+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
My spouse got portal email. I used her email (created for immigration purposes) to apply for visitor visa and open work permit. We got portal email with application number of our CEC file but into her email. Firstly, How come they connected her email to PR file. Secondly, Why on earth they are asking her to declare that she is in Canada. Any suggestions please
They have gone nuts.. are they working professionals or just school students? There no proper system.. visitors from any where in the world can enter Canada but not immediate family members.. this is so crazy.. but they talk but humanitarian ground.. very sarcastic...

naren7878

Aug 22, 2021
HELP. @legalfalcon
We are now in difficult situation. (Bad luck)
Received Portal mail on 28/09/2021. My husband PA (who was in Canada) is in India for a visit as we were apart from last 2 years.
He can travel back after Diwali mostly.
Should he reply to the email and explain the exact situation? Or should hold on for a month to reply?

Also, if he replies he is in India, will his current TRV (Work permit will be cancelled? )
I would suggest to reply to the portal mail mentioning PA is in India. In most cases they ask to inform once he is back to Canada. Until then they should hold the portal credentials and eCOPR. Until he receives his COPR, his Work Permit is valid.

SathyaPriyatharsini

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Funny thing is PA did not received this in his email. It was send to dependent's email which was used in visitor visa. Like wtf. How PR file got mixed up with TRV. I never gave her email ID in PR application and never mentioned that in portal reply. MORONS
Just like ours , our work permit representative got our portal mail..here the pa is checking his mail top to bottom all folders every minute to hear a good news...somehow after a week we got that from him .. we are totally clueless how are they messing like this...

Shweta51190

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
Med's Done....
12-01-2021
Hi All... My husband who is dependent in our file and staying in India got PPR on 15th September and now he received his Passport with Visa and COPR letter. I am Primary applicant and staying in Canada. I have received 1st email and 2nd credential email in last week since then waiting for ecopr for myself.. now my husband is ready for travel but he is not able as my landing is not done yet. Our problem is they haven't requested remedical for my husband and the visa he got is only till 24th November.

Any suggestion which will help to get me eCOPR soon? Please help.

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
I see most of the people are waiting for dependent ppr. In my case my dependent got copr and pr visa. Being an inland applicant I am waiting for portal email from last 28 days. I tried all the possibilities like webform, emails, and call but nothing yet. Any suggestions for me to do what to do next? Or any email id where I can write and explain my situation. Really very sceard, and stressful. Need help guys.
And if anyone has email id of CIO sydney nova scotia then share please.
Wish me a luck.
Thank you.

Zeekeem

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Someone please reply.
If they ask for remedical (dependent spouse) and it is submitted by the physician. Does the Ircc account changes from "Your action is required" to submitted? Or does it change when the medical is passed?

SushSushSush

Mar 17, 2021
Someone please reply.
If they ask for remedical (dependent spouse) and it is submitted by the physician. Does the Ircc account changes from "Your action is required" to submitted? Or does it change when the medical is passed?

It will be same itself like your action is required , once medicals are passed it will change to application/status updated

Reactions: Zeekeem

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
I would suggest to reply to the portal mail mentioning PA is in India. In most cases they ask to inform once he is back to Canada. Until then they should hold the portal credentials and eCOPR. Until he receives his COPR, his Work Permit is valid.
Thanks you.

shivek002

Jul 15, 2017
An approved application is irrelevant. What matters is your status in Canada. Whether you are a PR or not. You only become a PR when you are issued a COPR and you land and are admitted into Canada. If an individual is already in Canada, pre-COVID they had to report to an IRCC inland officer for the COPR stamping or go to the border. Only after landing, an individual becomes a PR. When landing, even if the application is approved, COPR issued, the BSO can refuse entry.

The application is in the name of the PA. How can dependents be conferred with PR status without PA being examined (virtually through e-COPR or in person at PoE) and granted PR status. What if PA is not granted a PR status due to any inadmissibility found, even if the application is approved, and depends are conferred PR status before. In this scenarios the entire family will have to be removed from Canada. Under the law, if any family member is found inadmissible, the entire PR application is refused.

Unless you land (virtually or in person) and are admitted, you DO NOT become a PR and continue to be a foreign alien, with a temporary status in Canada.

It may look illogical, and you may say that you are not inadmissible, so your dependents should be allowed, but that us not how law works. Rules re made for general masses and not individual circumstances.
thank you so much for this detailed response and this makes total sense. thats why you are legal falcon :)

Ashish_2021

Sep 29, 2021
Can we apply for Visitor Visa for Dependents while EE application is in process and Primary have recd CoPR..? Will this may hit application and process earlier..? Can dependents travel once Visitor Visa is approved..?

Reactions: Vikaskumaran96

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Can we apply for Visitor Visa for Dependents while EE application is in process and Primary have recd CoPR..? Will this may hit application and process earlier..? Can dependents travel once Visitor Visa is approved..?
Then u have to show dual intent and strong ties for your spouse to her home country.
And, she will not live more than the 6 months period in Canada.

this is really hard to prove considering you are in Canada. visa officer will surely think that your spouse will over stay her period.
that's why so many people's visitor visa gets rejected.

best option is to wait, you already have COPR now.

Reactions: Vikaskumaran96