Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Bad luck...we got portal invitation email on 28 sept. PA was in India. On OCTOBER 14 we got another email and update in GC account sating please confirm address of all the applicant. PA reached Canada on 7 Nov and replied to bith the emails. Its been a week and haven't heard anything from IRCC. Application still shows Your action is needed. Its feels they again put are file on hold.. anyone in similar situations.

KDelhi88

Oct 15, 2021
Hi Folks,

We have got the letter stating -

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa."

But this letter is in name of the spouse and my name is not at all there. I am dependent living in India. There is no use of these steps as my spouse is already in Canada. What should be done now? Should I submit my passport with this letter or wait for a specific letter from them for me? Please help.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Guys,

I got the documents back for my dependent.. everything seems good besides the height... The height says 110 and should be 125.. Dependent is still minor, and therefore growing every day... Should I apply for correction? @legalfalcon your input is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

gn911

Jan 13, 2021
Hi Folks,

We have got the letter stating -

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa."

But this letter is in name of the spouse and my name is not at all there. I am dependent living in India. There is no use of these steps as my spouse is already in Canada. What should be done now? Should I submit my passport with this letter or wait for a specific letter from them for me? Please help.
I (primary applicant) received the same letter in my profile for my dependent spouse (who is in India). In the letter it was mentioned "RE: DEP spouse residing in India" which made me realize that although it is addressed to me, it's the PPR for my spouse and we sent the documents via VFS to IRCC Delhi.

In most of the cases that people have received this, it is in fact a PPR for the outland dependent.

Reactions: Shik18

ARDARJ

Sep 1, 2021
Bad luck...we got portal invitation email on 28 sept. PA was in India. On OCTOBER 14 we got another email and update in GC account sating please confirm address of all the applicant. PA reached Canada on 7 Nov and replied to bith the emails. Its been a week and haven't heard anything from IRCC. Application still shows Your action is needed. Its feels they again put are file on hold.. anyone in similar situations.
Hello -

I may land up in same situation. I have completed the Re medical of Family in OCT..and not seeing any progress after that ..medical passed in last week of Oct. I see the folks whose medical passed in November have received the emails. If PA is going on vacation to home country do we need to inform IRCC for that?. Did you come back on PRTD? How did you manage your immigration check... Your reply will be appreciated.

Reactions: swapanathorat

isdisajoke

Aug 5, 2021
Hi All,
Does anyone here (Inland Applicant with outland dependents) have experience of getting their PR Application processed through back-home or where dependents are staying?

I am hoping to get my portal email once I submit medicals for outland dependent (Dependent child who was added to application just last week and I have received medical form already).

I am currently in Canada but travelling back-home in two weeks and hoping to stay there for a while. I intend to inform IRCC of new address for specified period of time. I talked to IRCC agent and he said that in normal times IRCC would move your case to your local VAC in home country. (But my thoughts that covid changed everything sadly and it may put my application on hold for amount of time I will be there)

What do you suggest?

AOR: FEB 2020

ARDARJ

Sep 1, 2021
Hi All,
Does anyone here (Inland Applicant with outland dependents) have experience of getting their PR Application processed through back-home or where dependents are staying?

I am hoping to get my portal email once I submit medicals for outland dependent (Dependent child who was added to application just last week and I have received medical form already).

I am currently in Canada but travelling back-home in two weeks and hoping to stay there for a while. I intend to inform IRCC of new address for specified period of time. I talked to IRCC agent and he said that in normal times IRCC would move your case to your local VAC in home country. (But my thoughts that covid changed everything sadly and it may put my application on hold for amount of time I will be there)

What do you suggest?

AOR: FEB 2020
I as well spoke to IRCC consultant he/says whilst overseas if you get email asking details or dependents then you need to inform them about your location and when are you going back to Canada. This will help IRCC from making you COPR whilst outside.