taking from application received? If it’s really 25 months or more?
Thanks

Last edited:

Bele

May 8, 2019
hello friends
did anybody heard about suspended of a sponsourship agreement holder ?
I was started the process but my sponsours in Canada has Suspended. So because of this my process is on pend. is there anyone who can give me an information about this please .
Thank you in advance

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
Hello guys,
I know a family in Turkey who got privately sponsored. They are expected to arrive to Canada Feb 20,2020. They went get exit permit from Turkey and it seems the interview was very difficult and hard. They are from Kurdistan Iraq. Do you think they may not grand them the exit permit? Thanks for sharing.

PSAHR

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hello guys,
I know a family in Turkey who got privately sponsored. They are expected to arrive to Canada Feb 20,2020. They went get exit permit from Turkey and it seems the interview was very difficult and hard. They are from Kurdistan Iraq. Do you think they may not grand them the exit permit? Thanks for sharing.
I do not think there would be any issue in getting exit permit - they have gone through legal process with thorough background check done so there is no reason Turkish authority would stop them boarding a plane. Happy to hear regarding movement on private sponsor ship cases from Turkey. Do you know when they did their interview and medical and how they were informed about decision on their case?
Thanks,
PSAHR

Reactions: sfs1

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
I do not think there would be any issue in getting exit permit - they have gone through legal process with thorough background check done so there is no reason Turkish authority would stop them boarding a plane. Happy to hear regarding movement on private sponsor ship cases from Turkey. Do you know when they did their interview and medical and how they were informed about decision on their case?
Thanks,
PSAHR
Hi Brother
Did you receive any update on your file ?

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Same here no response.
Emailed the Embassy couple of times receiving the same response everytime.
Your file is in process no need to take any action ..

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Hi dear,
Nothing new- still in process. How about you? I guess it’s more than a year since you have done your medical? Did they mention anything about medical expiration?
No never received anything on Medical expiration.. though i am curious what will be their take regarding our Medicals, Taking New emerging Coronavirus around.

PSAHR

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Same here no response.
Emailed the Embassy couple of times receiving the same response everytime.
Your file is in process no need to take any action ..
I contacted the embassy too- they responded that the case is in final stage and that I will be contacted if additional information is required. Seems like a standard reply. Today completes one year since my medical and interview done- so not sure if i have to redo the medical. Lets hope for the best and a quick decision.

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
I contacted the embassy too- they responded that the case is in final stage and that I will be contacted if additional information is required. Seems like a standard reply. Today completes one year since my medical and interview done- so not sure if i have to redo the medical. Lets hope for the best and a quick decision.
I have been receiving the same response from the embassy since september .. I contacted them 3 times . lets hope for the best

amr.1997

Feb 7, 2020
Hey fellows actually i applied as private sponsored syrian refugee in Quebc from Egypt and i was forced to transfer my application to turkey and surprisingly it was processed quickly. I made my interview in the end of April 2019 and it was smooth and everything went good also did my medical check in May 2019 and nothing was wrong with it the interviewer said that there will be a background security check which will probably take 6 month less or more. am checking my online statue and its written in process any similar cases

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Hey fellows actually i applied as private sponsored syrian refugee in Quebc from Egypt and i was forced to transfer my application to turkey and surprisingly it was processed quickly. I made my interview in the end of April 2019 and it was smooth and everything went good also did my medical check in May 2019 and nothing was wrong with it the interviewer said that there will be a background security check which will probably take 6 month less or more. am checking my online statue and its written in process any similar cases
Hi we are also waiting to be resettled to Quebec..
Interview on oct 2018 since than no response..